The Immortal Lee County Killers and Henctmen in a month...

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

candy-cane-girl
Known user

The Immortal Lee County Killers and Henctmen in a month...

Post by candy-cane-girl »

EDIT
Last edited by candy-cane-girl on Fri May 06, 2005 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

one to look forward to, without a doubt. I'm trying to find out where in Brum the Sunflower club(pub?) is.

Post by Guest »

There is a place called The Sunflower Lounge on Smallbrook Queensway, Birmingham.

Post by Guest »

But.........

Friday, 29 April 2005
ColdRice: Weird War + Copter
At Sunflower Lounge, Birmingham
From 10:00pm until 2:00am
Price: £5.00
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

well, I've had a look at http://www.coldrice.com/events.html and it appears there's an upstairs and a downstairs.

There also appears to be a shitload of grubby rock'n'roll lined up.
ndk

Post by ndk »

yo, anyone seen the ilck before ? got some tickets so gonna check em out on a gamble, they sound fun, also, t model ford is on at the spitz london 8th, that should be good, fat possum records other old dust farting bluesman, as rl burnside said, YEAH !
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

Just got my ticket for the ILCK gig. It's been a while since they played London and I've yet to see them as a three piece. Can't wait...
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

saw them last night in Brum - tremendous gig. In fact all three bands were excellent, make sure you catch the High Plains Drifters in support. Two people in suits making a lot of noise.
The ILCK are now a threesome and make an even better fucked up racket. The drummer played half the set blindfolded.
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

Starfish wrote:saw them last night in Brum - tremendous gig. In fact all three bands were excellent, make sure you catch the High Plains Drifters in support. Two people in suits making a lot of noise.
The ILCK are now a threesome and make an even better fucked up racket. The drummer played half the set blindfolded.
Was at the Spitz last night and it was fucking brilliant. This time the drummer played the entire set blindfolded (apart from when he sang the gospel tunes). The 'singalong 'was an awesome moment!
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

did you catch the High Plains Drifters?
candy-cane-girl
Known user

EDIT
Last edited by candy-cane-girl on Fri May 06, 2005 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

Starfish wrote:did you catch the High Plains Drifters?
Yep, caught the High Plane Drifters, Chet from the lee county killers had recommended them. I liked them and the singer's dancing moves put a smile on my face.
They are from Stockton aren't they?
candy-cane-girl
Known user

Yes they are :) I take care of their website, you can download a track from http://www.thehighplanedrifters.co.uk if you like....

Glad you had a goodtime!
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

candy-cane-girl wrote:Yes they are :) I take care of their website, you can download a track from http://www.thehighplanedrifters.co.uk if you like....

Glad you had a goodtime!
Thanks for that candy-cane -girl! I'm going to be checking back to see when they're touring again.
candy-cane-girl
Known user

EDIT *groan*
Last edited by candy-cane-girl on Fri May 06, 2005 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
candy-cane-girl
Known user

Edited this just in case i get accused of anything else heaven forbid.
Last edited by candy-cane-girl on Fri May 06, 2005 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

:D

How was the gig in Stockton?
candy-cane-girl
Known user

Edited for accused spamming
Last edited by candy-cane-girl on Fri May 06, 2005 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whatever....

board moderator, about the high plane drifters. like.

Post by whatever.... »

isn't this plugging of this band just junk mail or spam or the equivelant of too many pizza flyers and political party flyers being stuffed through your letter box at once. someone do something. use your own site to plug your own bands candy girl. alternatively, get a job in pr or marketting.
regards
sunny
Site Admin

Re: board moderator, about the high plane drifters. like.

Post by sunny »

whatever.... wrote:isn't this plugging of this band just junk mail or spam or the equivelant of too many pizza flyers and political party flyers being stuffed through your letter box at once. someone do something. use your own site to plug your own bands candy girl. alternatively, get a job in pr or marketting.
regards
I responded to this in the other thread, but in case you missed it here it goes again;

Seems to me she only responded to specific questions from me and others. If anyone's to blame it's probably me and my curiosity about new bands. What you consider spam I'm considering information. I can restrict this to PM's if it's irritating to the majority of the people on the MB. Sorry...

Sunny