John Cale presents The Velvet Underground & Nico

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

angelsighs
Known user

John Cale presents The Velvet Underground & Nico

Post by angelsighs »

Intrigued by this.. open air show in Liverpool, John Cale performing Nico in full with high profile collaborators to be announced nearer the time

www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/37751919
Martin L
Known user

Re: John Cale presents The Velvet Underground & Nico

Post by Martin L »

Ive booked a ticket on a whim to see this....not cheap at £55!
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

The other half has excitedly informed me that she has booked two tickets for this. I didn't have the heart to tell her that I think it's a dreadful idea, not helped by the fact that it's an outdoor gig.
I guess its success all depends on who the other musicians are.

I await the 'Will Carruthers plays Playing With Fire' announcement.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

my intrigue did reduce once I saw the price tag..
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Meh.

I was unlucky enough to see VU at Wembley Arena where they were crap. I was not bothered to buy a ticket to hear 1/4 of the band (and sundry strangers) play an LP in the open air in Liverpool. It will rain.

/gumpy old git mode off/
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Not inspired by this idea at all tbh, literally never play this album - I will own up to playing it to death as a teenager though - and have no desire to see/hear it being interpreted by John Cale + whoever. A fair few on my various social network timelines seem to fancy it mind, well crack on but not for me.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Some friends of mine saw him do it in Paris earlier this year and said it was very good, so I'm definitely gonna go along.

Also, Olan: You got to see Luna at Wembley Arena then? I was speaking to Sean about that show when I last saw them, I bet it was a wild time for them!
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

James T wrote: Also, Olan: You got to see Luna at Wembley Arena then? I was speaking to Sean about that show when I last saw them, I bet it was a wild time for them!
Wembley was dialed in by Lou and Co. It was absolutely terrible as they appeared not to give a shit really. I found it hard to listen to VU for several years after it. I am usually very reluctant to go to reunion shows of this type as a result.

I am embarrassed to admit that I have absolutely no recollection of Luna playing the show. I got married the previous month and Jackie didn't want to go, so I went with an old friend. He also has no recollection of Luna which suggests we turned up too late to see them. He drove so no drinking was involved (until we got back to Reading anyway).