Liverpool International Festival of Psychedelia 2017

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

Martin L
Known user

Liverpool International Festival of Psychedelia 2017

Post by Martin L »

Dates announced of 22 + 23 September. Limited tickets priced at £50 on sale Friday morning. No acts announced yet!
angelsighs
Known user

Re: Liverpool International Festival of Psychedelia 2017

Post by angelsighs »

they tweeted the other day in a fashion that suggests that some news might be coming soon. which would be pretty cool. from previous years I think i remember it usually being Feb/March for the first announcement?
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

big news next week apparently
Martin L
Known user

Post by Martin L »

I hope its good and they apologise for the early bird ticket fiasco!
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

angelsighs wrote:big news next week apparently
Seem to be dragging their heels with the `big news` wonder what the hold up is?They did change the colour on the logo, does that qualify as big news? :lol:
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

ha yeah I guess sometimes it takes a little longer to cross the I's and dot the T's before you can make the announcement.

changing their logo is usually a precusor to the first announcement so I don't think we'll have to wait much longer.
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

Black Angels, White Manna and Wolf People great stuff......then I am totally underwhelmed

Not convinced I am attending unless they add some better bands in the second announcement
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

Yawn. Was really hoping to this year too. Sigh. Not worth it in my opinion.
Design.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Will be there for Loop. Not a bad line-up by any means but nothing that would convince me to part with the cost of the wild weekend's of yesteryear... That said, there's more to come. We'll see.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

You're all nuts. That's the best opening line up they've had for a couple of years.

The Black Angels, Songhoy Blues, Loop, White Manna, Adrian Sherwood, Pigs x 7, The Bongolian all immediately catch the eye. Add in Laetitia Sadier, Sex Swing, Chris Forsyth, Julie's Haircut, Magic Shoppe, Container, Bitchin' Bajas and Rancho Relaxo and there's enough to be getting on with already.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Thank god Joycey, thought I was alone. I think it's a great first announcement. Definitely enough for a starter for me.
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

I mean I'm obviously going to go, just having a moan that's all :D
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Cautious thumbs up from me, Black Angels, Loop & White Manna catching my eye immediately, but will want to check out Laetitia Sadier and Adrian Sherwood as well. The Rocket Recordings acts are always good value and a few other interesting things further down the lineup and another round of bands to come, what I did notice is £80, price is creeping steadily upwards.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Aquarian-Time wrote:I mean I'm obviously going to go, just having a moan that's all :D
fair enough. just make sure you get the moaning out the way before the weekend itself :)

I think it's a really good first announcement. I guess it's subjective but I remember some previous years first announcements being more underwhelming to me.

Really stoked to see Chris Forsyth and The Solar Motel Band. I've only seen Black Angels once before. many of the other bands I've seen before but very happy to see again.
lots of other stuff piqued my interest- Adrian Sherwood (nice bit of dub?), Laetitia Sadier (wonder what that will be like), Ex Easter Island Head (treated electric guitars?)
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

As usual I'm going to treat this like a social event with some interesting music. I've hardly been bothered by the headline acts for several years, but have found lots to enjoy in the bottom of the bill acts. This is very thin currently. Having said that, I hope Sonic turns up to play with Julie's Haircut and am looking forward to Laetitia Sadier as a total saddo when it comes to Stereolab.

I'm bringing a zippo to burn down those feckin' net curtains if they reappear. :twisted: Putting in a proper PA and light show for both big rooms should be a priority. The camp was a disgrace last year, too quiet most of the time (and not even turned on for the first tune and a half in the Silver Apples set) and bloody dull to look at. :evil:

Hopefully I will be less yellow and more on the beer this year too.
Martin L
Known user

Post by Martin L »

Hopefully it will still be an interesting event. The price creeping up is down to the venue organising everything and realising that they can make more money out of everyone
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

Just don't find worth the travel and hotel etc.
Design.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

To be fair, the price is exactly the same as last year.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Think the ticket price is very fair, just the cost of hotels and travel and drinks and food makes it a very expensive weekend. I have so many out-of-town shows coming up costing a fortune that i can't manage the whole weekend for this and won't be staying overnight. I can't really stand Black Angels, so it works out nicely for an early getaway I guess!
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

sunray wrote:To be fair, the price is exactly the same as last year.
Well, my ticket was £62.50 last yr, incl fees and this yr it will £87.50 incl fees. ,
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Yeah but didn't you get the early bird last year?
I missed out on the early bird last year and paid £88 including fees, which'll be the same this year.
Martin L
Known user

Post by Martin L »

Did anyone get an early bird ticket this year? I think it will be interesting to see how much the tickets are when they send the e-mail tomorrow to everyone on their mailing list, otherwise £80
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

We currently know of one lucky winner in the early bird. Compared to everyone who wanted one last year an years before all getting one. I think that tells its own story.
Last edited by Aquarian-Time on Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

You`ll have to excuse my cynicism but I reckon I had a snowball in hells chance of getting an early bird ticket this yr. Zero problems getting one the last 3 yr though funnily enough :?

Just to add, I`ve listening to the Celestial Bums album and I will definitely be checking them out :)
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

got my ticket. but yeah, £90 with fees. once it tips over 100 notes I think i'll start thinking more about whether it's worth it.

what's the controversy about the early bird? is there some sort of conspiracy afoot?

I could always go for the early bird next year but with my luck that'll be when the lineup finally goes to pot.

very much looking forward to it as personally the lineup is great for me as a starter. and there'll be another helping along soon including another headliner.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Ticket purchased, with slight reservations about first line-up announcement. Hoping for better with the next one though, like we always say, its more about the whole weekend rather than just the bands.

Early bird tickets seem to go very quickly with very few people reporting they actually got hold of one. Looks like more of a PR exercise rather than a genuine "early bird" offer. In previous years the early birds hang around for much longer.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
Martin L
Known user

Post by Martin L »

I managed to purchase early bird tickets every time apart from this year. Prices are creeping up, last years beer token idea {you will get served quicker, stop staff thieving from the bar, no cash etc (will keep quiet about the lack of staff at the cans only bar in Camp before cavern of anti-matter and the students who served the beer), increased security keeping everyone inside the fence is making it all feel a bit more corporate and less home grown. I will have more faith in The Invisible Wind Factory FestEVOL to keep it entertaining and if the last Liverpool music week closing party venues are the same the grimy gritty locations will be fun!
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Shinesalight wrote:
Early bird tickets seem to go very quickly with very few people reporting they actually got hold of one. Looks like more of a PR exercise rather than a genuine "early bird" offer. In previous years the early birds hang around for much longer.
hmm that is a bit fishy. and dodgy if true.

no festival is perfect, and it does seem to be getting gradually more corporate. but what I'd say is.. name me one better festival around at the moment? if they're out there I'd love to know.

I guess the quality of the lineup is always subjective but I'm certainly more than happy with this first annoucement.

people need to check out Chris Forsyth and the Solar Motel Band. the 'Solar Motel' album itself is one of my absolute favourites of recent years. imagine if Television suddenly decided to start playing krautrock. yep, that good.
flokie
Known user

Post by flokie »

angelsighs wrote: I guess the quality of the lineup is always subjective but I'm certainly more than happy with this first annoucement.

people need to check out Chris Forsyth and the Solar Motel Band. the 'Solar Motel' album itself is one of my absolute favourites of recent years. imagine if Television suddenly decided to start playing krautrock. yep, that good.
I could very well be tempted to travel this year for this very reason. I'll wait and see what other gigs he plays around that time, but I suspect I may have to travel one way or another. White Manna is another band I haven't managed to see live yet but would love to. It seems like most years I hold out in hope that bands playing in Liverpool will then do a mini-tour and hit Glasgow, but in fact it doesn't really happen.

Oh and you really need to get your hands on a turntable and the Solar Motel Live LP!
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

yeah, I'm sure you saw on twitter he is looking to put together a UK tour at the same time? looks like just festivals so far though.

White Manna are great live- one of the highlights of the fest a couple of years back. they sounded huge.

and yep, funnily enough I am in the process of procuring a turntable from a fellow forumite! first order of business will be to get hold of stuff that is only available in vinyl. one of which will certainly be that live record!
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

another lineup announcement, not blown away. it's solid and gives a bit of substance to the undercard but it's some of the same old names.
Gnod will do their electronic thing and Telescopes probably won't play any actual tunes :)

Sunwatchers is a stand out for me, their album is cracking.

also noticed that Songhoy Blues are identified as the other headliner which is a bit disappointing. I watched a bit of them online and fair to say they are not my bag at all. sounds like something for the Glastonbury world music stage.

oh and Chris Forsyth seems to have disappeared from the lineup which is a bit crap.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Endless Boogie :D :D :D :D :D

Curious to see WITCH and Trad Gras Och Stenar. The Bug vs Dylan Carlson should also be interesting.

Where does it say that Gnod are playing an electronic set?
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Gnod will do their electronic thing and Telescopes probably won't play any actual tunes :)

Tbh I`ve never seen Gnod and the most recent is pretty angry guitar music, actually been playing it a fair bit so will be good to see them, Trad Gas Och Stenar is a bit of a surprise, never saw that coming, Jane Weaver and Endless Boogie will be on my must see list, the Castle Face Records showcase should provide some thrills, just a shame it doesn`t actually include Thee Oh Sees!! The Bug v Dylan Carlson looks interesting I think. The under card as usual provides plenty new music to check out between now and then so yeah, quite happy with what I see so far.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

that was just me surmising that Gnod would be more electronic! I thought that was the general thing they are going for lately. they played a gig near me recently and it was part of an electronic festival.

I'm also curious on The Bug & Dylan Carlson (they played Supersonic last time I went, unfortunately I didn't get to catch them, but did see Dylan Carlson walking round resplendent in a white suit!) and Trad Gas Och Stenar. it's just that nothing here is really making my mouth watering. still enough to be getting on with though.
Martin L
Known user

Post by Martin L »

Gnod have all ways been a sonic assault to me....Liverpool, Salford & Eindhoven all a ways different line up to the collective and damn loud
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

I knew a fair bit of this after chatting to Tom last week (organiser for LPF), he confirmed Thee Oh Sees despite being super expensive, were booked but then they had a US tour booked so bailed out. He also confirmed he had tried to get Bardo Pond but they are a nightmare to tie down.
Endless Boogie are amazing live so that will be a treat. I'm looking forward to it as there is so much new stuff for me to investigate prior, so the unknown usually brings some new sonic treats
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Thee Oh Sees and Bardo Pond really would've raised the lineup into another level. there's always next year I guess!
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

I must admit, like the first announcement, I wasn't exactly blown away. But, like Aquarian Time has pointed out, its always nice to find a gem or two on the undercard. Overall all its a mixed bag for me but still very much looking forward to it. I guess there was always going to be some of the same old names what with it being a very niche "scene". Really looking forward to hopefully seeing Endless Boogie, Loop, Black Angels, Zofff, White Manna, JuJu, Gulp plus a good few more so its actually not that bad when you come to think of it :wink:
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

been checking out some of the unknown bands lower down the bill and getting a bit more excited now. there's the usual swathes of the shoegaze and krautrock formulas but I really liked:

Ancient Ocean- very nice atmospheric drone, will be a good chill out set methinks
Celestial Bums- again quite chilled but epic sounding
Trad Gras Och Stenar- trippy proggy jams, I can hear echoes of Amon Duul or Can here, I also noticed that Reine from Dungen is currently playing with them which is a massive plus for me

listened to some The Bug vs Dylan Carlson, not sure what I thought about that. might be better feeling the volume and the bass in the flesh. apparently the guy from The Bug worked with Pete Kember in EAR.

any other pointers welcome!
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

angelsighs wrote:been checking out some of the unknown bands lower down the bill and getting a bit more excited now. there's the usual swathes of the shoegaze and krautrock formulas but I really liked:

Ancient Ocean- very nice atmospheric drone, will be a good chill out set methinks
Celestial Bums- again quite chilled but epic sounding
Trad Gras Och Stenar- trippy proggy jams, I can hear echoes of Amon Duul or Can here, I also noticed that Reine from Dungen is currently playing with them which is a massive plus for me

listened to some The Bug vs Dylan Carlson, not sure what I thought about that. might be better feeling the volume and the bass in the flesh. apparently the guy from The Bug worked with Pete Kember in EAR.

any other pointers welcome!
Been enjoying the Celestial Bums album since earlier this yr, looking forward to seeing them as well,
Martin L
Known user

Post by Martin L »

Im loving the new Jane Weaver album and have zone out a few times listening to Bitchin Bajas,
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Both Sunwatchers and Chris Forsyth are no longer playing this which is a bit of a kick in the balls for me. Two of the bands I most wanted to see
Martin L
Known user

Post by Martin L »

Chris Forsyth & The Solar Motel Band and Warm Digits are now supporting Liverpool Psych Fest presents: POND
The Invisible Wind Factory, Liverpool. Saturday, 26 Aug 2017.....

I think the promoters are trying to cash in on a bigger name and venue?
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Martin L wrote:Chris Forsyth & The Solar Motel Band and Warm Digits are now supporting Liverpool Psych Fest presents: POND
The Invisible Wind Factory, Liverpool. Saturday, 26 Aug 2017.....

I think the promoters are trying to cash in on a bigger name and venue?
Probably a bit harsh to call it a cash in but I would much rather those acts were playing the main fest!

They've announced all the extra curricular stuff today- films, talks etc. Olan you will be thrilled to hear the 'pzyk colony' experience is back with the wonderful net curtains :)
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

angelsighs wrote: They've announced all the extra curricular stuff today- films, talks etc. Olan you will be thrilled to hear the 'pzyk colony' experience is back with the wonderful net curtains :)
:(
I shall put fuel in my zippo in anticipation. That really was bollocks last year.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

olan wrote:
angelsighs wrote: They've announced all the extra curricular stuff today- films, talks etc. Olan you will be thrilled to hear the 'pzyk colony' experience is back with the wonderful net curtains :)
I shall put fuel in my zippo in anticipation. That really was bollocks last year.
yeah that was pretty naff and cheap looking. they are also talking about some kind of AV experience on the other main stage hope it's not similarly naff.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

angelsighs wrote:
olan wrote:
yeah that was pretty naff and cheap looking. they are also talking about some kind of AV experience on the other main stage hope it's not similarly naff.
Hopefully they remember to turn on the feckin' PA when they roll out the net curtains. We listened to the first chunk of Silver Apples through the foldback and there were problems with the subs in the early part of the Cavern of Anti-Matter set the next night.

At least they'll have the beer tokens again this year. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE thought they were a great idea :x and really, really economical and especially convenient :roll:
Martin L
Known user

Post by Martin L »

I hope the bar staff forget to the man the bars selling cans only again so I can get my value for money out of the tokens!
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

What an achievement - fellow Estonians are also on the bill, playing on Saturday. Eeter.
http://www.liverpoolpsychfest.com/bands/eeter/
(Not a very warm day to do the photo session.)
Martin L
Known user

Post by Martin L »

Stage times and running orders released today.
Martin L
Known user

Post by Martin L »

Stage times and running orders released today.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Thanks.
A quick look throws up Loop clashing with Gnod and White Manna with Pigsx7 :evil: Also disappointed that a lot of the stuff I was interested in appears to be on after midnight :roll:
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

sunray wrote:Thanks.
A quick look throws up Loop clashing with Gnod and White Manna with Pigsx7 :evil: Also disappointed that a lot of the stuff I was interested in appears to be on after midnight :roll:
Yeah but Joycey, I thought you're the staying-up-late member amongst our rather lightweight posse! :lol: :wink:
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Shinesalight wrote:
Yeah but Joycey, I thought you're the staying-up-late member amongst our rather lightweight posse! :lol: :wink:
That's probably fair to say
I might be doing my best to stay the course too along with Joycey as I'm fairly keen to see Dylan Carlson vs The Bug. (I reserve the right to change my mind at any point!)

Friday is a bit clashy for me whereas Saturday is smooth as anything and I can almost see bands right the way through.

Gnod vs Loop is a bit of a bugger. Surely two bands that aren't hugely dissimilar in terms of fanbase.
Martin L
Known user

Post by Martin L »

This may be of use for everyone

Liverpool International Festival of Psychedelia 2017 Clashfinder

https://clashfinder.com/s/liverpoolpsych2017/
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Some cats go out in the day time Joycey, your obviously night time cat 8)
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

niamhm wrote:
Some cats go out in the day time Joycey, your obviously night time cat 8)
All day and all of the night baby!
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Tried quotes but didn't work so a Copy and Paste job of AquarianTimes's post from other thread:

Didn't see APTBS so cannot comment. Agree with Olan the line up was quite ordinary but its more of a social thing these days and great to catch up with some good people who I can happily called friends. Thanks always as ever to Olan for his hospitality. We are all of the opinion this festival may not happen next year, just seemed quieter and a lot of streamlining of facilities had gone on. Food outlets 50% down, beer running out and not being replaced on day 2, and the line up was division 2 at best in some cases. That said was nice just not be at work or home !
Acts I enjoyed were Is Bliss( shoegazey type early 90's), Proper Ornaments (a heavier teenage fanclub), Telescopes ( i think i liked it), Loop (very loud and very good), Zoff (outstanding), Black Angels (solid, weedy sound), Wolf people (great prog Psych jams), Endless Boogie (2 tunes 1 hr, job done), Julia's Haircut (cant pin this down but enjoyable). Maybe there was more I cant recall.

Would agree with above really. Fourth psych fest for me and the least enjoyable. Great laughs and chat as usual but definite feel of budget cuts and lack of top quality acts. Dreadful merch once again, what few t-shirts there were had the shittest designs imaginable. Message to psych bands: Sack your fucking designers! :evil:
Oddly Friday was better than Saturday; Endless Boogie ; gotta love a band who walk out on stage and announce "We're Endless Boogie from New York, we might have time for one more" :lol: 8) . Loop were great (Collision was magnificently vicious) but a very weird, antsy vibe in the crowd and Robert Hampson did not seem happy with the set up. Julie's Haircut were the perfect band at the perfect time, great groove. Plus the sax player looked like my other half which probably clouded my judgement!
Saturday highlights were Proper Ornaments, who were new to me and Rancho Relaxo (BJM with added keyboards). Zofff were good but I was struggling with the stuffiness of that room. The Black Angels were a massive disappointment, fifth time seeing them and I left halfway through their set as they didn't seemed bothered so i figured "Fuck it, neither am i". Skipped APTBS as i had seen them four times before and still can't figure out if I actually like them or not, yes they make a racket but the gloomy 80s thing underpinning a lot of their material sounds a bit naff to my ears.
Cheers to Olan for his hospitality and the recommendation of Albert Dock on Sunday, good call. Once again failed to locate Probe though :roll: :oops:
Mary Chain on Thursday night the best of the lot :D 8)
artparrot
New user

Post by artparrot »

A festival of two halves for me. I think I had one of the best runs of music on the Friday I've had in 4 years*, but even though the Friday is always quite a bit quieter, this year it seemed pretty dead by 1/half 1 and we decided to call it a day.

Come Saturday, it got a lot busier but music-wise there was a lot less on the bill that I was interested in and my day peaked with Jane Weaver & Holydrug Couple and just never quite picked up again for the rest of the evening. Also saw Proper Ornaments, White Manna, WITCH & Krautwerk amongst others but none of them really grabbed me.

I'll echo the sentients of those above that it's still the no. 1 weekend of the year for me and 98% of whoever you end up chatting to are always top people. Met quite a few people who were there for the first time and really enjoying themselves, so I'm quietly confident it'll be back again in 2018 and if so I'll be along with them, but they need to have a good hard look at what they're doing. All that "This Festival Will Destroy You" stuff can shit right off I'm afraid, whoever came up with that as a concept needs canning.

*Letitia Sadier > Aquaserge > Endless Boogie > Omni > Songhoy Blues > Mark McGuire (if anyones still interested)
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Just wrote a lengthy review of this weekend when submitting I was then logged out and post vanished :shock: Can`t be bothered re doing it, I will say the points made by others were all valid, highlights musically for me were Magnetrix, Endless Boogie,JuJu, Loop and The Bug vs Dylan Carlson on the Friday and Celestial Bums, Pigs x7 Jane Weaver on the Saturday.

A Youtube link I put in a Spectrum thread on the Spacemen 3 section had vanished as well when I looked back, had to edit it in again, gremlins come out to play? :twisted:
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

The two clear highlights for me were loud and noisy. Loop were intense and pummelling, possibly fuelled by Robert's grumpy mood. As said elsewhere APTBS truly laid waste to the main stage. Sunray, I can understand where you are coming from. you can definitely hear an undertow of some kind of 80s indie or goth under there. in fact, thinking about it they are not really psychedelic at all are they? more gothy NYC noise rock. but they were excellent I thought.

The rest of the bands I saw break down like this:

Good:
Trad Gras Och Stenar (proggy old school jams. will definitely be investigating these more)
Endless Boogie (a Ronseal band if ever there was one!)
Zofff (so cool seeing some droney improv unfold this close up on the small stage)
Proper Ornaments
Wolf People

Okay:
The Black Angels (solid, nothing more)
The Telescopes (I like the noise they make, but there's never a moment where it all seems to *click*)
Is Bliss (nothing original but enjoyable)
Dead Vibrations (ditto)
Julie's Haircut

Not good:
The Holydrug Couple (just the two of them, really clunky)
White Manna (a man down and sounding ragged trying to paper over the cracks. shame as their previous set was a highlight for me)
Laetitia Sadier (pretty underwhelming and limp stuff)

I can understand if people felt underwhelmed by the lineup a bit, I was especially gutted when two of the bands I most wanted to see pulled out which meant it did step down a level for me.
However I think it's important to remember that everyone has a different experience. Some of the clashes were unfortunate, also with so many musical options on offer who's to say that if we had wandered to a different stage we wouldn't have found something to blow us away.

Lack of food options was crap though. took me 20 mins to get a pizza.
The outside area didn't seem to have the same buzz as before.

There'll surely be a time when the bubble bursts and they've gone through all the psych bands that could prop up a festival lineup. but I don't think we are *quite* at that stage yet
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

oh and KFJC broadcast some of the sets, can check some of them out here

http://kfjc.org/events/liverpool2017/
BROKENHEART
Known user

Post by BROKENHEART »

Only my second visit to this one. A noticeable (as said in previous posts) lack of choice of foods and beer . Being an ale drinker there wasn't a lot of choice ( maybe spoilt at Green Man festival), Sailor Jerrys came to the rescue later in the day .
I searched for a merchant stand to no avail, anyone find one ? . With the gripes out of the way I enjoyed the bands I saw and had a great weekend.
Kicking off the festival were Is Bliss, just back from a mini tour of Europe. Lots of influences, most noticeably Spzd , Spacemen3 and The Verve . A good bunch of lads after chatting with them over the weekend. Other bands i enjoyed were } Magic shoppe, The Telescopes, Endless Boogie, Trad Gras Och Stenar, Sat } Dead Vibrations, Weirds, Hurricane Heart Attacks, Zoff, Wolf People, APTBS ( probably my pick of the weekend, lots of noise, action and guitar smashing !) .
Early doors for me both nights , so I didn't see any of the headliners or late sets .
For me it's the buzz of listening to the unexpected and of course being amongst a group of like minded and friendly people.