Angers Levitation Festival 22.9.18

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

Jasonsmith
Known user

Angers Levitation Festival 22.9.18

Post by Jasonsmith »

Will post a report after the show, they are scheduled to play for 90 minutes, but some bands ran over their slot yesterday and no one seemed to mind 😄
Because I have a really crap phone and the camera pics are too large to upload, I'll be tweeting stuff (hopefully this works)
https://twitter.com/jasonsm22229880/sta ... 28736?s=21
Jasonsmith
Known user

Re: Angers Levitation Festival 22.9.18

Post by Jasonsmith »

Just over an hour to showtime
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

How was it?
http://www.soundcloud.com/haarlemriots
Jasonsmith
Known user

Post by Jasonsmith »

Same set as London (minus Stay with me :( ) up until Sail on Through, great to hear the (new) new material interpreted live, Doggen, Jason and a new (for me) guy on rhythm guitar, new keyboard player, James Stellfox on bass, Kev on drums and two backing singers (who were excellent). Chatted to the new keyboard player afterwards who was excited to be doing his second gig and explained that they drove through the night and didn't get to sound check and was looking forward to Paris (as am I).
One small downer was that Jason didn't get around to okaying the beautiful Spiritualized Levitation event poster, but apparently they should be on sale via the website once it all gets sorted out. It did give me a chance to get to know the wonderfully helpful and friendly Emilie at the Levitation merchandise stall though 😀
The crowd thinned out a bit towards the end of the gig (which is weird because the guy preceding SPZ on the main stage was a bit like a French electro Gilbert O'Sullivan and they were mad for him), other highlights of the other bands were Prettiest Eyes and Juniore). Was pretty underwhelmed by BJM, an American guy I met last night echoed my thoughts when he said he didn't need to hear one and a half hours of them playing the same song...and the guy with the maracas and tambourine who stands around looking bored, man, what's his role? At least Bez used to dance around a bit...
Pat Garrett
Known user

Post by Pat Garrett »

Levitation posters available here for pre-order:

https://shop.levitation-austin.com/coll ... mon-berndt
Venkman
Known user

Post by Venkman »

Jasonsmith wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:47 amOne small downer was that Jason didn't get around to okaying the beautiful Spiritualized Levitation event poster, but apparently they should be on sale via the website once it all gets sorted out. It did give me a chance to get to know the wonderfully helpful and friendly Emilie at the Levitation merchandise stall though 😀
I was at this gig and spent a ridiculous amount of time asking Emilie if the posters had been okayed yet. :lol: Was most annoying having them sat there and not for sale, even more annoying having to get one shipped from the US afterwards.

Went in 2019 too, and hoping to go this year and see Mr Kember if the French will let me into the country.