Spiritualized - Orpheum LA 10/16/18

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

toomilk
Known user

Spiritualized - Orpheum LA 10/16/18

Post by toomilk »

Did anyone else go to this show?

It was absolutely incredible visually and sonically. Same setlist as all the other shows on this tour (including "Out of Sight"). 32 people on stage. Sound was amazing. Definitely in the top 5 Spiritualized shows I've seen. The new songs sounded perfect.

If anyone follows me on Instagram (@tunabearman), I posted clips of almost every song in the set.
toomilk
Known user

Re: Spiritualized - Orpheum LA 10/16/18

Post by toomilk »

Review someone posted on the NY gig thread: https://music.mxdwn.com/2018/10/17/revi ... e-orpheum/
ericdbn
Known user

Post by ericdbn »

I traveled from Chicago to see the show Tuesday night. The performance was transcendent. The new songs were taken to another level. So glad I made the trip. Hope someone recorded either this or the Brooklyn show.
Vancouver
Known user

Post by Vancouver »

There's a recording of this up on Dime. It's substantially better than the recording from London (no offense! Love all tapers...just saying).
Billy Whizz
Known user

Post by Billy Whizz »

Vancouver wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:53 pm There's a recording of this up on Dime. It's substantially better than the recording from London (no offense! Love all tapers...just saying).
Got a link?
REVOLUTION * PURITY * LOVE * SUICIDE * ACCURACY
good dope/good fun
Known user

Post by good dope/good fun »

Vancouver wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:53 pm There's a recording of this up on Dime. It's substantially better than the recording from London (no offense! Love all tapers...just saying).
Ed Davis (taper) has been taping Spiritualized shows in California for the past 20 years.
His recordings are always quality.
Vancouver
Known user

Post by Vancouver »

Billy Whizz wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:04 pm
Got a link?
Sorry...it's a private tracker. I am SURE it will turn up elsewhere pretty soon, however.
Vancouver
Known user

Post by Vancouver »

good dope/good fun wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:20 pm
Ed Davis (taper) has been taping Spiritualized shows in California for the past 20 years.
His recordings are always quality.
I probably have a few others of his then. I haven't had a chance to dive into this one, just a quick preview, but it sounds great.
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

Vancouver wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:56 am
Billy Whizz wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:04 pm
Got a link?
Sorry...it's a private tracker. I am SURE it will turn up elsewhere pretty soon, however.
I had to re-register with Dime a few weeks ago, although weirdly they allowed me to use exactly the same details as before. Now I'm back to New User status and can't get the usual email response to upgrade my account.

I appreciate Dime and all their good work, but they really make some things hard even for us who are always more than generous with our seeding ratio.

[Edit] Working now...their wiki is actually pretty good at problem solving!
Last edited by mojo filters on Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm like Evel Knievel, I get paid for the attempt. I didn't promise this shit would be good!
Dave Chappelle
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

This post does not exist.
Last edited by mojo filters on Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm like Evel Knievel, I get paid for the attempt. I didn't promise this shit would be good!
Dave Chappelle
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

mojo filters wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:07 pm Ignore the post above!

Got my Dime status restored thankfully. Am downloading this one now, doing well with 9/26 seeds.

I notice a few other Spiritualized gigs there. Can't recall if I've got any of them stashed away somewhere or not, but if folks can recommend the best quality (and healthy) torrents - I'll grab one or two extra, and of course leave them up to seed for others.
How does one get their Dime status restored?

Asking for a friend of course.
O P 8
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

Email the mods at:

dimemods-AT-dimeadozen.org

Make sure to include both your user name, plus to send the request from the same email account you registered with. I once had a nightmare over Gmail becoming Googlemail and not realising...
Last edited by mojo filters on Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Chappelle
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Thank you!
O P 8
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

BzaInSpace wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:26 pmThank you!
More than welcome!

When your...err...friend finds their way over there, if they see any other Spz boots worth getting - could you relay the message? Also I liked the sound of the two festival sets, but don't really want the full video files, as I'd prefer just the audio - but I guess I can sort that issue out myself.
Dave Chappelle
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

Nothing to read here. Please progress in an orderly fashion to the next post.
Last edited by mojo filters on Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Chappelle
Billy Whizz
Known user

Post by Billy Whizz »

mojo filters wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:14 pm
BzaInSpace wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:55 pm Please just send on a link when you can.

Set up an entirely new account, and willing to upload for a long time if necessary. Nothing works unfortunately.
Dime doesn't do Magnet links, so this is my attempt to copy & paste the regular torrent file I used to open Vuze on my laptop:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/download.php/ ... es.torrent

Hope it works, haven't used a link like this for a while so not sure it'll automatically fire up your torrent client.

I can't test it as my laptop shit the bed with the blue screen of death, so have just logged into my Dime account on my phone. Am using Chrome vs Firefox here, so may not work/translate correctly.

Also am worried I'm violating a bazillion things in Dime's terms of service or whatever, so can you let me know if this link works or not, then I can delete any incriminating evidence?

If it doesn't work, I'll see if I've got space on a file share account and put it up here. Would prefer to leave that up to the original taper, as don't want to be the one who ruins his good work - putting it out there for people to share via lossy formats, and all that bad boot etiquette!
No, it's asking for login details.
REVOLUTION * PURITY * LOVE * SUICIDE * ACCURACY
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

Bollocks! Do you think it's the Dime site itself, or related to my attempting to do this quick & dirty via my phone?
Dave Chappelle
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

It's the Dime site itself. The bastards...
O P 8
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Nevermind.

Listening to 'Let's Dance' as loud as I can.
O P 8
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

"If it doesn't work, I'll see if I've got space on a file share account and put it up here. Would prefer to leave that up to the original taper, as don't want to be the one who ruins his good work - putting it out there for people to share via lossy formats, and all that bad boot etiquette!"

Who said it would be shared in lossy formats? I've spent most of the afternoon uploading a 2004 show in pure WAV format... in other words exactly the digitial source from the original recording.
O P 8
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

Keep going...
Last edited by mojo filters on Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Chappelle
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

BzaInSpace wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:52 pm "If it doesn't work, I'll see if I've got space on a file share account and put it up here. Would prefer to leave that up to the original taper, as don't want to be the one who ruins his good work - putting it out there for people to share via lossy formats, and all that bad boot etiquette!"

Who said it would be shared in lossy formats? I've spent most of the afternoon uploading a 2004 show in pure WAV format... in other words exactly the digitial source from the original recording.
Apologies for any implied brusque impertinence! I've already sourced a few gigs before my sorry old semi-silver Sony Mac-wannabe laptop shit the bed. My comment was inartfully mis directed / taken - your kind and good work is appreciated.

Just wanted to correct the record, as probably best if I lose those posts above - once you get things sorted.

Apologies again for any offence I mistakenly caused via attempting to address more than one issue in a single post!

Thanks + best wishes...
Dave Chappelle
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

All is good sir.

Thanks sincerely for your help...

O P 8
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

BzaInSpace wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:15 pm All is good sir.

Thanks sincerely for your help...

Thanks for the beautiful photo!

That is all.
Dave Chappelle
mywhitenoise
Known user

Post by mywhitenoise »

I spoke to Jason after the last West Coast show (going by the bands words, Coachella doesn't count!), apparently he doesn't remember And Nothing Hurt being performed with an orchestra and choir! So I'm posting this set for posterity. I've been hanging onto these videos for a long time.

SpEnCeR1
Known user

Post by SpEnCeR1 »

mywhitenoise wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:33 am I spoke to Jason after the last West Coast show (going by the bands words, Coachella doesn't count!), apparently he doesn't remember And Nothing Hurt being performed with an orchestra and choir! So I'm posting this set for posterity. I've been hanging onto these videos for a long time.

Awesome! thank you for posting