Atlanta 2019

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

rbuk20
Known user

Atlanta 2019

Post by rbuk20 »

The Atlanta show was strong. The band and Jason seemed to be hitting on all cylinders. The light show and projections were fantastic. Spoke to Doggen after the show and said they would probably change up the set list for future shows but didn’t know when. Jason said he’ll have to play 10 more shows on this tour to break even from the big orchestra concerts. The band was very gracious with their time. Some of the fans I talked to enjoyed hearing the new album but have liked to have heard more old material. I feel like if you didn’t make the “big” shows last October, then you would be very satisfied with this set list.

I was thrilled getting to meet the entire band and get the to sign the set list for me. Jason was even nice enough to take pictures with the handful of fans that waited for them.
dselevan2
Known user

Re: Atlanta 2019

Post by dselevan2 »

Thanks for the review.
I saw them last tour and every tour almost.
The show in LA is at a small venue, and tickets are about $350. Crazy question, but worth it?
I’ve seen them play some majestic shows at small venues, but if it’s the same as last tour, it might not be worth it!
Thank you.
Never_Enough_Records
New user

Post by Never_Enough_Records »

What were they selling in terms of merch? Anything interesting? Shirt with tour dates? Seeing them in NYC and very excited. Thanks!
rbuk20
Known user

Post by rbuk20 »

Terminal West is small a little over 600 people venue. After seeing them last year in New York and in Atlanta do the exact same set list it made my decision to sell my tickets to Boston easier. $350 is a lot of money, especially without a full orchestra/choir. That being said, I’d love to go see a show at the Troubadour.

They are selling the same two shirts as the October shows (Morse Orange and the portrait white from the website) but at $30 instead of $40. Sure glad I bought one for the higher price since sounds like Jason could use the coin.

Also selling the silver tote bag (can’t remember the price price) and the new LP signed by Jason for $50.00, non-signed for $20.
rbuk20
Known user

Post by rbuk20 »

Never_Enough_Records wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:48 pm What were they selling in terms of merch? Anything interesting? Shirt with tour dates? Seeing them in NYC and very excited. Thanks!
No tour specific merch, unless you count the autograph LP. I keep hoping for something besides the same items on the website.
dselevan2
Known user

Post by dselevan2 »

rbuk20 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:12 am Terminal West is small a little over 600 people venue. After seeing them last year in New York and in Atlanta do the exact same set list it made my decision to sell my tickets to Boston easier. $350 is a lot of money, especially without a full orchestra/choir. That being said, I’d love to go see a show at the Troubadour.
Thank you!! This makes it a lot easier. I’ll just wait and if I really feel up to seeing a show, try to find a ticket for <300. I would say I’ve had experiences seeing spiritualized that were worth $300, but if it’s the same show I already saw, maybe not. I felt the show last year was perfectly suited for having cheap seats in the back of a beautiful theater! Just take in the lights and sounds and relax. I much prefer to see them in a small venue when they are doing their “noise”/“experimental” thing if that makes sense? They are really good at filling a small space with a lot of sound but I don’t know if those songs were suited for that. Anyway, it was perfect where I saw them. I almost cried a couple times when the choir came in!
demonimator3
New user

Post by demonimator3 »

I was at the Atlanta show. Broken Heart, On the Sunshine, The Morning After, and So Long You Pretty Thing were absolutely mind blowing. Out of Sight was listed in the encore but not played, which made me very upset at the moment but oh well - I am traveling to Denver to see them again. I see, according to setlist.fm, "She Kissed Me (It Felt Like a Hit)" already has made its way into the early part of the set, in the Dallas show, which is cool. Honestly it's a great set, even if 3 or 4 of the new songs are a bit underwhelming live, such as "Here It Comes," "Damaged," and "The Prize."

Thing about the Atlanta show is Terminal West is absolutely phenomenal. The show they did in 2015 with the temporary alternate rhythm section was the greatest concert I've ever attended. And this set was definitely the 2nd best Spiritualized show of the many I've seen since Pitchfork 2008, which was my first time. The sound in Terminal West is the very best I have ever heard anywhere. The harmonica on "Broken Heart" was astounding. Chills.
worriedshoes
New user

Post by worriedshoes »

This is a long shot I know but prior to the band coming out they played a Neu song and prior to the Neu song there was some other song I couldn’t place that I can’t stop thinking about. It had a kind of Evie Sands Any Way That You Want Me vibe to it. Anyone know what it was?