Real Complete Works lost

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

elkar76
New user

Real Complete Works lost

Post by elkar76 »

Hello! I've been a Spiritualized fan since last century:D . Long ago I was able to access The Real Complete Works Volume 3,4,8,9 and 12. They are wonderful !! Are available 5,6,7,10,11,13 ..?
Thank you very much and sorry for the inconvenience
Dreamweapon
Known user

Re: Real Complete Works lost

Post by Dreamweapon »

I can only help with these:

Disc 5
https://www.sendspace.com/file/738446

Disc 6
https://www.sendspace.com/file/bdxqcx

Disc 7
https://www.sendspace.com/file/8ieold

My Disc 8 is only in very low bitrate, so I'd also like that too, my Disc 9 is mixed bitrate with some low, as is my Disc 12. Don't know what happened to 10 and 11, although something was planned, and don't know if there was enough for a Disc 13.....
kburd72
Known user

Post by kburd72 »

Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Let me find what I have and I'll Dropbox them...
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

The Real Complete Works

Volumes 1-9 + 12 and a half done 10. uploading now, so i'd give it an hour and they should all be ready.

I think i did covers for 10 and 12 but don't have them to hand other than those included. Will keep looking for them.

Any probs, let me know.
elkar76
New user

Post by elkar76 »

First of all, I would like to thank you all for the shared files. In these difficult days, Spiritualized has sounded many hours at home :D 8) . One question, did volume 11 exist? Thank you very much for your work!
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Just checked my files again and found Vols 8-11 (i renumbered them - 12 became 11) including the covers i made for them. I'll replace Vol 8-11 in the dropbox link above so you can grab them.

Enjoy!
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

And i've added a new "covers" ZIP file with just the sleeves i made if you just need them.
elkar76
New user

Post by elkar76 »

I didn't know you were the author of these volumes :shock: :shock: :shock: . It is an excellent idea and a job to be appreciated !! Now I have finally got the full 11 volumes, and I hope there will be more over time :D :D
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

elkar76 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:39 pm I didn't know you were the author of these volumes :shock: :shock: :shock: . It is an excellent idea and a job to be appreciated !! Now I have finally got the full 11 volumes, and I hope there will be more over time :D :D
I wasnt the original compiler of these but did make the covers included in this set, purely for my own amusement. When people showed an interest in them, I shared them out. 🙂
Dreamweapon
Known user

Post by Dreamweapon »

It’s great that this thread is going again. It’s also great that Vols 1-7 are all high bitrate, although as this isn’t the case later on, I wanted to see what I can get at to help beef up the quality.

Unfortunately all my vinyl and CD is not accessible, so I only have my music digitally at the moment and am therefore unable to rip stuff to help with this.

I’ve tried looking through everything I have and can’t find any files with a higher quality to help with Volumes 8 and 9. Vol 10 is already either 256 or 320 so hat’s great too. There isn’t a Vol 11 (why did we go straight to Vol 12?), and Vol 12 is also mixed. I’ve looked to se what I can do to help here, but sorry….

I’m also curious how you got the artwork to separate out to assign to the tracks – sorry of that’s not put very well – I mean the sleeve art that you designed in CW 01 etc shows the front and back as one image, yet the artwork embedded in the tracks is just the front one (really cool). How did you separate front and back….?

Do we have enough for Vol 13 – material from ANH is still fairly thin on the ground in terms of anything else emerging other than the album…
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

I’m also curious how you got the artwork to separate out to assign to the tracks – sorry of that’s not put very well – I mean the sleeve art that you designed in CW 01 etc shows the front and back as one image, yet the artwork embedded in the tracks is just the front one (really cool). How did you separate front and back….?
For the covers I used a cd cover designer app; just a wee daft app that allowed me to drop the images in (just used a negative image of the front image for the back) before placing the tracklisting over the top. Once done, I cropped the main cover and embedded it in the MP3s themselves using an app called MP3Tag (I think) which gives the MP3 its own artwork. Nothing fancy; just me dicking about while bored at work 🙂
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

I hinted years ago that perhaps radio sessions also could be added to the complete works, maybe even some good radio interviews. Nobody was against this, at least no bad comments were written. I even started to go through my archive and i guess if it really is a good point adding those kind of sessions, then most certainly it will not be one disc only! One thing that i remember was that, when i suggested this, then at that moment 10 discs were done. I might still have to sit home for some little time and i might use that time for scrapping every session together and then see how much material it is altogether and have a critical ear IF it is a good idea at all.
If people have comments about this, then lets hear them here and now.
Jasonsmith
Known user

Post by Jasonsmith »

jr_pharmacist
Known user

Post by jr_pharmacist »

Jasonsmith wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:43 am This would be a disc on its own :-) https://www.discogs.com/Spiritualized-L ... se/1038045
What is this? I don’t think I’ve ever seen it before.
elkar76
New user

Post by elkar76 »

Hello again!
It seems interesting to me to continue with the Real Complete Works. I do not know who will do them, nor that the songs can be included and which is not possible. I find it interesting that they contain radio sessions or good interviews. It is true that there is little ANH material, but I think the previous complete volumes do not contain lives of SHSL or Songs in A&E for example. Also, there are collaborations like these that can gather enough material for another volume. Do we think it is possible to make another volume? :D Cheers
Föllakzoid London Sessions Tracklist:
01. Electric
02. Earth
“This house has no living room” Yak
“Misha” J Spaceman & Kid Millions
“Han” J Spaceman & Kid Millions
“New York” J Spaceman & Kid Millions
“London” J Spaceman & Kid Millions