Trade Vids

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

OffMySoul92
New user

Trade Vids

Post by OffMySoul92 »

Hey everyone, this past year has been my introduction into the world of J Spaceman and I simply am blown away. I don't know how this incredible catalogue of music has passed me by my whole life but needless to say I'm converted for the rest of it. Anyways I was wondering if anyone was interested in swapping video boots as there's simply not enough video of 90's gigs readily available out there. I have a VHS of the Chicago Metro show '97 that I could either upload or happy to send in the mail as I've converted it to DVD and digital. Camera work and video quality are great for VHS, audio is clean too. VHS is perfect shape. I'd love to get my hands on the '98 Albert Hall promo or something in the '92-'98 era. Figured this would be the best place to ask, apologies if I'm off base. Cheers all.
Last edited by OffMySoul92 on Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ian
Known user

Re: Trade Vids

Post by Ian »

You can watch the Royal Albert Hall promo video on YouTube - it's taken directly from my original copy, so it's about as good as you can get quality wise.

I have a passion sweet Lord...
http://www.spacemen3.co.uk
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Brilliant Ian! Thanks for that :D
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

OffMySoul92 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:47 pm Hey everyone, this past year has been my introduction into the world of J Spaceman and I simply am blown away. I don't know how this incredible catalogue of music has passed me by my whole life but needless to say I'm converted for the rest of it. Anyways I was wondering if anyone was interested in swapping video boots as there's simply not enough video of 90's gigs readily available out there. I have a VHS of the Chicago Metro show '97 that I could either upload or happy to send in the mail as I've converted it to DVD and digital. Camera work and video quality are great for VHS, audio is clean too. VHS is perfect shape. I'd love to get my hands on the '98 Albert Hall promo or something in the '92-'98 era. Figured this would be the best place to ask, apologies if I'm off base. Cheers all.
Welcome! :) Not sure you're going to find anything that isn't already out there i'm afraid.
Feel free to share that Chicago Metro show though. I don't recall seeing any footage of the original L&G '97 tour, only shows from '98, so your upload would be most welcome :D 8)

Thanks for that Ian, i've never seen that promo before and often wondered what exactly was on it. Did any of those gigs Jason mentions (Cathedrals with different arrangements, Norway gig with Northern Lights) ever actually happen?
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

I believe that promo is from the Electricity/Come Together DVD. It's a special feature that is billed on the cover as "The Making of Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space!"
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

sunray wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:07 pm Did any of those gigs Jason mentions (Cathedrals with different arrangements, Norway gig with Northern Lights) ever actually happen?
I'm almost certain there was a gig under the Northern Lights many years later (probably more recent to now than then) and i suppose the Acoustic Mainlines tour could fall under the "Cathedrals with different arrangements" category. They played a beautiful venue (Queens Hall?) in Edinburgh a number of years ago on the AM tour which was perfect for the band's sound that night. I'm sure there were others too.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

toomilk wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:34 am I believe that promo is from the Electricity/Come Together DVD. It's a special feature that is billed on the cover as "The Making of Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space!"
I have that! I must dig it out and see.
Laz69 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:31 am I'm almost certain there was a gig under the Northern Lights many years later (probably more recent to now than then) and i suppose the Acoustic Mainlines tour could fall under the "Cathedrals with different arrangements" category. They played a beautiful venue (Queens Hall?) in Edinburgh a number of years ago on the AM tour which was perfect for the band's sound that night. I'm sure there were others too.
I'd heard talk of an Arctic Circle gig but never knew if it ever actually happened. Spiritualized & the Aurora would've been cool! :D
Yeah i was thinking the 'Cathedrals...' probably ended up as Acoustic Mainlines, was hoping there might have been a full electric band with different arrangements that i was unaware of.
ABOCA
Known user

Post by ABOCA »

Spiritualized under the Northern Lights
---------------------------------------
Spiritualized front man Jason Pierce revealed a plan to play under
the Northern Lights in Spetsbergen in Norway in August after their
recent gig at the 105th floor of the World Trade Centre in New York.
Two shows are planned, Jason said. "There's a guy in Norway who's
promoting a show about 500 miles inside the Arctic Circle. The idea
is to go up there for a week and do shows with the Northern Lights
as the backdrop." (Quote from NME)

I do recall this at the time & was trying to find out when it was in order to make the trip up there. I’m sure I read much later that it didn’t go ahead as it just wasn’t feasible, as the freezing temperatures would have caused the guitars to go out of tune or something like that. I thought that the band did do an indoor gig in Trondheim instead though.

As well as the AM show at Queens Hall, there were a couple of shows that fall into the category mentioned, much earlier there, in August 1997 & 1998, as part of the Flux thing for the Edinburgh Festival.
OffMySoul92
New user

Post by OffMySoul92 »

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I finally uploaded the Chicago '97 show to youtube. Hope you enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfhSxWD ... e=youtu.be

It's crazy to me that the full Royal Albert Hall show has never been commercially released or even leaked, considering not only the professionally film crew hired but also what a prominent tour/album/live album Ladies and Gents and Live at Royal Albert were. You would think the label would be pushing for that material to be released. Alas, hopefully some day. If anyone wants to point me to more gig vids not on youtube it's always appreciated, cheers.
good dope/good fun
Known user

Post by good dope/good fun »

Great capture right there.
Thanks for uploading.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

OffMySoul92 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:20 pm Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I finally uploaded the Chicago '97 show to youtube. Hope you enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfhSxWD ... e=youtu.be
Thanks so much for this!
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Thanks for sharing :D

I wish i could travel back in time and attend the PP/L&G/LICD era gigs again as i'd appreciate them far more than i did first time around. Crazy to say it but i came away from all those shows slightly disappointed as, for me personally, i didn't think they matched the LGM period musically or visually. Any other band and i would've thought they were outstanding and raving about them. I was a fool :roll: