Flaming Lips Bubble Concert

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

mschoeffler
New user

Flaming Lips Bubble Concert

Post by mschoeffler »

LIVE MUSIC! With regard to alternative/psych/space rock music, there are not many benefits to living in OKC. One is that FL tend to start/stop tours and do cool shows (NYE/parking lot experiments) here first. Last night was the first of 4 shows this weekend, all in bubbles. This was even better in that I was able to take my 20yr old to her first real concert (she has seen Taylor Swift, for reference). I've grown up with the Lips and have enjoyed both phases of their music, but the last 20yrs of material have lead to really exciting live performances. Between the theatrics, light shows and set lists, the last several shows that I have attended have been some of the most joy-filled musical experiences of my life. This was no exception. Sure the acoustics are off being in a bubble, even with the "treble booster" speaker placed in our bubble. Sure the crowd noise was muted and they needed a bit of ambient noise to keep the energy up. Sure, Wayne's voice cannot pull off the falsetto as well as he used to. BUT, this still was a great live experience; one I really enjoyed sharing with my daughter. These types of shows are not really feasible for a tour, but it was nice to have this as an alternative during these times. Luckily our COVID numbers are going down and most of the high risk folks are vaccinated, so "back to normal" live music cannot be too far away.
Cheers!
diesel_foxxy
Known user

Re: Flaming Lips Bubble Concert

Post by diesel_foxxy »

Very jealous and way to share the lips experience with your daughter. Either you just got a ton more cool dad factor or she thinks you are a complete lunatic! Maybe both. I can’t wait to see them again, SPZ and just about any other music live (probably not Taylor Swift though enough extra stuff can help make any music sounds a little better). :D

Looked like an amazing show, can’t wait to get back to live music.