100+ Spiritualized shows

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

theotherside3
New user

100+ Spiritualized shows

Post by theotherside3 »

100+ Spiritualized shows and more ...

https://mixloads.com/users/theotherside1
Spacemen3-Spiritualized

Code: Select all

https://www.facebook.com/spacemen3spiritualized
Theotherside1 : Alternative - Psychedelic - Spacerock - Krautrock

Code: Select all

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRF4PwvYLyy-7lGvNlDxJqubP2Ab_3Ms6
sunray
Known user

Re: 100+ Spiritualized shows

Post by sunray »

Thank you :D Had a quick glance. Plenty to investigate, and not just Spiritualized. I'll have a proper look later on.
Any idea what the bitrates are in general?
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Spiritualized- Glasgow Pavillion 14-5-1993

I've been listening to this a lot recently. If only it was a better quality recording, soundwise and bitrate (only 128kbps :( )

We get early versions of Good Times and These Blues (the latter falling somewhere between the Spacemen 3 demo and official Pure Phase version). A magnificent Shine A Light/Clear Rush featuring a reprise of Good Times as a segue between the two. Smiles slays as usual (it was always so much better played uptempo rather than the chugger it became in later years).
Finishing with an insane 200 Bars that appears to have backing vocals from Mark and/or Kate at one point as it sets off at high speed. It then breaks down into a section that lies somewhere between The Individual and That's Just Fine, before picking up pace again as we're launched into hyperspace with phasers well and truly set to stun, writing MBV's Wonder 2 before Kevin Shields had even thought of it.

I can only imagine the carnage that was revealed when the house lights came on :lol:

Setlist: Good Times, Take Good Care Of It, Angel Sigh, Medication, Sway, These Blues, Walkin' With Jesus, Shine A Light>Clear Rush, Smiles, 200 Bars.
"You're playing a blinder lads."
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

That sounds very intriguing! Interesting setlist.
Spiritualized setlists seem very set in stone on tour but every now and again (particularly between albums) you get periods where it seems a bit more fluid and they are trying things out
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

Great link, thanks for posting!

As for the Glasgow gig in question, I'm listening to it now. The sound is pretty rough and ready but it's a very, very good concert so far. These Blues in particular is lovely; can't wait for 200 Bars at the end :)
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Will look forward to listening to that Glasgow Pavilion show, was at that with a few friends, part of the old Glasgow Mayfest which ran for a few yrs, the Pavilion is an all seated theatre which is just as well the state we were in :roll: I think they played with about half a dozen strobes going almost continuously, my memory always equated it with the Fucked Up Inside live album but I see a few things I wouldn`t have recalled in a month of Sundays so will look forward to listening to this and checking out some more stuff, many thanks for the link :D
Last edited by niamhm on Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

niamhm wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:57 pm Will look forward to listening to that Glasgow Pavilion show, was at that with a few friends, part of the old Glasgow Mayfest with ran for a few yrs, the Pavilion is an all seated theatre which is just as well the state we were in :roll: I think they played with about half a dozen strobes going almost continuously, my memory always equated it with the Fucked Up Inside live album but I see a few things I wouldn`t have recalled in a month of Sundays so will look forward to listening to this and checking out some more stuff, many thanks for the link :D
:lol: Had a feeling you'd have been at that gig Gary. As mc says, "the sound is pretty rough and ready" but on headphones it's most certainly listenable.

As for the rest of the gigs linked in the original post i think a lot of them are only 128kbps as the folders are quite small. Not wishing to piss on anyone's parade or be an ungrateful prick of course, just sharing information :)
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Just listening to this and must say that`s some f#ckin` harp that`s getting blown on Take Good Care Of It, brilliant, would that be Sean Cook by this time?
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

niamhm wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:37 pm Just listening to this and must say that`s some f#ckin` harp that`s getting blown on Take Good Care Of It, brilliant, would that be Sean Cook by this time?
Yep, that's Sean.