Any new recordings/videos from the recent shows?

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

coleodin
Known user

Any new recordings/videos from the recent shows?

Post by coleodin »

Hey team. Been excited to hear the new vibes but seems like nothing is out there... yet. I've searched Dime and YouTube but to no avail. Gonna see them in SF next week but would love to hear/see the new stuff, especially "Best Thing You Never Had" (aka D Song, which I posted about prior). Overall, it looks like lots of newer material which is fine... Although hearing some of the older classics would be nice. Hoping that one of these days they bring "Don't Just Do Something" back into the fray.... The version from 2001 is all kinds of gloriousness... <3 :D

Thanks!
Vostok
New user

Re: Any new recordings/videos from the recent shows?

Post by Vostok »

This guy has some stuff from the concert in Santa Fe, New Mexico.

https://www.youtube.com/user/sunrawb/videos
coleodin
Known user

Post by coleodin »

RAD! Thanks!
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Forgot all about live shows staring up, cheers for sharing the link, some great clips there. Really looking forward to May now :D
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

:shock:

‘Always together with you’ in Mexico - that clip is astounding!

Me neither niamhm. I owe you a pint or something…
O P 8
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

BzaInSpace wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:56 pm :shock:

Not watched them yet but it looks like the uploader has added another 10 tracks :shock:
Vancouver
Known user

Post by Vancouver »

oh damn thanks for sharing. hope it ends up in a more download friendly environment lol
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

The quality of that one isn't great, I think it was recorded on an i phone, but its an interesting listen
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Watched the Shine A Light clip as that's always the best song for me to gauge where the band are at. It was good; i've heard it better and worse.
Not going to look at any more videos though as i want the Dublin gig to be fresh to my ears.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
coleodin
Known user

Post by coleodin »

Saw them in SF Last night and it was incredible... however, it was not very well attended... Sadly, this is the sitch in SF right now. We're in a weird lull of people going out. It might be that it's so expensive now to see a show and that this tour is on the back end of artists all returning to touring to make up for lost time but still, they didn't sell out either of the 2 dates here... Seemingly by a significant amount.

All in all, regardless of the attendance, they were great. I'd sayit was a unique experience to hear so many songs in a set that we/I didn't know. All other records were out before the tour, giving us a chance to hear the tunes prior. Aside from the older versions of A song and D song, and the single (which I don't think they played), we hadn't much to go on. I feel like they did not disappoint with the new tunes.. A song and D song are fabulous... Let it Bleed, also badass. There was a heaviness to one of them that I was surprised to hear, I think it was A song but damn... It was almost like Black Sabbath in some ways.... Not metal, but HEAVY. All in all, I'm excited to hear the studio stuff.

The material was mostly newer stuff, from the last 3 albums, which is fine... The Road, So Long You Pretty Thing, Soul on Fire, I'm Your Man, and Hey Jane, all were astoundingly cool. They did roll a couple classics for us, Come Together (SUPER HEAVY!) and Shine a Light, which was particularly epic. My friend who had literally never heard them walked in as this was getting started and was blown away. There's no opener on the US tour, so if you're gonna catch them, be there on time as the start was 8pm and they were on around 8:15/8:20... played for 2 hours.
coleodin
Known user

Post by coleodin »

BzaInSpace wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:56 pm :shock:

Link??? I'd love to see that... And more if the uploaded added 10 songs!
Vancouver
Known user

Post by Vancouver »

coleodin wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:21 am Saw them in SF Last night and it was incredible... however, it was not very well attended...
I can't remember what attendance was like here in Vancouver 3 years ago when they were in town at the same venue but it was definitely WELL off sold out last Saturday night here. They had the top section roped off. So clearly at least a couple hundred under sold out in a 1100ish capacity room. The record being delayed probably didn't help.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Full set from Portland April 8th 2022.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

sunray wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:23 am

Holy Hell
that is my first time hearing Let it Bleed

thank you
discofries
Known user

Post by discofries »

sunray wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:23 am

We were watching this last night. Did you record it? Great video! Thanks for sharing :)
--
"He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life." - Muhammad Ali
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

I put it on a different thread, but I always post lots of videos from shows I go to on Instagram. I have a bunch from the Solana Beach show: umatheremin_