Pitchfork Music Festival

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

nghst
Known user

Pitchfork Music Festival

Post by nghst »

They performed tonight. I thought I saw that Jason gave an interview, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
nghst
Known user

Re: Pitchfork Music Festival

Post by nghst »

I've found some of the concert now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nReBcrTyOU Here it Comes (The Road Lets Go) However I haven't found the interview yet
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

nghst wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:48 am ...Jason gave an interview, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
aw man, i forgot to watch this. i hope it surfaces.

they are livestreaming LOW at 8:45 EST
White__Light
Known user

Post by White__Light »

SpEnCeR1
Known user

Post by SpEnCeR1 »

Great review and comments :-)
Jebus Sabes
Known user

Post by Jebus Sabes »

Yes, that youtube user has uploaded five songs from the concert:
https://www.youtube.com/user/snivelttam ... ritualized
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I was at this show and it was tremendous. Strangely, two of the best Spiritualized shows I have seen at this point have been at Pitchfork. The other was for the Songs In A & E tour. Anyway, I will admit that I was still holding out a shred of hope of hearing "Always Together" and/or "Mainline Song," but I knew they probably wouldn't do those. "Hey Jane" was a powerful opener and much stronger than the studio version. The pacing of the set was perfect. I actually think being forced to trim it down to just about an hour cut away some of the mellower material that some forumites have complained bogs down the show (there was no "Sail On Through," for example). The sound was absolutely perfect with plenty of volume. I loved the two songs from the new album "Let It Bleed (For Iggy)" and then "A Song (Laid in Your Arms)," which led to the closer, "So Long You Pretty Things," which totally blew my mind. Epic. Looking forward to the next Chicago gig in September.
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

TheWarmth wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:56 pm I was at this show and it was tremendous. Strangely, two of the best Spiritualized shows I have seen at this point have been at Pitchfork. The other was for the Songs In A & E tour. Anyway, I will admit that I was still holding out a shred of hope of hearing "Always Together" and/or "Mainline Song," but I knew they probably wouldn't do those. "Hey Jane" was a powerful opener and much stronger than the studio version. The pacing of the set was perfect. I actually think being forced to trim it down to just about an hour cut away some of the mellower material that some forumites have complained bogs down the show (there was no "Sail On Through," for example). The sound was absolutely perfect with plenty of volume. I loved the two songs from the new album "Let It Bleed (For Iggy)" and then "A Song (Laid in Your Arms)," which led to the closer, "So Long You Pretty Things," which totally blew my mind. Epic. Looking forward to the next Chicago gig in September.
Excellent to hear Warmth, sounds like they're really hitting their stride. Looking forward to Detroit in September. We are thinking of hitting the cave show in Tennessee if the airlines get it together before then.
I think I feel it coming on