Philly Show Cancelled

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

diesel_foxxy
Known user

Philly Show Cancelled

Post by diesel_foxxy »

Philly show cancelled. Not sure what happened but sounds like one of the band members got sick and taking away in ambulance. Hope everyone is ok and it wasn’t Jason.
swmcsherry
Known user

Re: Philly Show Cancelled

Post by swmcsherry »

Here at the venue, not wanting to leave - as if that will help anything 😔
- ...if you've got a lonely heart too...

- Come on baby, stop your crying

- Don't wanna live, but I can't resist

- I would rather add some life to my years
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

I had a friend text me just now about it. She said they weren't sure who it was, but one of the band members was driven away in an ambulance.

Hoping everything is alright. Sending good vibes their way!
discofries
Known user

Post by discofries »

Another friend of mine said they heard it was exhaustion, but not sure who. :(

Hoping whoever it is, is ok and they're up for the last two gigs. We flew out for the shows with an excuse to see friends and fam in between. Worth it regardless and Boston was a great show. I would think if they're canceling they'd have announced by now.

Does anyone else notice how this tour (as compared to 2019 and others before) is a lot less crowded? People seem to leave about halfway thru.
--
"He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life." - Muhammad Ali
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

From Spiritualized's management:
"Yes, all ok. A little exhaustion. We’re just working it all out now. Please reassure everyone that there’s nothing to worry about".

All I can say is the crowd in Detroit was fantastic. No one left. Only show I have been to so I can't speak of the others. The band certainly fed off the crowd here.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

spzretent wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:49 pm From Spiritualized's management:
"Yes, all ok. A little exhaustion. We’re just working it all out now. Please reassure everyone that there’s nothing to worry about".

All I can say is the crowd in Detroit was fantastic. No one left. Only show I have been to so I can't speak of the others. The band certainly fed off the crowd here.
Wow, thanks for that Alan, so glad they are going to be ok. Detroit was so right on that this morning we booked air and hotel and are headed to NYC for the last show of the US tour tomorrow 🤟
I think I feel it coming on
bambam
Known user

Post by bambam »

Jersey is also canceled for tonight, but they may reschedule for Sunday per the venue. As of now, the Beacon is still on thankfully as I was heading down there form Boston.

-Aaron
discofries
Known user

Post by discofries »

bambam wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:50 pm Jersey is also canceled for tonight, but they may reschedule for Sunday per the venue. As of now, the Beacon is still on thankfully as I was heading down there form Boston.

-Aaron
Did you get notice about tonight? I've not seen anything about it nor received email/text. Where was that announced? Please share. Thanks!
--
"He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life." - Muhammad Ali
jr_pharmacist
Known user

Post by jr_pharmacist »

purespace wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:59 pm
spzretent wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:49 pm From Spiritualized's management:

Wow, thanks for that Alan, so glad they are going to be ok. Detroit was so right on that this morning we booked air and hotel and are headed to NYC for the last show of the US tour tomorrow 🤟
Agreed, thank you for letting us know. I was going to ask as well.
bambam
Known user

Post by bambam »

discofries wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:07 pm
bambam wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:50 pm Jersey is also canceled for tonight, but they may reschedule for Sunday per the venue. As of now, the Beacon is still on thankfully as I was heading down there form Boston.

-Aaron
Did you get notice about tonight? I've not seen anything about it nor received email/text. Where was that announced? Please share. Thanks!
Called the venue around 1pm as was trying to figure out what to do this weekend if I wasn't going to nyc. Someone was nice enough to share the info pre announcement. Not saying 100%, I guess they could change their mind, but the venue was notified and when they coordinate the reschedule vs. Cancelation, they'll announce.
bambam
Known user

Post by bambam »

It's amazing about how you don't always have to rely on these internets to get the information you want. Remember most of these clubs operate the same way they did 30 years ago where if you want updated info about a show.....you call them and they usually share that info. Oh to be old and Remember how these things used to be done.