Evolution festival

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

Juzba
Known user

Evolution festival

Post by Juzba »

Is it just me or is the Evolution festival the most poorly promoted festival of all time? It's a month and a half away and still no fucking schedule, not even a preliminary one. Almost all the major festivals in Europe have one. It just pisses me off, since it's almost impossible to book possible flights/accomodation/tickets.
Jasonsmith
Known user

Post by Jasonsmith »

Allegedly the line up will be announced tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath...here's a link with bits and pieces
http://www.jumpinhot.com/club_gigs.htm
anorthernsoul
Known user

Post by anorthernsoul »

TAV FALCO'S PANTHER BURNS (USA) + jesse dayton & friends (USA) + DJ Andy Weatherall

andy weatherall dj-ing at the panther burns gig, top ...

i can't wait to see a proper line up, the rumours are too sporadic and it's not really fulfilling hearing it in scraps. i want a monday/stooges tuesday/cramps wednesday/spiritualized listing so i can start planning ...
Jebus Sabes
Known user

Post by Jebus Sabes »

Well bugger me, the site's just gone live, on the date they promised.

http://www.orangeevolution.co.uk/evolution.html

Shame they spelt 'Spiritualized' wrong.
lazer_guided
Known user

Post by lazer_guided »

Juzba
Known user

Post by Juzba »

Not exactly a stellar line-up...
Not bad, but not enough to disturb my studying for the entracnce exam. Would be quite costly too, flying all the way from Finland.

Quite a far cry from the (impossible) dream of Stooges/Kraftwerk/Brian Wilson/Cramps/MC5 :(
21GUNS

lineup?

Post by 21GUNS »

its a major dissapointment line up wise, obviously they only let J choose a few bands...shocking
andrew
Known user

Post by andrew »

J Chose Tav Falco, The Dirtbombs and Daniel Johnston.

Not bad choices compared to the rest of the lineup I say.
Juzba
Known user

Post by Juzba »

andrew wrote:J Chose Tav Falco, The Dirtbombs and Daniel Johnston.

Not bad choices compared to the rest of the lineup I say.
Well not bad, but still a disappointment if you consider this quote from a last Septembers Guardian:

"I've given the organisers my dream line-up," says Pierce. "Everyone from Brian Wilson to Kraftwerk to Lee Hazelwood. Without counting any chickens, it's kinda working out."

These three alone would have been enough for me to travel anywhere, anytime
21guns

hmm

Post by 21guns »

yeh thats what i was getting at, its quite misleading, one minute he's curating and ''seemingly'' choosing the line up,

fair play i didnt expect it to be a full weekend of dronefest and cult acts ie. damo suzuki jamming with mayo thompson and a rescued roky erickson, but... from that line up you could probably pick only 3 or 4 bands he's had a say in... pleasing to the general public attending for free (which in fairness they do have to offer), but the selfish pervert in me wanted to see the mc5 and so forth doing their thing... not so much dizzee rascal....
anorthernsoul
Known user

Post by anorthernsoul »

the selfish pervert in me wanted to see the mc5 and so forth doing their thing... not so much dizzee rascal....
funnily enough, i think jason might have hand in (or at least supported) dizee rascal, and mightn't be so keen on mc3. he's definitely said he's a fan anyway.

i like your dream band with roky.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Cool... good to see Lone Pigeon getting a shout from J.
candy-cane-girl
Known user

Post by candy-cane-girl »

The whole fence lot are mazing, roll on greenman, Lone Pigeon is the bees knees.