May 28th Sage Gateshead tickets now on sale

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

Jebus Sabes
Known user

May 28th Sage Gateshead tickets now on sale

Post by Jebus Sabes »

Well spotted the guest in the thread below - tickets now on sale:

Spiritualized Saturday 28 May - Hall Two, The Sage Gateshead - £16

http://www.thesagegateshead.org/whats_o ... ypeStr=all

Post by Guest »

Box Office also accepting bookings (Unreserved seating, 10 sided, 3 level venue !)

Tel: 0191 443 4661
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

Thanks for the heads up, just got my ticket!!! Feeling childishly giddy and excited at the moment. :D

Question now is how many days I can afford up there... wanted to see the Dirtbombs again, but they're six days apart. Ah, the agony of it all!
JThunders
New user

Sage Gig

Post by JThunders »

Excellent news, managed to get my tickets yesterday. I have seen a couple of gigs at the sage, it is an excellent venue, the sound quality in room 2 is awsome and the whole venue is amazing.[/b]
anorthernsoul
Known user

Post by anorthernsoul »

top, well good ...
i've just spent my last dime on a ticket. how big is it? i seem to remember that the whispers of a may gig suggested it was ridiculously small ...

edited to add- by the way, where's gateshead?
JThunders
New user

Re Sage Gig

Post by JThunders »

Honestly it is a small venue, it's a ten-sided room which kind of makes you feel like you're underground or in an episode of Blakes 7 ( you will see what i mean). I reckon it holds 200-300 people. I saw Spiritualized in a small venue last year ( basement room of Northumbria Uni) and was blown away, so i rekon this one will be spectacular. The quality of the sound in both rooms of the sage is absolutely amazing, i reckon the second room was picked as the main hall is all seated. I'm sure this will be a fantastic gig, and please remember size doesn't always matter!
JThunders
New user

NorthernSoul -Where's gateshead?

Post by JThunders »

Just noticed your last question, basically it's on the wrong side of the river tyne, and us geordies don't like to talk about it too much! I think the sage website would be the best bet for directions. :lol:
anorthernsoul
Known user

Post by anorthernsoul »

ahh ... ta for that. we'll see then, hey, i gather one can metro there with little difficulty so once i'm in newcastle i think i'll be alright. it'd be nice if andy weatherall was dj-ing there too.
JThunders
New user

sage show

Post by JThunders »

Tickets say it's on 'till "late" , Holding out some hope this could mean a decent DJ set/support act ( as long as it isn't the ******* Futureheads)
spaceman3
Known user

Post by spaceman3 »

got me tics today. Woo Hoo. Heard rumours that there may be sinfonia backing, anyone shed anymore light on this, as that would be fantastic. With ya thunders on the no futureheads
anorthernsoul
Known user

Post by anorthernsoul »

i remember that rumour - did it arise from someone talking to jase at the rfh? it seems this might be too small a venue to have a full thing with strings, and i guess they would have advertised it.

we did hear that they've got eight members this time round though ...
u_nderscore
Known user

Post by u_nderscore »

here's a 360degree picture of the sages hall 2...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/tyne/content/panor ... _360.shtml

it looks great.

8)

Post by Guest »

Does that mean there's new material coming soon ?
a beautiful noise
Known user

Post by a beautiful noise »

wow! what a beautiful venue. jesus, you guys are soooo lucky. hopefully they will be back in the states in another year or two. :cry: :cry: :cry:

xxxshonnxxx
JThunders
New user

Symphonia Backing at the Sage

Post by JThunders »

I also heard this rumour, regarding the Northern Symphonia, It would seem from my previous visit that the stage in this room isn't big enough, however i have heard that the stage can be moved around and there is a large balcony directly above which wasn't being used when i went. It could be possible, only 50 days to wait and see!
Jasonsmith
Known user

Post by Jasonsmith »

looked at related sites earlier in the day when I booked my ticket, and remember seeing something that said that they would be playing material from the new album scheduled to be released in September. Can't find it any more, but then again I've been out for a few beers and they've managed to change s to z. Revisionists, eh? The venue looks very special though. Looking forward to this big time.
http://www.orangeevolution.co.uk/evolution.html Look! I didn't imagine it! I've got to lay off the 56% bavarian schnapps tho.....
Meo
Known user

Post by Meo »

Are there still tickets going for this?
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

Got a pair of tickets, and I've got to say I'm more excited about this than Glastonbury!!

The venue looks sensational, very intimate.

Roll on May 28th...

8)
a beautiful noise
Known user

yeah anybody know of a really cheap place to stay?? i am trying to make my way over for the show. my girlfriend is willing to pay for my flight (if i can find one that costs less than $400).

any help is much needed thanks.

xxxshonnxxx
LordSirPeter

accomodation - newcastle

Post by LordSirPeter »

their is a premier lodge on the the quayside and also a travelodge, both are within walking distance of the sage and are reasonably cheap - get booked early though - hotel space in Newcastle is at a premium. If you've got a few more quid the Hilton at Gateshead is also on the doorstep but these 3 will be fine

http://www.premiertravelinn.com/pti/hot ... elId=24163
http://www.premiertravelinn.com/pti/hot ... elId=23905
http://www.travelodge.co.uk/travelodge/ ... tel_id=214

btw the sage is great venue - beautiful to look at and the acoustics are unmatched imo
a beautiful noise
Known user

thank you kind lord, sir.

xxxshonnxxx
21GUNS

sage is nice

Post by 21GUNS »

tis a gorgeous venue, ''hand made'' as it were to cater for sounds, the walls ''move'' to adjust to the types of sounds so its very sympathetic to whatever jason throws at it... should be ace
ORBITAL
Known user
Location: Drinking Breaker at night, in the cold duchess light.

Post by ORBITAL »

I tried tgo get tickets on the site. Cant find the link to the fuckin tickets. Someone help me out here please
Work is the scourge of the drinking classes
ORBITAL
Known user

Post by ORBITAL »

Top man Jig
ORBITAL
Known user

Post by ORBITAL »

Got em
ORBITAL
Known user

Post by ORBITAL »

Damn Straight.
spaceman3
Known user

Post by spaceman3 »

got two too many tickets as they were for a couple of friends who have bought their own. Willing to sell these for £30 inc p+p to any one interested, just to try to make some of the cash back. I'll send em first class recorded. Pm me if interested or leave message on the board.
Cool Hand Luke

SOLD OUT!

Post by Cool Hand Luke »

I'm glad you've all managed to get tickets,if you didn't that's too bad :(
You might be very ,very lucky if you keep trying the box office they do get returns if anyone is foolish enough! Don't forget where you heard it first.

Cool Hand Luke aka ' Sidewalker spreads The Word! 8)

JThunders I love you xxx
spaceman3
Known user

Post by spaceman3 »

box office at sage still have loads of tickets and like i said earlier i have two spare for cheaper than face value for sale. Box office reckons its only approx 50% sold at the moment, where you gattin ya info from cool hand
Cool Hand Luke

SOLD OUT

Post by Cool Hand Luke »

Sorry my mistake, On Line Bookings have sold out!
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

Hello. This should make it a bit more exciting for those who've got tickets - apparently we are going to get to hear some new tracks.... :shock:

http://www.gigwise.com/profile.asp?contentid=5398
candy-cane-girl
Known user

Post by candy-cane-girl »

Ew, the others, ew.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

SPACEMAN3....check your PMs

Ta
candy-cane-girl
Known user

Sold out, anyone got tickets they dont want still?
g.spaceman
Known user

D'oh!

Post by g.spaceman »

I'd really appreciate it if anyone could sell me a ticket.............

The daft thing is:
I live in Newcastle
My mother asked me if I was going having noticed the gig listed in the Sage listings booklet and recognised the name from my tshirt
I knew about the Evolution festival in general and the gig specifically from various sources well before they went on sale

....but I never got round to trying to buy a ticket until it was too late :cry:
apesgrapes
Known user

Post by apesgrapes »

might still be worth trying the box office. had six left on thiursday & i got 4.

for spaceman3 who wants £30 for his spares - i hope you get cock-rot you fucker.
anorthernsoul
Known user

Post by anorthernsoul »

for spaceman3 who wants £30 for his spares - i hope you get cock-rot you fucker.
are ... you ... serious ..?
spaceman3
Known user

Post by spaceman3 »

that was 30 quid for the pair and when i next see ya i'll be sure to transmit some of the disease from my rot-ridden cock to ya.
Jebus Sabes
Known user

Post by Jebus Sabes »

Spiritualized's Jason Pierce hosts a number of Festival events. Acts brought by him include Tav Falco, Panther Burns, The Dirtbombs and Daniel Johnston.

"I was asked by Jim Mawdsley (Evolution organiser) if I could bring something else to the festival," said Jason. "He responded well to all the kinds of stuff I wanted to bring. Stuff that doesn't get seen so often and doesn't tour so often, but is a really important part of music. And it's important people see these bands.

"We've got this thing in Spiritualized that we'll play anywhere. It's easier for us to travel on a bus to get to where the people who want to see us are, than for them to traipse around the country to come to see us.

"The festival is a terrific idea, and the Bank Holiday Monday free events will be the icing on the cake. It's really brave to try that. It's unique to have anything for free in this world. I'm all for that."

http://tinyurl.com/bjxrf

Post by Guest »

spaceman3 wrote:that was 30 quid for the pair and when i next see ya i'll be sure to transmit some of the disease from my rot-ridden cock to ya.
shucks, i even ranted to someone (real life rant - away from internet) about some tout on this board. really proud that i stuck it to ya.

sorry pal, i take it all back. i'll buy you a pint at the sage.
candy-cane-girl
Known user

Wish i got me tickets they are going for silly prices on ebay now, looks like i shant be going unless someone can offer me a pair of tickets for face value, and a pint?

Just Given Two Returns Back!

Post by Guest »

Hi - I had a couple of tickets for the Sage do, but returned them to the Sage this weekend as I have to work. Didn't realise they were that scarce already. Anyone seeing this, give them a call now & good luck...
candy-cane-girl
Known user

:'(

I just rung them, they sold them half an hour ago :'(

If ANYONE can help, please PM me, i was hoping to getthese tickets as a present, thanks!

gig at the sage

Post by Guest »

I don't know how many of you saw this, but there was a small interview with Jason in the metro free newspaper, he said they will be playing with a six piece band, and will not feature the northern sinfonia. he did say that he planned to do something with them later in the year though. it also claimed this would be their only show of the year, and the album would be out in about september.
anorthernsoul
Known user

Post by anorthernsoul »

ahh right ...
perhaps that means that they're the orchestra that'll turn up on the lp, if there's no more gigs.

i guess there's still hope of a choir of sorts ..?

and i wonder who's missing from the band; presumably tom?

did he say owt else, guest?
a beautiful noise
Known user

hmmm maybe it's jason who will be missing.

xxxshonnxxx
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

i guess one of the guitar players is missing. can't guess who though.....
:?

perhaps Jase is counting something wrongly, but then again he sayed that "they" will be playing with six piece band. so that does not mean Jase plus the rest of the six pack. :oops:
spaceman3
Known user

Post by spaceman3 »

The other thing it did mention in the interview was that the new album would be along the same lines as amazing grace, with little or no post production involved. So, I don't think ya gonna get ya choir there either, but as stated above Jason did say there was going to be some work involving the northern sinfonia in the future and did't want to therefore do that at the Sage gig.
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

spaceman3 wrote:The other thing it did mention in the interview was that the new album would be along the same lines as amazing grace, with little or no post production involved.
oh dear. that doesn't fill me with enthusiasm. Don't want amazing grace 2 thanks.
assoc.
Known user

Post by assoc. »

Mmmmmm.

Sounds like the SPZ show will be a little bit like the rest of the 'festival' ie half cocked.

The set will probably end up being very similar to the last few with no new songs.

The statement that its the only gig for the rest of the year is probbaly not correct. If there is an album out in September, then there will be a tour to promote it.

Post by Guest »

This is pretty much the full article for those that missed it -

Which acts are you responsible for programming then? -
There's Tav Falco who gave me a big introduction into rock'n'roll music. He came to England with a lot of music from Memphis, and he was very vocal about where his music was coming from. There's also the Dirtbombs who are carrying on that torch with maybe more soul and garage, and Daniel Johnston who's appearing with Lone Pigeon.

Is there anyone you particularly wanted who couldn't make it? -
Yes - trying to get people involved in a one off performance was a lot more difficult than I thought. I talked to Iggy about getting The Stooges over but he couldn't make it in the end, and the same happened with The Cramps.

You're busy recording a new album. How's it sounding? -
The last album was influenced by the free-jazz shows I was doing with people like Spring Heeled Jack and Matthew Shipp, and I was trying to take the production out of the recording. This album is kind of the same and we're recording everything dry - I'm not producing it.

Did the writing come easily? -
I bought this late 1920's guitar in America on the last tour and it kind of came with these songs. I've never written a song on a guitar before - I normally sing all my songs into tape machines - but this guitar came loaded with such amazing songs.

Your appearence at the OrangeEvolution05 is your only live date this year. What can we expect? -
The show we're doing is just a six piece band. We've got plans for the future to work with Northern Sinfonia, so we really wanted to do something orchestrally different from what we'll be doing with them later.[/b]
candy-cane-girl
Known user

sunny wrote:Thanks for the heads up, just got my ticket!!! Feeling childishly giddy and excited at the moment. :D

Question now is how many days I can afford up there... wanted to see the Dirtbombs again, but they're six days apart. Ah, the agony of it all!
Are you going to see the dirtbombs?

Ill be there that night. Soledad Brothers are supporting. WOO.
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

candy-cane-girl wrote:
sunny wrote:Thanks for the heads up, just got my ticket!!! Feeling childishly giddy and excited at the moment. :D

Are you going to see the dirtbombs?

Ill be there that night. Soledad Brothers are supporting. WOO.
I'll be there and I'll look out for you- I still have your pic. I'm going to see the Soledads tonight at the Elbow Room here in London. I think David Viner might be playing tonight too, but I'm not sure cause he's so cagey about these things.
candy-cane-girl
Known user

How was it, did you get any pictures?

I love David Viner, hope he comes along for the trip up to Newcastle.

Did the Soledads play any new stuff?

they did in Glasgow, and most of it sounds pretty good from where i was standing.
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

candy-cane-girl wrote:How was it, did you get any pictures?

I love David Viner, hope he comes along for the trip up to Newcastle.

Did the Soledads play any new stuff?

they did in Glasgow, and most of it sounds pretty good from where i was standing.
Hi,

Yeah Soledads were great, but the set was really short. There were massive delays and 5 bands before them so they didn't get on stage til 1am. They did mainly well known stuff and a couple new-ish ones.
David said he might go up to Newcastle just to hang out, but that he wasn't playing.

See you Sunday hopefully!
Jasonsmith
Known user

Post by Jasonsmith »

Mr. Coxon seems to be conspicuous by his absence from the new album film. Is he the missing man on Saturday?
candy-cane-girl
Known user

scratch that!