Spiritualized, how excited are you ?

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

BVCP206
Known user

Spiritualized, how excited are you ?

Post by BVCP206 »

Got my tickets through the post today for the gig in Leeds on 22 Jan and I have to admit that although I am looking forward to the show it doesn't quite give me the same buzz as it used to. I know it'll be a good show and I know at the end i'll leave thinking I got my moneysworth but I have a terrible feeling it'll be a competent performance rather than one of those shows were you come out tingling. I really hope I'm proved wrong and will post my thoughts after the gig.
Brian Jonestown Massacre in Leeds on the 21/02, now that is a show I can't wait for. I know they could be awful but equally they could be brilliant, I await with baited breath !
vuandnico

leeds

Post by vuandnico »

aye - me too man! bjtm were brilliant at manchester academy last year supporting brmc.. im at the leeds gig thursday night and then in february in night and day for the bjtm gig. also off to liverpool on the saturday and then my hometown on the sunday, manchester for the ritz gigs!
i know what you mean about the gigs not been tingly. still - somethigns goos if im going three gigs! mayne alos whitehaven at weekend or wolverhampton week after - dont know yet!
vuandnico

support

Post by vuandnico »

infact - the support for the gi will be interesting. i read the raveonettes are on the eire/ireland/ scotland tour and i hope to god they arent onthe uk one. they are dreadful, saw them last year!i remember the good old days where spz never had support! i went to cornwall (eden project gig) and beth orton was on the bill, ok, not really support, but i was with john coxon having a beer and we were both of the same impression - shit! spiritualized dont need support acts, well, here anyway. i met brmc last year and john had said they supported them in the us, funnily enough the warlocks had supported brmc some timeearlier. the us wants/expects support acts! do you remeber the days where electric mainline played for 40 minutes BEFORE a gig and the crowd were in awe? liverpool lomax years ago - top show and spiritualized were in their prime i thought then the amsterdam paradiso show a few years ago just after licd with the 6 piece, went to that, ashely wales supporting! (ashley wales - half of spring heel jack, with john coxon)... support acts should be forgotten at the uk spiritualized shows! saying that - i did enjoy the soldead brothers last year in northampton and sheffield!
pipyeah

no support!

Post by pipyeah »

well i was at whitehaven on sat, and the raveonettes didnt show so u woulda loved it! spiritualized were amzin tho, played for 2 1/2 hours-take your time towards the end was fuckin spot on...
One Asian Under A Groove
Known user

Post by One Asian Under A Groove »

I'm going to see Spz in Aberdeen tonight and I have to say, I'm pant-wettingly excited. Each time I've seen them, they've got me this way beforehand, and having seen a setlist from earlier on in the tour, the mere thought that they will play I Think I'm In Love, or Take Your Time, or Smiles... it's definitely keeping me going during an absolute bitch of an exam week. Also, the Lemon Tree is tiny - I've seen them at Manchester's Academy and Apollo, Glastonbury and Glasgow Barrowland, so this will be by far the most intimate setting I'll ever witness them in.

Post by Guest »

me and the wife were umming and arring about whitehaven. good spot to see them - i saw spring heel jack there (well - kendal.. near enough to the lakes so..) and the country air musthave got to them, esp j.
anyway - leeds liverpool and manchester this week for me and its looking good for wolverhampton on the 2nd to.
so glad the raveonettes werent there/hope theyre not on the 3 gigs thsi week.
manchester apollo is useless as a venue and i know they, esp coxon werent keen on the place, too cavernous. seen new order there a few times and its always shite.
manchetser academy - whether it be 1 2 or 3 is always a good spot for a gig, as is lomax in liverpool. never been to the ritz myself all theyears ive been here so itll be an experience. mate of mine went years ago to see the fall, mark e smith got hammered on stage and sacked the band (again) and punched the drummer in the face. mental!
any more word on the whitehaven gig or lemon tree much appreciated. tracks/set length???

Post by Guest »

:o :o :( 8) :cry: :oops: :roll: :arrow: :?: :idea: :) :D :x :lol: 8) :roll: :!: :?:

whitehaven

Post by guest »

whitehaven was amazing, i got a setlist but dont have it with me right now but i think it was:

electricity
shine a light (best track ever...possibly)
walking with jesus
hold on
(splattering of amazing grace tracks (cheapster was best))
let it flow
anything more
out of sight
broken heart
i think im in love
take your time (which was incredible)
smiles/things ll never be the same

and i got jasons tea mug haha