glasgow gig

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

mazza
Known user

glasgow gig

Post by mazza »

oh what a night, as frankie valli once said.

the keyboard player looks like iggy pop with mad cow disease.

Post by Guest »

Thighpaulsandra.It's an apt description.His last album was genuis.
phatjaxx

any support?

Post by phatjaxx »

Hi guys, i'm new to this board. Just wondered if anyone knew support for this tour? I'm at Newcastle tomorrow night.

Cheers

Post by Guest »

I saw them in Glasgow last night.No support band.
phatjaxx

Oh

Post by phatjaxx »

Sweet mate, cheers for that. Sounds like i'm in for a long glorious night. Can't wait. First time i've seen em in a small venue like this. Glastonbury twice though. Ace.

Peace
ORBITAL
Known user
Location: Drinking Breaker at night, in the cold duchess light.

Post by ORBITAL »

I thought the gig at the garage was much better all round thatn the last one at the corn exchange. Would have mindede the ravonettes buch fuck em. A nice long set was enjoyed by all. Ace. Was reasonably straight too for a change. That was shite. Ill be nutted next time
JonBonJobbie

Glasgow was Great

Post by JonBonJobbie »

Was it fuck it was bloody terrible, dis-interested front man sits at side of stage and plays dull set.
Two guitar chords never sounded so boring

Re: glasgow gig

Post by Guest »

mazza wrote:oh what a night, as frankie valli once said.

the keyboard player looks like iggy pop with mad cow disease.
Really?

THey came 2 the Civic Hall last saturday and it's just down the road - my sista works there so shell have met them

I didnt go coz i neva knew who they were until i came on his website

Gutted :evil:
ORBITAL
Known user

Post by ORBITAL »

Have you seen the band b4 JonBon? Or were you dissapointed with the set or just the fact that they werent the white stripes?
stevie
Known user

Post by stevie »

I thought last night was alot better than Edinburgh in September. I still think there's a lack of deafening noise and blinding strobes these days and the quiet periods a bit too long. That said 'Oh Baby' and 'Broken Heart' were 2 of several highlights.

Orbital, I forgot to put your number in my phone before I left mate. Our paths will cross someday. SFA in march perhaps?
Zenchan
Known user

Post by Zenchan »

Last night was only the third time I've seen them, but I thought it was the best.
mazza
Known user

Re: Glasgow was Great

Post by mazza »

JonBonJobbie wrote:Was it fuck it was bloody terrible, dis-interested front man sits at side of stage and plays dull set.
Two guitar chords never sounded so boring

are you -

a) blind

b) deaf

c) a buffoon

d) some of the above

e) all of the above
gazza w.

spiritualized glasgow gig 19th jan 2004

Post by gazza w. »

jonbon jobbie you were never there if so you must be fuckin brain dead

Post by Guest »

No worries Stevie.
How did your day go? Where did you go to drink b4 gig?
ORBITAL
Known user

Post by ORBITAL »

Oops. That last msg above was me Stevie. I am a silly boy. Also further up the thread I meant the Liquid room gig.
Tits
stevie
Known user

Post by stevie »

The day was spent at work cos I've got no holidays left and we went straight from the bus to The Garage. Got there for about 7.15, had a beer and sat down to let the mushies take over and they duly obliged.

What about yerself?
jc941789

wot time?

Post by jc941789 »

i got there at about 9.20 i think...wot time did they come on at? they must have played for about another hour or more after i got there...

Post by Guest »

spent the afternoon knockin back absolut mandarin vodka&soda. Was the only one off on monday and met my mates girl in glasgow after her work. My mate came in the car with my girl and my brother. Went to garage early to catch ravonettes but they had fuckin evaporated. Brother got searched and his weed taken at door. doormen were total c*nts.
Got too busy to get to an from bar near front so booze wore off far too soon. Enjoyed the band. Straightest Ive ever fuckin beento watch em.
Wait til next time.
How were the shrooms then. YOu got a nice wee patch somewhere
stevie
Known user

Post by stevie »

Anonymous wrote: How were the shrooms then. YOu got a nice wee patch somewhere
Not so much a patch and more of a shop. There's a shop near the bottom of Leith Walk (if you know it) that sells them. £4 for 10g. They were pretty good but I could've done with more. The one's I bought previously were stronger. Gotta say I was dissapointed at the lack of Raveonettes myself.

jc941789, they came on about 8.15.
ORBITAL
Known user

Post by ORBITAL »

Im off tomorrow...Gony go get some. Cheers Stevie. Any plans for weekend?
stevie
Known user

Post by stevie »

No plans apart from work all weekend and going to the match on saturday. Completely pennyless anyway.

If you're serious about heading through here to get some mushies, the shop's called the pipe shop, it's really small so you might miss it. It's on the left hand side a wee bit after a couple of bed shops, one of which might even be called the bed shop.
ORBITAL
Known user

Post by ORBITAL »

Took a walk down to purple haze on friday mornin. Had a real giggle last nite. was nutted . what a hoot.