((((((((MELT BANANA))))))))

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

BzaInSpace
Site Admin

((((((((MELT BANANA))))))))

Post by BzaInSpace »

Man! After failing to make the Warlocks show (ORBIE...any good?) I was lucky enough to be given a ticket to see this band last week in a converted church in Glasgow's West End...

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! Exactly what I needed, although my ears would no doubt disagree. Few bands could fuck you up so much, but by the end I was grinning like a loon. Small crowd, 2 encores, what a night.

If you can....go see 'em. They are really nice mellow people too. But they rock like total bastards...

:twisted:
duppyconquerer
Known user

Post by duppyconquerer »

i miss john peel :(
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

I recall the Stewart of Mogwai heavily recommended this band not long ago in an interview? or on their web site?

Cheers!
I think I feel it coming on
duppyconquerer
Known user

Post by duppyconquerer »

they're an excellent group. i recommend the speak, squeak, creak lp.
and they've got an ep with fantomas recently which is worth a peek. they were peel favourites..
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

An EP with Fantomas? 8) The mind boggles....got to be worth a listen

Post by Guest »

just got the warlocks second album for a penny off e-bay... pretty good but not as good as their first ...... and certainly not as good as a live experience from them .... good band .
does anyone need to see spiritualized live again ... just what the doctor orders methinks
j0n

Post by j0n »

you mean the phoenix album?

i think that's their best... not that the other two aren't good, they are. but i think the phoenix album is just brilliant.
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

duppyconquerer wrote:they've got an ep with fantomas recently which is worth a peek. they were peel favourites
is that ep with two (short) tracks only, really?

i thought that The Fall were Peels favorites.

duppy - what are your commenst on The Boredoms?

(Unkle remix of B is nice piece of punk-hop or shit whatever)
sunray
Known user

Re: ((((((((MELT BANANA))))))))

Post by sunray »

This'll probably get lost amongst the MBV hullaballoo but went to see Melt Banana Friday night in Dublin and am glad to report they blew the place apart. Dunno what pedals the guitarist has but fuckin' hell, the sounds. At times it was like a band playing Breakcore, mental! They did a cover of Monkey Man :D man you never thought you'd here it like this. Also the first time in years i've seen proper moshing at a gig. Great stuff, go check 'em out if you get the chance.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
They Transmit
Known user

Post by They Transmit »

Going on the 25th, can't wait, saw them at the Garage in London a few years ago and I can honestly saw I've never heard anything like it in my life. The guitarist makes sounds that I can't explain!
Amazing stuff
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-lights-Become-lights/225847625393
mark
Known user

Post by mark »

on in brighton at the concorde day before spaceman