heads up for the Heads

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

Jasonsmith
Known user

heads up for the Heads

Post by Jasonsmith »

The Heads are playing the roadburn festival in Tilburg holland on April 22nd 2006. More info here http://www.roadburn.com/homepage.html
Orange goblin sound interesting too...

Post by Guest »

Leaf Hound dude!!!!!
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

wow. this is very tempting with round trip airline tixs at $600 into the Dam from my hometown airport in the states. How often are we going to see The HEADS live?!?!?!? And Low playing the pre-party . . . Hawkwind as the headliner . . . the only thing missing is a S3 reunion :lol:

:?: thinking :?:
I think I feel it coming on
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

The Heads hardly ever play live. But you'd probably only get a good half hour at a low level festival appearance.

I'm desperately trying to set up a Yorkshire warm-up gig which they are in favour of, but which will take some doing.

They'd love to come back to the US but it would take some band over there to want them to come and support them to do it. It was Nebula last time. I reckon Bardo Pond could do it and that would be one hell of a line-up, but logistically its not easy.

You can bet any Heads live appearance will be plugged right here, by me.
Jasonsmith
Known user

Post by Jasonsmith »

[quote="purespace"]wow. this is very tempting with round trip airline tixs at $600 into the Dam from my hometown airport in the states. How often are we going to see The HEADS live?!?!?!? And Low playing the pre-party . . . Hawkwind as the headliner . . . the only thing missing is a S3 reunion :lol:

watch out guy before you invest! I think the band is actually called Toner Low. Did anyone else notice that Zak has quit the real low?
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

Thanks for catching that about (toner) Low - still thinking - -yeah, that sucked about Zak. But after 12 years of dealing with Alan's mental health break downs, I think he finally had enough. Alan and Zak are treading very lightly in the press about Zak's leaving and the underlying reason(s) I'm still looking forward to the show next Monday in Detroit.
ORBITAL
Known user
Location: Drinking Breaker at night, in the cold duchess light.

Post by ORBITAL »

Ive just ordered 'Everybody knows we got nowhere' Hope its good
Work is the scourge of the drinking classes
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

blinding. its been stuck in my player along with Dead In the Water.
anorthernsoul
Known user

Post by anorthernsoul »

I'm still looking forward to the show next Monday in Detroit.
wow, give us an update when you're back ... i'd forgotten they were touring america.
roadburn

Post by roadburn »

the heads will be playing a 60 minute set at roadburn (starting arond 19.30hrs)