sunn o))))))

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

norrin radd
Known user

sunn o))))))

Post by norrin radd »

im going to check these dudes out on friday, they're great on record, but has anyone got any stories of the sunn o)) live experience so as ive got a vague idea of what to expect ? julian cope and that dude outta mogwai big em up a lot, cheers
anorthernsoul
Known user

Post by anorthernsoul »

if it's mindblowing, post on here will you?
i'm still weighing up my finances as means of deciding whether i can go and see them in a week or so ...
stretched-out
Known user

Post by stretched-out »

and lets not forget the mighty EARTH are playing with em too!
norrin radd
Known user

Post by norrin radd »

well...
there was a lot of metallers there, it was basically two guitars and a moog playing 3 chords very slow, and very loud, i loved it to begin, got a bit bored in the middle, then loved it again, its worth checking out, the kind of thing anyone who plays guitar has always wanted to do, turn it up to 11, crank up the fuzz and let rip. I guess it was like a metal version of an ear gig (maybe ear has a bit more narration) id pay a tenner for it anyway, we got talking to some druids the band had got in to let off incense everywhere, very nice, but i did get a sneaking suspision it was a bit of a case of angry teeny angst metallers noise rather than (well, in my opinion anyway) the sustained etheral (?!) or rather medicinal white noise of spacemen 3 and spiritualized, i suppose its a fine line, i think my girlfriend might have summed it up better "its great, theres no other band like it, but they did start wanking off a bit really dear"