Live footage help anyone?

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

grrrr73
Known user

Live footage help anyone?

Post by grrrr73 »

I've been listening to a lot of live shows, but does anyone know of anywhere I can get hold of some visual treats to go along with these. Are there any good live shows on DVD kicking about or footage that could be converted to DVD. Not got much experience of downloading & converting, but if anyone has anything worth watching & wants to share, I'd happily pay for any p&p or blank discs or whatever. Is there any official live stuff on Dvd?
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

*I think* the only official DVDs are the Hoping Foundation one from the Brixton show last year and the promo DVD for Electricity. Those can be found on eBay/musicstack/netsounds if you want to take a look.
There are more unofficial DVDs/VCDs kicking about, but the selection i have is:

Spiritualized - Live, London Forum, 06/02/2004 DVD
Spiritualized - Live, Glastonbury 2004 DVD
Spiritualized - TV Appearances VCD
Spiritualized - Live, Royal Festival Hall, UK Aug 2004 DVD
Spiritualized - Live, Route Du Rock Festival, (1998?)
Spiritualized - Live, World Trade Centre/Glasto 1992 DVD
Spiritualized - Live, Benicassim Festival, Spain, 08/08/1998 & Hultsfred Festival 14/06/2002 DVD
Spiritualized - Live, Brixton Academy (I have this gig as WMV files. Cant convert to VCD/DVD without losing quality, but will burn on CD for PC)
Spiritualized - Live, World Trade Center 1998 & Glastonbury 1993

There may well be others floating around in space, maybe someone can add any others they know of.
grrrr73
Known user

Post by grrrr73 »

Thanks for the tip bout the "Hoping" Dvd Laz. I'd forgetten bout that!
I havent got much to trade but if you wanna help a brother out with a copy of a couple of your shows, I'll be more than happy to sort out the discs & the p&p to cover it. If not, thanks for the info anyway.
Tony'Steppa'Blair

Post by Tony'Steppa'Blair »

also add 'Club Quatro, Japan' Digital recording from Japanese TV Broadcast....I have it but it's buried at the back of beyond in our loft....new house.....no money.....u get the drill....

all i can offer is that when it is eventually unearthed; i'll mention it here.

for the impatient: scour eBay, that's where i picked it up.
Gordon'Ska-killa'Brown

Post by Gordon'Ska-killa'Brown »

Almost forgot...Spiritualized Marquee, London UK 1990 (or 91'?):

Good video (1 camera/bloke on the balcony) but the audio is something else...imagine a poorly designed wind-tunnel blasting through the wembley PA system with no filters and ur close...It's about 70% distortion all the way thru and little audible music:(

Looking on the bright side,It could be salvaged by synch'ing the sound from an audio cassette recording (which I know exists in traders circles).

Ditto the chances of me locating it anytime soon tho'...For what it's worth; the VHS I picked up (again from eBay) also had a really early Sonic solo gig and a Sp3 show recorded at the Subteranea Club, London UK from 1989. I did a couple of copies for some folks who post here - cant remember the names tho - sorry.
disorder
Known user

Post by disorder »

Gordon'Ska-killa'Brown wrote:Almost forgot...Spiritualized Marquee, London UK 1990 (or 91'?):

Good video (1 camera/bloke on the balcony) but the audio is something else...imagine a poorly designed wind-tunnel blasting through the wembley PA system with no filters and ur close...It's about 70% distortion all the way thru and little audible music:(

Looking on the bright side,It could be salvaged by synch'ing the sound from an audio cassette recording (which I know exists in traders circles).

Ditto the chances of me locating it anytime soon tho'...For what it's worth; the VHS I picked up (again from eBay) also had a really early Sonic solo gig and a Sp3 show recorded at the Subteranea Club, London UK from 1989. I did a couple of copies for some folks who post here - cant remember the names tho - sorry.
ahh it would be awesome to get copies of these... early spz/sp3 live dvds are like gold. i rarely see them on ebay, especially sp3 ones (except for the one dvd thats everywhere with the one gig and all the videos/interviews)