Gig dilemma

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

Should I go to the wolverhampton gig on monday, on my tod or should I save it and only go to the london gig?

don't go, erm.. stay with me
No votes
Go
100%

Total votes: 9

jason_godman
Known user

Gig dilemma

Post by jason_godman »

so?
digital jesus
Known user

Post by digital jesus »

go. definitely go.

i had same dilemma, chose not to go again to notts. and i regret that choice because the manchester gig was so so so so good. the band are very tight, and the band/music/audience electricity is back! (i thought it wasnt quite there in the 2003 uk tour)
Jasonsmith
Known user

Post by Jasonsmith »

You think you've got problems...I went to the Norwich gig and got stuck in snow at Stansted trying to fly back to Germany. Had to spend a night without sleep in the terminal and I've still got to go and pick my car up from another airport 100 km away. I've got tickets for London, and I'd planned to go and watch Norwich away at Wimbledon with my sister and her boyfriend on the Saturday, but all the tickets for Norwich fans are sold out. What should I do?

Post by Guest »

how about stop your crying and wait till they come to hamburg
Jasonsmith
Known user

Post by Jasonsmith »

Norwich will probably have to get promoted before they have a chance of playing Hamburg. Then again Hamburg will have to raise their game next year if they're going to get into Europe... :D
drmnyc
Known user

Post by drmnyc »

i think you should go to both and tape them and then post it on:

http://www.cynicsonline.com/mp3/
jason_godman
Known user

Post by jason_godman »

ok, I think I'm gonna do it. Don't have nowt to record it with though. Doesn't it sound really crappy doing it yourself anyhow?
helm
Known user

Post by helm »

first of all, go to wolverhampton. i'm going and it should be great, manchester was amazing.

second, sit in the wimbledon end- to be fair, they don't get many at the hockey stadium and i don't think you'd get a hard time of it sat there.

any other problems need solving?
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

just got back from Wolves. Loads of old stuff and good to see Shine A Light, Let It Flow and Take Your Time back on the set list.
They didn't do Think I'm In Love, though, which they did in Nott'm apparently.
Still a good gig though, miles better than the Amazing Grace tour last year despite the morons shouting out "SPACEMAN!!" and "JASON!!" during the quiet bits.
Two hours - ooh me aching back. Can we go back to sitting down at gigs in future, I'm getting old now...
sakura
New user

Post by sakura »

Hope you decided to go. It was amazing,amazing......they are totally in a league of their own live...sublime and mesmerizing
Billy wizz.
New user

Post by Billy wizz. »

They did Think I'm In Love at Reading too and boy was it spatial. It lasted about twice as long as usual and took about three minutes to pick up pace but by the end even had some of the starch people swaying. You know starch people, the really tall ones who get right down the front push in front of you and then stand there looking completely unmoved they aren't cool they're cold.
Last edited by Billy wizz. on Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jason_godman
Known user

Post by jason_godman »

quite predictably, I fucked it up but I am going to the forum on friday so the geeses' pimples shall be on display then I would have thought.