Reading gig

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

spaceboy2000

Reading gig

Post by spaceboy2000 »

Did anybody else here go to the Reading gig???
Just have to say how utterly awesome it was.
Have seem spz around 10 times but never in such an intimate venue.
They played a brilliant set and the audience were well up for it - Jason even applauded the audience at the end of the show.
Genius at work!
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

I was there too. The group were good but I wasn't so impressed with the audinece - probably 'cos I was at the back, a few idiots singing their own stupid songs like football yobs. I guess 'cos being at a University people who didn't even care about Spiritualized went 'cos it was the done thing.
ebbsandflows
Known user

Post by ebbsandflows »

Yeah, fucking ace gig. One of the best i've been to in years.

Spaceboy, you should have gone to the front then innit?

Horses!

I know me and my homies were a bit raucus but i can assure you that we're as obsessive as the immovable statuettes frozen in hero worship.

Love you

Horses!
Eric's Trip
New user

Reading

Post by Eric's Trip »

Yeah, I was there, it was bloody great wasn't it!? The first time i've seen them but hopefully not the last. What song was it where the guitarist did a really soulful [sorry, best word I could think of] harmonica part?

Post by Guest »

It was either 'Broken Heart' or (probably) something else.
anorthernsoul
Known user

codariffic

Post by anorthernsoul »

probably broken heart ...
doggen played a solo on that, john coxon played a quieter harmonica part on hold on. last tour jason had a turn as well and blew a bit on the version of electric mainline ...

m
4eyes

Reading gig

Post by 4eyes »

I went to the reading gig too, band were ace as usual, but some of the audience justified peoples' hatred of students - half of them weren't even listening to the band & trying to shout over the top of them. i thought the band were hacked off at the end with plenty of white noise and no encore (although it was 11 by then)