Southampton Uni show

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

rascott
New user

Southampton Uni show

Post by rascott »

anyone make this one? The place was about half full but the band seemed to ignore this and proceeded to take my head apart with some fantastic noise. Hats off to the sound people - pin sharp. I was driving so did not drink but i still felt over the limit when i drove home. Best out of the 4 times i've seen them. It's just a shame the big crowds aren't turning out any more.
LoveIsHell
New user

Post by LoveIsHell »

Yea i agree, sound was fucking tip top. That was the third time ive seen em and yea, probably would make the top of my list of times ive seen em. Although, as per usual, i got my standard 'end up next to the absolutely pilled up nutters' thing at gigs which seems to haunt me.

~ No offence if you were one of them! ~

Mr David Viner was a little odd, quite cool though, woulda made a good appearance on a Tarantino flick soundtrack, dont ya reckon...?

It is a shame they arent pulling in the big crowds anymore, the light show was wasted on that venue, but it was great to see them in such a small place. I get the feeling that a good percentage of the crowd is still expecting to hear mostly Ladies and Gents stuff, that stuff always gets the reactions. But anyway, ramble ramble ramble, was great to hear the amazong grace stuff live, makes the album make more sense i reckon...
You gotta hold on to those that you love, coz there is no hell below or heaven above.
steve poly

Post by steve poly »

It was the first time I had seen them live. I've been listening to amazing grace constantly and was wondering how well it would work live. I was astounded. I thought Hold On and Lord let it rain on me were phenomenal. They manage to create such full and deep sound and as with lots of the songs, the climaxes were truly breath-taking. I thought the sound was good but not great. I was right at the front so certain parts, especially the end made me feel like my head was going to explode! Add to this the strobe lights as well and a few times it almost became unbearable. Almost as loud as Mogwai! It was just a bit of a bright sound for such a small venue especially when you're right at the front. Perhaps this was the effect they were going for though! You're right, there were a few twats it seems there, some of who decided to start singing stand up for your rights at certain places which was a bit random. Overall a brilliant gig though and I will definitely be looking out to go again.

Post by Guest »

Ref Soton lovely little venue,had a great time,even my wife {not a believer!} enjoyed it. Spiritualized work better in the more intimate environment,I first saw them at Salisbury Arts Centre with the original band and that was a blinder,a truly religious experience and with inner tensions running high a truly memorable gig. Raved to all me mates so we went to Bristol Colston Hall in 02 and it was boring!Back to small venues and once again soaring the heights! Hopefully the finances will straighten out and we can see more like this,by golly we even had room to dance a bit,albeit badly! :wink:
spooks
Known user

Post by spooks »

yeah another great gig, the venue was small, half full as well, but a brilliant gig, thats about the 30th spz ive seen , do they get better,i think so.
i will post the set list tomorrow, also got a spare gig poster so if anyone wants to swap one from another venue let me know
Zee
New user

Post by Zee »

my 1st spz gig, and i was totally blown-away!!.........i was right at the front too, and the lighting effects were too much on occasions, but it didnt matter coz the shear power of the music was incredible!....

would luv to get my hands on the spz gig poster if any1 has any goin. Thnks
LoveIsHell
New user

Post by LoveIsHell »

Anyone note down the setlist?
You gotta hold on to those that you love, coz there is no hell below or heaven above.