Spiritualized International

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

Jasonsmith
Known user

Spiritualized International

Post by Jasonsmith »

A spin off from the acoustic mainlines thread where our American friend is coming over...Who's seen SPZ in the most countries? I've seen shows in Germany, Holland, England, Wales, and the US. The Edinburgh show in November will be Scotland ticked off the list!
Wah - Wah
Known user

Post by Wah - Wah »

Germany, Belgium and / or Netherlands ( ? ) , Scotland
Jasonsmith
Known user

Re: Spiritualized International

Post by Jasonsmith »

Update: Angers and Paris next month will be country #13 after Germany, Holland, England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Spain, Luxemburg, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, & US... Hoping for shows in Switzerland, Austria, and Italy next year :D
herman
Known user

Post by herman »

So, anyobody that attended the Tokyo show?
Any reviews about that one?
"Thank you"
robotoilet
Known user

Post by robotoilet »

herman wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:11 am So, anyobody that attended the Tokyo show?
Any reviews about that one?
mn_spi wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:35 am
Jasonsmith wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:49 pm Apparently a date in Tokyo
http://www.studio-coast.com/2018/9/#s4335
If this page of setlist.fm about Paris is correct the tunes of Tokyo seems to be exactly the same as that.

The show in Tokyo after three shows at London and France in a short period. It is almost everyday. I hope that they will have a good rest for a while.

(The new tunes from ANH is shines more in the show! Kev is back. YAY! It is the only shame that it didn’t sold out. Ugh!)

It certainly existed in Tokyo although it was hardly mentioned on the Live page of the site…
The setlist was great as mn_spi said. The old songs fitted in well with new songs.
It is amazing that Jason has written these transcendent songs for decades. I kept thinking about that during the show.
Broken Heart, Stay With Me and The Prize were the highlights for me.
I'm really gutted that I couldn't see them playing Out Of Sight with orchestra in London :cry: .
I hope they bring orchestra to Japan someday.

Here's my recording. I'm sorry that I have the time to edit it right now. So it's one mega flac file with a bit of mixing which I don't know if I executed. :(
https://files.fm/u/58ru2spm
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Hi again, thanks for posting: that is one incredible recording you made, so many many thanks for that.

From what I've heard so far the sound quality is unreal: great dynamics between beautifully intimate vocals and guitar - and full-on Spiritualized insanity! Glad you enjoyed the gig, and I'm glad you recorded this stuff so well.
robotoilet wrote:I'm really gutted that I couldn't see them playing Out Of Sight with orchestra in London :cry: .
Me too. I hope they can tour with the orchestra everywhere. 'Shine A Light' with the full orchestra and choir would make my year.
O P 8
robotoilet
Known user

Post by robotoilet »

BzaInSpace wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:26 pm Hi again, thanks for posting: that is one incredible recording you made, so many many thanks for that.

From what I've heard so far the sound quality is unreal: great dynamics between beautifully intimate vocals and guitar - and full-on Spiritualized insanity! Glad you enjoyed the gig, and I'm glad you recorded this stuff so well.
robotoilet wrote:I'm really gutted that I couldn't see them playing Out Of Sight with orchestra in London :cry: .
Me too. I hope they can tour with the orchestra everywhere. 'Shine A Light' with the full orchestra and choir would make my year.
Phew! I'm so glad you enjoy the recording.
I was very concerned that I was too close to the stage, which would distort the sound. But now I am relieved that it came up well.
The band was great and also the backing singers did a great performance with their voice and face expressions and everything.

Yes, I really hope they can tour with orchestra everywhere and wish I can go everywhere they go.

I made my mother(age 73) listen to The Prize from the recording. And she said with tears, "How possible could it be to write this purely beautiful song? Is he Jesus or what?"
BROKENHEART
Known user

Post by BROKENHEART »

robotoilet wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:11 am
BzaInSpace wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:26 pm Hi again, thanks for posting: that is one incredible recording you made, so many many thanks for that.

Phew! I'm so glad you enjoy the recording.
I was very concerned that I was too close to the stage, which would distort the sound. But now I am relieved that it came up well.
The band was great and also the backing singers did a great performance with their voice and face expressions and everything.

Yes, I really hope they can tour with orchestra everywhere and wish I can go everywhere they go.

I made my mother(age 73) listen to The Prize from the recording. And she said with tears, "How possible could it be to write this purely beautiful song? Is he Jesus or what?"

Great recording, thanks so much for sharing.
I truly believe that this tour is the best I've seen and heard over the years from Spiritualized. On another level for me .
Shine a light just always does it for me.
It's very difficult to hold back the emotions when listening to such beauty.
Thanks again.
robotoilet
Known user

Post by robotoilet »

BROKENHEART wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:44 am Great recording, thanks so much for sharing.
I truly believe that this tour is the best I've seen and heard over the years from Spiritualized. On another level for me .
Shine a light just always does it for me.
It's very difficult to hold back the emotions when listening to such beauty.
Thanks again.
It's my pleasure!
But I must thank YOU. Because I saw you raving about the Hammersmith show and determined to make it my mission to record the show. And mission complete!
So I'm really happy that you enjoy it. And I must be proud that Japan is the only place in Asia where they come on this tour.
herman
Known user

Post by herman »

Anyone attented the Barcelona Razzmatazz gig last night? Thoughts, opinions, reviews..
"Thank you"
Jasonsmith
Known user

Post by Jasonsmith »

jimbo341b
New user

Post by jimbo341b »

I didn't go to the Barcelona gig but saw them in Madrid at la Sala Riviera the day after. I've finally got time one week later to just to give a quick review and post some photos. La sala Riviera is probably Madrids best medium sized venue and was about half full, maybe due to the long weekend which meant that many people would have gone to visit family (bit different to the pub-crawls in the UK). Still I guess there were a good 300-400 people there ranging from youngsters to older music fans, plus me and the missus. The setlist was the same as the other recent shows minus the choir and orchestra, the sound was good and the band looked like they were enjoying themselves. The set was fairly strong and could have had more of the classics but they were there to showcase ANH, which played live reaches a different level as is the case with most of their material. After rounding off with oh happy day, the 3 backing vocalists seemed to get special kudos from the rest of the band as they left the stage, which was well deserved as they nailed it. So, after a show of just over 2 hours we had to rush home to relieve the babysitter, a return to normality after another exceptional evening spent with J.Spacemen & co (4th time I've seen them, first time was in Leeds 1995).
Attachments
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_b45.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_b45.jpg (131.19 KiB) Viewed 5489 times
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_b32.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_b32.jpg (87.31 KiB) Viewed 5489 times
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_b2e.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_b2e.jpg (126.61 KiB) Viewed 5489 times
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_b47.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_b47.jpg (107.15 KiB) Viewed 5489 times
Pat Garrett
Known user

Post by Pat Garrett »

jimbo341b wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:01 pm (4th time I've seen them, first time was in Leeds 1995).
Also my first show!