Forum gig

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

Marshall

Forum gig

Post by Marshall »

blistering 2 hours 15 minute set!! they did come together and cop shoot cop but dropped out of sight. it was such an amazing gig plenty of full on noisy bits. Jason was almost giggling as he applauded the crowd at the end. this is 2nd best to the brixton gig in 2002!

Post by Guest »

I sent my sister to this gig, I told her she MUST see them, she never saw them before, just heard their CD's. So anyway, last night at the end of the gig she gave me a call and told me it was one of the best show she ever saw in her life! she all got shaken from that gig, she was completely blown away!!! wish i was there :(

Anyone got the setlist? anyone recorded it?!?!
alsy
New user

Post by alsy »

I just want to say,that this was the 1st time i've seen them live.It will not be the last.Absolutely blistering!!
P.s Did anyone see Bobby Gillespie there or was it his double? I may have been seeing things at this point! If it was him he's a right short arse isn't he.
JesusBlood
Known user

Post by JesusBlood »

Superb show, the best of the four I've seen. No horns, no choir, but they're clearly revelling in improvisation and the return to This Little Life after an extended feedback noodle was breathtaking. Great set list, especially if you agree AG is their second best album, and Cop Shoot Cop was sublime.
What is it, though, with the talkers? Maybe it's just me at a difficult age (40-plus) but have these people not got living rooms to chat in? Bunch of cunts who probably live in Fulham or is it just 21st century 20-somethings? Rant over.
Heady
Known user

Post by Heady »

RE: talking, we were stood nearer the front and you couldn't really hear too much of it, for a change, and which was a relief. Always a good idea to get nearer to the front. We still had to tell two wankers to shut up though.

I have to say I woke up today feeling quite sad, I haven't really enjoyed the two shows I've seen post-Amazing Grace. While bits of it were still great, like the enthusiasm you could hear during the beginning of WWJ, overall it doesn't seem to feel the same as on previous tours. Good to see a return to more noise, though, and the strobes seemed to be more powerful last night than I've seen for a while.

It was Gillespie, by the way, we blagged our way up to the third-floor bar after the show and had a chat with him and Pierce, who was just the same as usual really.

Anyway, still a better night out than you'll get with any other bands.

Claw
freeak

Post by freeak »

Electricity was amazing, and when it dropped into the next tune at the end that was cool. Never thought that they were going to play for so long as well!

Missed my last train home to kent and was stranded in london
jason_godman
Known user

Post by jason_godman »

Bobby Gillespie is really tall though or were you being sarcastic? There should be an emoticon that represents sarcasm. I also blagged my way into the upstairs bit by brandishing an A3 size poster that I took off the wall. The pass to get in had the same picture on it but was considerably smaller. I think the security fella thought it was amusing enough to let me in. I was too pissed to realise that spaceman would be up there. I shoulda hunted him down. oh well. Probably not a good idea to talk to your heroes anyway. I'm sure I would have become a gushing idiot.

Post by Guest »

I've got lots of little video clips BUT they are still BIG files so hopefully Chris Barras will put them on the web-site

http://www.quartzcity.net/gallery/spiritualized

my last lot are .... log on and enjoy . BRILLIANT gig. However London must you talk through the music ? it would never be done up in the polite North!

Elspeth x

Post by Guest »

has anyone got the setlist for this gig? I know that 'I Think I'm In Love' and 'Cop Shoot Cop' were played which were awesome. It was cool there was no barrier as well, so got a nice place right on the front. Superb.
Diskodolly

Forum Gig

Post by Diskodolly »

Ive caught Jason et all a couple of times, but Friday's Forum gig was one of the best. But ive gotta agree with Elspeth's comment, coming from a northern girl living in London, what disappointed me was the pissed up idiots at the front talking and even arguing, now i like to have a good time, but please guys - the rule is no fighting at a god damn Spiritualized gig. I thought that was common knowledge.

What did everyone think of Mr David Viner? I was loving his bluesy guitar :-)
Phlegmy Toad
New user

Post by Phlegmy Toad »

I'm new to Spiritualized and it would be great if someone posted a setlist. What was the song that went on forever with sax?
Mr Dave

Post by Mr Dave »

i'm pretty sure this was the setlist

electricity
shine a light
walkin jesus
hold on
she kissed me
lord rain on me
oh baby
anyting more
cheapster
this little life
let it flow
never goin back
richie lee
come together
broken heart
i think i'm in love
cop shoot cop
take your time
smiles

the song you are talking about with the sax is 'Cop Shoot Cop' which is the last song on the ladies and gentlemen album.
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

Not forgetting of course Things 'll Never be the Same to close out the gig....those strobes man!!
The Breeze
Known user

Post by The Breeze »

It was wicked to be standing in front of the sax player as he looked dead cool and sounded superb.

Nice to hear Anything More back in.

I made it two strings that Jay snapped. He got quite animated at one point, a bit like Mick Shrimpton when Artie Fufkin enters the hotel room.
Phlegmy Toad
New user

Post by Phlegmy Toad »

Forum gig review now at http://www.soundsxp.com/468.shtml
anorthernsoul
Known user

what is proverbially up, y'all

Post by anorthernsoul »

i've got a friend who was at the forum gig and aftershow ...
he's speaking very highly of the music played by the djs. did anyone recognise owt? there was autobahn 66 from what i hear, but, anything else??

m