Patti Smith and Kevin Shields!

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

duppyconquerer
Known user

Patti Smith and Kevin Shields!

Post by duppyconquerer »

"...are going to collaborate on a live recording of Smith's 'The Coral Sea' - on September 12th at the South Bank Center in London.

The gig will be divided into two parts. The first half will be a combination of new songs, spoken word pieces and overdubs from Smith plus other musicians.

She will preview songs plus a new political piece dedicated to children of the Lebanon.

Shields will act as musical director in the second half, for a performance of 'The Coral Sea', Smith's tribute to the Photographer Robert Mapplethorpe." (as reported on the NME website)

Live event of the year I reckon.
"I may flake out tonight if I cannot get my way"
anorthernsoul
Known user

Post by anorthernsoul »

i saw kev and patti do this at her meltdown last year, the coral sea part at least. it was brill-o. there's a bootleg floating about, although it's kind of strange listening to it without being immersed in waves of sweet sweet physical guitar sound.
mark
Known user

Post by mark »

considering going to this, don't like the venue though
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

Yeah i went along to that last year. At the end Patti smith had finished her vocals and went and sat with Kevin who was seated on a sofa playing guitar. And he was then playing solo. It was incredible. 'THAT' guitar sound.
The waves of violent/beautiful noise. still got it on my phone for those special moments.

genius!