Soledad Brothers?

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

thnkfstr
New user

Soledad Brothers?

Post by thnkfstr »

Anyone else go to a concert with them opening? How long have they been touring with Spz?

They played a damn good opening set both nights in Austin, and that tall guy's guest appearance on Cop Shoot Cop was amazing! Nothing wrong with a little amphet-blues to get you in the mood for a sonic onslaught from the spaceman :)

I was there early for the second night so I could get my spot on the speaker about two feet from Jason's stool, and the SB guys were just walking around the club and talking to those few people that recognized them. I complemented them on their show, and talked a little bit to the guy who plays with Spz on CsC. He said that they were in Detroit with Spz, and Jason just asked him to try it.

that should be a dream come true for that guy :P

Anyway, hats off to SB for great sets. Enjoyed them a lot more than BRMC. No reason why they shouldn't have a larger following. They had a sound similar to the Strokes and the White Stripes, except it was a little more 'tight' then the WS, and more energetic then the Strokes.
A genuis walks backwards into insanity
bcastle21
Known user

Post by bcastle21 »

yeah they were an awesome opening act...

i have all their albums, and while they are good, they really dont compare to thier live performances in pure energy
SpaceLine
Known user

Post by SpaceLine »

huh, i'm pretty sure he played that with them in Boston, second night of the tour. tall skinny guy who also plays a lot of sax on the last few soledad numbers right?
opete

soledad brothers

Post by opete »

i saw them in edinburgh and was very suprised, they were excellent, best support act ive ever seen
mh
Known user

Post by mh »

Saw them opening earlier this year. The lead singer attacked me later on when I was queuing for a pint. Tosspot.
soledad sister
Known user

Post by soledad sister »

the uk gaurdian voted solebros 10th best record of the year. Neat. Also they will have a song in the new Marvel comics' movie-fantastic 4's rock monster...not bad for three boys simply having fun. One can check out http://www.soledadbrothers.com for tour stuff and personal info. Did you know? Johnny Walker is actually a MD. Imagine hearing: Is there a doctor in the house? And johnny shows up. Brian, the tall guy who played sax on cop-shot-cop-classically trained musician-and Ben...well just look at him he radiates.

Post by guest »

I dont know. I saw the soledad brothers open up for them twice on this tour and they dont seem to be anything special. Another one of the many many white stripes-like bands. Generic rock n roll.

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:I dont know. I saw the soledad brothers open up for them twice on this tour and they dont seem to be anything special. Another one of the many many white stripes-like bands. Generic rock n roll.
Agreed. We referred to them as the White Morphine Strokes several times.