Next 3 downloads from St Mary's gig.

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

They Transmit
Known user

Next 3 downloads from St Mary's gig.

Post by They Transmit »

Due to Goodnightgoodnight's comments in the other download post it has pretty much soured the whole sharing thing for me, does the poster think I have nothing else to be getting on with than providing tracks to ungrateful board members; so these are the last 3 tracks I'm posting until I decide how best to distribute the full set to those who can say thanks and not just complain about getting the tracks they want.
To put it into context THE FULL set has been taken apart and put back together in the studio to provide the best possible boot leg for board members.

Love n peace
They Transmit

Straight and the narrow
http://www.yousendit.com/download/25m%2FGOq2wLg%3D

Cool Waves
http://www.yousendit.com/download/25m%2FGKkDQa8%3D

Amen
http://www.yousendit.com/download/25m%2FGBlAbWw%3D
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-lights-Become-lights/225847625393
ononist
Known user

Post by ononist »

You are the man Transit!
G*
Known user

Post by G* »

It's much appreciated. Top work.
Goodnightgoodnight
Known user

Post by Goodnightgoodnight »

I'm sorry, i really didn't mean to cause offence :oops: :oops: ... thanks very much for these, i do appreciate that you have other stuff to do... its all top stuff, i was just wondering if you had anymore prepared... Sorry again
Mustard
Known user

Post by Mustard »

Sterling job, Transit, as said before your good work is very much appreciated.
They Transmit
Known user

Post by They Transmit »

:D Peace :D
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-lights-Become-lights/225847625393
Goodnightgoodnight
Known user

Post by Goodnightgoodnight »

Cheers Mate... Those downloads are top :D
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

To put it into context THE FULL set has been taken apart and put back together in the studio to provide the best possible boot leg for board members.
Really appreaciate all your hard work! And thanks for sharing it on here! Really top stuff! thanks again!

si
ragmop
Known user

Post by ragmop »

cheers for these, it's good to hear stuff from the other shows, I recorded the QEH gig and will hopefully be putting some of that up in the next few days, it's also avalible for trade if anyone wants it
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

Thanks again!
darynm
Known user

thanks

Post by darynm »

massive thanks for all the hard work that you hve put into creating these recordings¬¬¬

Really appreciate it - big thanks

D
holmes
New user

Post by holmes »

Many, many thanks to everyone who has put time and effort into making these tracks available. MUCH appreciated!
nailik
Known user

Post by nailik »

Nice one, thanks a million from everyone who couldn';t get to the gigs.
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

yes, thanks again, it's really nice to have these.
and i am still very much looking forward to whatever official release there will be.
harmonia
Known user

Post by harmonia »

Many thanks again. I'm grateful to hear ANYTHING from the gig. It's your hard work and so it's your choice as to what you do with the rest of the tracks. I have to be honest though- I would LOVE to have a complete recording of the show so that in years to come I can come back to what I'm sure was a very special and emotional night for lots of people. Awesome, unique stuff. Can't readily think of anyone else in this country with balls to even attempt the gigs that Jason does. Long may he never come down.........
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

you guys are unknown legends :D
'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

The Nottingham and Leicester are both in my top 5 of all time Spiritualized gigs.
So to have recordings of the St Mary's Church evening up here already - and for them to be of such good quality is fantastic.

Good work fellas. You have helped keep the memory so vivid and prevented it from fading in time.
good dope/good fun
Known user

Post by good dope/good fun »

Obviously.................thanks.
But my question is, what device or equiptment was the gig recorded on that it so badly needed to go into a studio to be cleaned up..........???
Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

Starfish wrote:The Nottingham and Leicester are both in my top 5 of all time Spiritualized gigs.
So to have recordings of the St Mary's Church evening up here already - and for them to be of such good quality is fantastic.

Good work fellas. You have helped keep the memory so vivid and prevented it from fading in time.

I didn't go to Leicester but agree with you about Nottingham, although i can not use the word ''gig'' for such a beautiful evening in a beautiful church and being captivated by beautiful music and sound. For me it was much more than a gig. It's in my top 5 for sure, probably number one, and only a variation of the setlist will top it for me. For all of you who have not yet experienced an Acoustic Mainline but are going to, i'm sure your night will be as every bit special as Nottingham was for me.

To the people who have made it possible for me and many others to download but a few tracks, i'd like to say how very much i appreciate it. Spell-binding stuff guys and i'll hold on to these tracks forever.

Thank you.
Random Numbers
Known user

Post by Random Numbers »

good dope/good fun wrote:...what device or equiptment was the gig recorded on that itso badly needed to go into a studio to be cleaned up..........???
An iAudio x5 HDD mp3, using the in-built microphone, encoding at 128kbps. The whole thing was a spur of the moment decision, as when outside I remembered my little device could make a recording. The original is rather quiet and the strings are low in the mix. I posted the first two tracks in the Nottingham gig thread, and all I'd done was normalise the sound so no one was deafened by the applause. They Transmit volunteered to take the full file and use the studio facilities available to make it sound as good as possible. So what's being posted now are much enhanced versions thanks to They Transmit's generosity of time and studio skills. The originals were fine, but the enhanced versions are so much better - they glisten.
Last edited by Random Numbers on Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

The Jig wrote:
Starfish wrote:The Nottingham and Leicester are both in my top 5 of all time Spiritualized gigs.

I didn't go to Leicester but agree with you about Nottingham, although i can not use the word ''gig'' for such a beautiful evening in a beautiful church and being captivated by beautiful music and sound. For me it was much more than a gig. It's in my top 5 for sure, probably number one, and only a variation of the setlist will top it for me. For all of you who have not yet experienced an Acoustic Mainline but are going to, i'm sure your night will be as every bit special as Nottingham was for me.

To the people who have made it possible for me and many others to download but a few tracks, i'd like to say how very much i appreciate it. Spell-binding stuff guys and i'll hold on to these tracks forever.

Thank you.
I've just got tix for my local - The Sage and no Spz fans I know locally want to travel any further due to family commitments etc, but if anyone else from round here fancies driving (I don't, unfortunately)/arranging to travel to another gig where there are tickets left I'd be up for it...PM me for email contact if you're interested as I'd really like to see more than one concert on this, what could well be, one-off tour!
albrown
New user

Post by albrown »

Many, many thanks to They Transmit and Random numbers for making these songs available. I've seen J a dozen times since 1990 and he has never sounded better than he has on this tour. A wonderful memory. Thanks.
shalloboi
Known user

not to be redundant... again

Post by shalloboi »

but thanks very much. take as long as you need- hearing this stuff is worth it. thanks in particular for 'amen'- something i'd been dying to hear since i heard that they were playing. one of my favourite moments is during 'straight and the narrow' in the middle when that lady yells out 'oh my god!' ah, the joys of recording shows. it makes me miss it...
once again- thanks very much and look forward to what's coming up next.
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

let's hope the managemnent look at these threads and decided that it would be cost effective to release them officially as cd and dvd!!! here's hoping
'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'
flamingrev
Known user

Post by flamingrev »

Can anybody reload these or host them somewhere else? Amen is gone and I NEED it! Thanks to everybody for making these available...
ash
Known user

Post by ash »

http://mi-4.co.uk/mp3/

Only got enough space for the two at the moment!
. . . heligoland . . .
29.11.07 mécanique ondulatoire, paris // 16.01.08 divan du monde, paris
Neil
Known user

Post by Neil »

If anyone could post the tracks from St Mary's gig someone where it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Random Numbers
Known user

Post by Random Numbers »

Re-posts as requested if the first ones have reached the download limit

Straight and the Narrow
http://www.yousendit.com/download/kF25cg2mwLg%3D

Cool Waves
http://www.yousendit.com/download/kF2Om9tCoxM%3D

Amen
http://www.yousendit.com/download/kF2Lmy8%2FoxM%3D
spooks1
New user

Post by spooks1 »

thanks for the sounds fellas, good work indeed,ive got loads of older gigs up on soulseek, type spiritualized live and you will find me,spooks1, pm me first
mpop
New user

Post by mpop »

Hi

Many, many thanks for the files, but I can't seem to download the last one Amen, anybody else having trouble, fantastic gig at Leicester, hope we can have the rest of the gig sometime, would love to have Leicester, many thanks once again
Neil
Known user

Post by Neil »

Thanks for posting the tracks again
catweazel
Known user

Post by catweazel »

I had the same problem with Amen - just tried it now and its working!

many thanks for the upload and effort put into encoding the tracks - appreciated :)

I will be sorting out the Colchester gig v soon - It's very good audio with a great quality video (just one song) recorded on a DV Camera.

been a busy week but i will try to make some time this week.
davey
Known user

Post by davey »

Cheers, cheers and cheers.

Roll on the official release.......
nukisarocknrollstar
Known user

Post by nukisarocknrollstar »

thanks for the repost, i'm a bit slow :roll:
Daybird
New user

Post by Daybird »

I was fortunate enough to make it to the London and Colchester Acoustic Mainline gigs in October, and there aren't words to describe the experiences. I thought London was amazing, then to see it in such an intimate setting the next night just blew me away. It's a bit embarrassing to go backstage afterward and answer the question, "How was it?" by breaking down in tears. Thanks to everyone who posted the recordings!! If you didn't make it to the October shows, don't miss your chance in November!
Last edited by Daybird on Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daybird
New user

Post by Daybird »

Here's one minute of the Colchester show. It's kinda like looking through a keyhole....you know there's so much more, but it's just out of sight. Heavy sigh.......
http://download.yousendit.com/EE9A7CEB1726C410
ash
Known user

Post by ash »

My good man - presumably they're your photos - that is some lovely work. Just lovely.
. . . heligoland . . .
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

Daybird wrote:Here's one minute of the Colchester show. It's kinda like looking through a keyhole....you know there's so much more, but it's just out of sight. Heavy sigh.......
http://download.yousendit.com/EE9A7CEB1726C410
Hey that keyhole looks pretty good to me, many thaks!

Did you video much more, and if so any chance we can get it up on here?
Daybird
New user

Post by Daybird »

ash wrote:My good man - presumably they're your photos - that is some lovely work. Just lovely.
actually, I'm a girl, and yes, they are my photos....glad to share with everyone else who is so nice to share.

My little camera would only take a minute's worth of video at a time, so all I have is the one little bit of Goodnight. Unfortunately. Hopefully there will be good stuff after the November dates.....nudge, nudge to anyone holding tickets
duppyconquerer
Known user

Post by duppyconquerer »

Daybird wrote:....nudge, nudge to anyone holding tickets
I'll second that motion! Thanks for the photos Daybird...

And a massive thanks to Random Numbers and They Transmit for these recordings, it was a brilliant show and it's great that the people who couldn't catch it are getting to hear the sounds of this special tour, 'sitting on fire' gets me every time I hear it and you've captured the atmosphere perfectly

cheers
"I may flake out tonight if I cannot get my way"
ash
Known user

Post by ash »

Daybird wrote:actually, I'm a girl, and yes, they are my photos....glad to share with everyone else who is so nice to share.
Oops... sorry! It was more a turn of phrase than a gender determinate thing anyway.
. . . heligoland . . .
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

Daybird wrote: one little bit of Goodnight.
and what a nice little bit.
thanks!
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

ash wrote:http://mi-4.co.uk/mp3/

Only got enough space for the two at the moment!
"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /mp3/Track 6- Amen.mp3 on this server.

Apache/1.3.36 Server at mi-4.co.uk Port 80"
ash
Known user

Post by ash »

Dang. Just had to sort out the permissions. All fixed now :)
Last edited by ash on Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
. . . heligoland . . .
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

ash wrote:
Daybird wrote:actually, I'm a girl, and yes, they are my photos....glad to share with everyone else who is so nice to share.
Oops... sorry! It was more a turn of phrase than a gender determinate thing anyway.
Yeah I'll second that emotion...it's nice, to be nice, to the nice (Frank Burns - mid 70's)... many thanks for the photos and all the good work and studio effort put in to the St Mary's recordings. Afraid the only device I have to use at the shows I'm seeing in a few weeks is my phone camera, which has the lense in just the right place that half the pics I take have my finger in close-up, obscuring the image!

Will try and get some good close-ups at The Sage (hopefully I'll have a decent digi camera for that but not sure how well it would go down if I positioned myself away from my seat for a good shot - the staff may be mostly canny but I've learnt through bitter experience, along with other folks from the last gig there, how anally retentive they can be in enforcing rules) but for the Edinburgh gig my ticket is 'balcony standing' and I have it on good authority (ironically from the venue itself among others) that is a really good view (I assume you need to be at the front but still...) and plan to be in a sober position to capture some footage from there if anyone who's meeting up with us there wants to contribute to the cause!

Fortunately for Edinburgh we'll be joined by a native, very familiar with the venue, so should get a good steer from him re recording/video capture & staff attitude.

Best, G.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

To Random Numbers and They Transmit -

Big cheers for all the hard work, both in recording these tunes [Random] and They Transmit's awesome studio magic.

Ok, i've only heard a couple here but the song 'Baby i'm just a fool' is probably one of the best tunes i've heard for a while.

Much appreciated - and guess i'll be seeing you at Edinburgh!

PS - my ticket says 'unreserved/gallery standing' - is that different from the balcony and how?

Just a fortnight now... :wink:

And Daybird those photos are excellent. Sounds like it was a goog gig...
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

Guess I'll be seeing you there - my ticket will just say 'Balcony Standing' and isn't out - I have to collect from the venue before the gig. Did you buy yours via Seetickets.com?
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Nah, it was TicketWeb, whoever they are. I think I followed a link someone kindly posted here the week the gigs were announced.
The tickets arrived a few days later.
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

BzaInSpace wrote:Nah, it was TicketWeb, whoever they are. I think I followed a link someone kindly posted here the week the gigs were announced.
The tickets arrived a few days later.
Oh. You meeting up in the pub as Shaun arranged?
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

I haven't heard where or when yet!

But hopefully so.
Elspeth M Moore
Known user

Post by Elspeth M Moore »

please please please is it possible to get the song that started something like "it was a black day" - i loved that song SO much and need to hear it before the next gig I'm going to (The Sage) look forward to seeing mi new buddies from Leicester there! (rock an roll star)

I still haven't taken the images off my camera how slack is that! - and me a photographer an all.... sorry will try and get that sorted in the next couple of days.

only 10 sleeps wo hooooo :lol:
Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

Elspeth M Moore wrote:please please please is it possible to get the song that started something like "it was a black day" - i loved that song SO much and need to hear it before the next gig I'm going to (The Sage) look forward to seeing mi new buddies from Leicester there! (rock an roll star)

I still haven't taken the images off my camera how slack is that! - and me a photographer an all.... sorry will try and get that sorted in the next couple of days.

Hope you get your song but i'm sure it will be worth the wait if you don't.

Have been thinking about going to The Sage gig but it just isn't viable, will have to make do with the following 2 nights instead. Have a great gig anyway.