Right, so who's all going to the Edinburgh gig?

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

Zenchan
Known user

Right, so who's all going to the Edinburgh gig?

Post by Zenchan »

*Raises hand*

Pints beforehand?
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

one hand more.

second hand for holding a glass with ALCOHOL.

we love to drink don't we.
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

Me too - am getting the train (GNER east coast mainline) in the afternoon from Newcastle but fairly sure mine starts in London, in case anyone wanted to meet up for the journey.
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

i'm travelling with a party of about 6... me, the wife, my sis, my uncle, my mate, his brother and possibly another 2 friends

Won't make it into Edinburgh too early so will probably head straight to gig. Hope to see lots of you there. I'll be the guy in the cowboy shirt!
Jasonsmith
Known user

Post by Jasonsmith »

I'll be wearing a 'Whiplash the Cowboy Monkey' t-shirt :D http://www.whiplashrides.com/
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

If I can manage to carefully iron my new(ish) Spacemen 3 t shirt then you'll not miss the amazingly bright colours on the triangle, although it's possible I won't be the only one wearing one...still makes a good conversation starter :D
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

I'm going with Veiko and the Jig....we're also going to Manchester the previous night.
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

Ads wrote:I'm going with Veiko and the Jig....we're also going to Manchester the previous night.
I know! Actually Shaun told me - there's a pub near Waverly I'm meeting you lot in. My train comes in around 4.30.

It's unfortunate that Hibs are playing Celtic on Sunday as I'm staying over with a reletive in Edinburgh and will be around until 9pm Sunday, but I'm guessing the pubs will all be pretty busy in the afternoon.

I'm going to The Sage on the Thursday, not sure whether I'll meet anyone from here there though unless by chance. Then hopefully will go see BJM at the Uni on Friday, even if I have to go on my own (bloody friends with wives and children!) as enjoyed the Koko's gig so much in June.
ORBITAL
Known user
Location: Drinking Breaker at night, in the cold duchess light.

Post by ORBITAL »

I'm going too.
Work is the scourge of the drinking classes
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

I'm going!

Hopefully I'll meet up with some of you before if the timing is right. Pints before? Aye!

I'll be the guy in the silver spacesuit....

:wink:
Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

ORBITAL wrote:I'm going too.

So am i, on the lash.
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

My memory's crap - are we all the people I think we are from PMs/emails etc? I've put my mail address that forwards to my Outlook in public now, in case anyone wants to contact me. I think I've already taken care of who's getting a comp but let me know in case I've got it wrong. Veiko - since you making such an effort to get here for the Spacemen cause, will run you off a copy no probs. Also someone PM'd me about arrangements but I forgot who and find this PM thing very un-user friendly for archiving - send me an email if it was important in any way!

Sorry to be so inept, but looking forward to meeting all you folks in Edinburgh, putting faces to names etc.
assoc.
Known user

Post by assoc. »

me and the wife are going...
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

assoc. wrote:me and the wife are going...
Does mark know you call him that? :wink:
assoc.
Known user

Post by assoc. »

tsk ads...

shouldn't you be kicking peoples skirting boards and tutting that you'll never get the job finished before xmas :wink:
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

mojo filters wrote:Veiko - since you making such an effort to get here for the Spacemen cause, will run you off a copy no probs.
wellwellwell, i am delighted.

i'm so awfully busy right now (beard is getting nasty), so i can't make compilations for you mojo f.
will send you some discs later.

sad that i can't bring estonian beer for everyone, just can't carry too much weight.

if you see tens of fans together then know those are "us". a proper space rock pile up.
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

veiko wrote:
mojo filters wrote:Veiko - since you making such an effort to get here for the Spacemen cause, will run you off a copy no probs.
wellwellwell, i am delighted.

i'm so awfully busy right now (beard is getting nasty), so i can't make compilations for you mojo f.
will send you some discs later.

sad that i can't bring estonian beer for everyone, just can't carry too much weight.

if you see tens of fans together then know those are "us". a proper space rock pile up.
No worries - I might have a few extras to bring if other folks want, though they are likely to be a bit different in some way than the finished product, as got through lots of discs and paper when experimenting!

Ironically I need a shave, because I've not been working for a few weeks!
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

i'll be the guy in the red and white.
ORBITAL
Known user
Location: Drinking Breaker at night, in the cold duchess light.

Post by ORBITAL »

I'll be handing out orange clubs to all my friends.
Work is the scourge of the drinking classes
ribblemanilla
Known user

Post by ribblemanilla »

How's it going folks?
I'm headin over from Dublin for the Edinburgh gig on Sat. Can anyone who knows give me some braod details on where the venue is in relation to the city centre/best way to get their etc?

Cheers,

Cant fuckin wait for this gig
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

ribblemanilla wrote:How's it going folks?
I'm headin over from Dublin for the Edinburgh gig on Sat. Can anyone who knows give me some braod details on where the venue is in relation to the city centre/best way to get their etc?

Cheers,

Cant fuckin wait for this gig
I know it's not in the centre of town but email (please don't PM!) as I have contacts up that way that way that can help, if you can give a few more specifics.

Best Gx.
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

If you can get to Waverly train station (right in the heart of Edinburgh), i think you just head along North Bridge Rd and onto Clerk St (which is effectively the same road) about a mile or so along (trying to remember from when we went to the Flux show)
ribblemanilla
Known user

Post by ribblemanilla »

Cheers folks, reckon I have an idea where it is now.
See youse at the gig.
Zenchan
Known user

Post by Zenchan »

The Kwisatz Haderach
Known user

Post by The Kwisatz Haderach »

im there, cant come quick enough. enjoying a pub crawl with two mates first, one who nows shit about spiritualized. it should be an education for the man.
candy-cane-girl
Known user

Post by candy-cane-girl »

Anyone got a spare ticket? im seriously considering getting the train up there today, the sage was fantastic.
pikeychinchilla
New user

Post by pikeychinchilla »

Two of my friends have just found out they cant make it. I'm more than happy to give them to anyone at face value. Let me know asap.
candy-cane-girl
Known user

really????
pikeychinchilla
New user

Yeah, seriously. It's yours if you want. Had visions of me just giving it to a tout for nothing, which I really hate doing so prefer to give it to a proper fan. I've got two tickets if any of your friends are interested.
candy-cane-girl
Known user

im just checking train times ill be back in 5
candy-cane-girl
Known user

Yeeouch, £90 for me and the little one, ill just make a couple of calls....
candy-cane-girl
Known user

Oh bugger me sister (who would be looking after the little one) does not finish until nine.

Tell me why i didnt think of this yesterday.

I wouldnt pass them to a tout, give them to the venue, who might sell them on at a realistic price, ill bet who gets them then will enjoy it, sorry for the thought dump on the thread....
pikeychinchilla
New user

No bother. If you do want them, then my number is 07894871472. I should be in Edinburgh from about 6 onwards. My name's Ross, by the way.
pikeychinchilla
New user

No worries. Shame you cant make it. If anyone else is interested in a couple of spare tickets at face value then give me a call on the number above. Cheers.