BJM / Jason

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

BVCP206
Known user

BJM / Jason

Post by BVCP206 »

BJM @ Leeds UNI Thursday and J Spaceman @ Lowry on Friday does it get any better? :D Well yes it does actually as we are going for a pre-match meal on the curry mile in Rusholme before Jason! :D
'Remember, change is not good'
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

i saw tibetan monks on the fri then jason on the sunday, that was a pretty good weekend
'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'
anorthernsoul
Known user

Post by anorthernsoul »

tibetan monks
that sounds interesting. what was it like? the only music i've heard by tibetan monks didn't really capture my attention, it was the chiming of symbols and cups of water and things. what was the concert like, though?
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

anorthernsoul wrote:
tibetan monks
that sounds interesting. what was it like? the only music i've heard by tibetan monks didn't really capture my attention, it was the chiming of symbols and cups of water and things. what was the concert like, though?
it was actually really really good. there was chanting and the giant horns and bells but there was also very dramatic masked dances, acting out a myth for Bhudist folklore, (did you know they actually have gods and spirits???), which left me slack jawed. seriously if you ever get the chance go and see it. it was beautiful and dramatic. a wonderful night. i got so much from it personaly as well as having a great time.

i agree that a lot of recorded monk music fails to light the fires but live, as most things, it really sucks you in and fills your mind.
'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'