Gig at Philharmonic Hall, Liverpool confirmed Jun 2004

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

Scouser to the gravepvine

Gig at Philharmonic Hall, Liverpool confirmed Jun 2004

Post by Scouser to the gravepvine »

Just heard the band are confirmed for 24th June 2004 at the Phil in Liverpool.
Brove
Known user

Post by Brove »

where can you get tickets mate? do you have a number?
one day you'll be alone with the whole world staring at you
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

oh tremendous - I'm there.

you know what that means though - its a warm up for Glastonbbury by the sounds of it, so it sounds like they will definately be there...
untitled
New user

Post by untitled »

clewsr wrote:oh tremendous - I'm there.

you know what that means though - its a warm up for Glastonbbury by the sounds of it, so it sounds like they will definately be there...
That is what I thought. I am all excited now.
estee
Known user

Post by estee »

Anybody know when the tickets are on sale ??
Ellie021796

Post by Ellie021796 »

Liverpool - I wanna go too .... let me know if you know
pleeeease :lol:
elspeth.moore@ntlworld.com
Ellie021796

tickets !!!!!!

Post by Ellie021796 »

if you phone the box office

0151 709 3789

just gone on sale
the box office is going to be closed from the 8th - 14th April so get in early !!! and see you there .
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brove
Known user

Post by Brove »

can you book them online? got an adress?
Jebus Sabes
Known user

Post by Jebus Sabes »

http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketP ... _val=21411

should offer tickets online, but doesn't have Spiritualized listed currently.

Note that on the next night is Elkie Brooks, and the next night is Peter Andre. What a triple header!
Ellie021796

Post by Ellie021796 »

ha ha yeah I might just hide under my seat to hear "Pearls a singer" and of course, "Insania"

or actually maybe not :lol:
the son of tc lethbridge

liverpool

Post by the son of tc lethbridge »

to whoever it was who posted the original message up:
cheers for the heads up - tickets are on sale, £16 plus a £1 for booking/delivery so yeah, a real bargain.
was at york, saw both shows, was at leeds, liverpool and manchester earleir in the year.
so philarmonic hall eh? be a good show. again cheers for the heads up!

get your tickets quick. the adverts go up son sale soon with advertising i found out today when i got mine. front row.
scouser to the grapevine

Re: liverpool

Post by scouser to the grapevine »

[quote="the son of tc lethbridge"]to whoever it was who posted the original message up:
cheers for the heads up - tickets are on sale, £16 plus a £1 for booking/delivery so yeah, a real bargain.
was at york, saw both shows, was at leeds, liverpool and manchester earleir in the year.
quote]

you're welcome mate. tickets are on sale at http://www.liverpoolphil.com .... and the support is confirmed as The Stands !!!! Gonna be a good un
scouser to the grapevine

Re: liverpool

Post by scouser to the grapevine »

[quote="the son of tc lethbridge"]to whoever it was who posted the original message up:
quote]

you're welcome mate. tickets are on sale at http://www.liverpoolphil.com .... and the support is confirmed as The Stands !!!! Gonna be a good un
sotg

Post by sotg »

online sales from tomorrow ... soz.
ellie021796

Hummmmm

Post by ellie021796 »

already wondering wether or not to take my digi camera -

sat on row B in the middle (so for some reason that means the front row.)

does anyone think it'll be filmed or recorded - I mean it should be shouldn't it.

and if you can't run around then how will I supress my need to dance- it's gonna be difficult, sigh

Did anyone go to the Albert Hall that may have any tips ?

Elspeth
ORBITAL
Known user
Location: Drinking Breaker at night, in the cold duchess light.

Post by ORBITAL »

Wot kind of show is it going to be. Alredy seen them twice on this tour so dont want to go to the same show again. Is it gonna be like the RAH show?
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

I doubt anyone knows that. Philarmonic is a very nice posh venue, [saw yo la tengo there a while ago], So that could indicate soemthing a bit more refined that the last tour, but not necessairily. It could just be a coindicence that its in a different kind of venue. It seems incredibly likely that its a glasonbury warm up though, so I'd expect whatever is heard hear to be heard at glastonbury..
SOTG

Re: Hummmmm

Post by SOTG »

ellie021796 wrote:already wondering wether or not to take my digi camera -
I wouldn't, they're not allowed in the hall.
sat on row B in the middle (so for some reason that means the front row.)
coz the front of the stage is curved, so row a is at the sides only
does anyone think it'll be filmed or recorded - I mean it should be shouldn't it.
- but it won't be.
and if you can't run around then how will I supress my need to dance- it's gonna be difficult, sigh
you're allowed to stand in your seat and dance, just not in the aisles or right in front of stage
Did anyone go to the Albert Hall that may have any tips ?

Elspeth

Post by Guest »

clewsr wrote:I doubt anyone knows that.
indeed.
clewsr wrote:Philarmonic is a very nice posh venue,
posh ???? *ahem*
clewsr wrote:saw yo la tengo there a while ago
great gig that, eh ? i loved it.
clewsr wrote: So that could indicate soemthing a bit more refined that the last tour, but not necessairily. It could just be a coindicence that its in a different kind of venue. It seems incredibly likely that its a glasonbury warm up though, so I'd expect whatever is heard hear to be heard at glastonbury..
SOTG

Post by SOTG »

clewsr wrote:I doubt anyone knows that.
indeed.
clewsr wrote:Philarmonic is a very nice posh venue,
posh ???? *ahem*
clewsr wrote:saw yo la tengo there a while ago
great gig that, eh ? i loved it.
clewsr wrote: So that could indicate soemthing a bit more refined that the last tour, but not necessairily. It could just be a coindicence that its in a different kind of venue. It seems incredibly likely that its a glasonbury warm up though, so I'd expect whatever is heard hear to be heard at glastonbury..
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

- but it won't be.

Wanna bet?
you're allowed to stand in your seat and dance, just not in the aisles or right in front of stage

Who the hell are you? THE POLICE??? If Jason does a little dance will that be against the law too?

Bootleggers of the world unite........

.....and flood the market with dodgy quality gigs..... :twisted:
sons of tc lethbridge

liverpool philarmonic

Post by sons of tc lethbridge »

well- if all you are going to do is moan dont bloody go!
bootleg it. film it, do what you want - jesus.. sick off you whinging 'fanss'... christ. use your brains for once will you. is this a glasto warm up? derrrr!
are you all thick? what do you reckon? c'mon - get with the program eh?
the philarmonic - no way will it be anything like the albert hall, the a.h. is bigger and holds more, if you want to compare this gig to anything think back to the cardiff uni gig a few years back when they played there before traveliing to glastonbury!
and if any of you tits are there with your poxy cameras and shite like that and moaning and talking the whole way through the gig, god help me!
all i hear these days is can i do this, can i film, can i get a copy of the fibbers gig, can i go on the thread...
message board my arse! its a blaggers paradise!
if you dont like it dont go - simple!
Elspeth
Known user

hahahaha hohohoho

Post by Elspeth »

well thank-you for all your advice,

I'm saddened that my camera (movie) won't be allowed in -
but the sound hummmm go on BzaInSpace -
if you do you let me know ok ! :wink: I might try too .

be a bit sad to dance on the front row thus masking the whole of the gig for 6 six rows behind me - but will have to do as the feeling takes me I guess.

Elspeth (aka Ellie)
sons of tc lethbridge

sensible

Post by sons of tc lethbridge »

a sensible reply elspeth - were in a seated venue so the people at the front who get up and dance will ruin it for all others, whether it be 6 rows back or 60!
god bless you my child for your wisdom!
Elspeth
Known user

Post by Elspeth »

ah well I might end up dancing flat on my back on the floor like whatisname from Talking Heads :lol:

hahaha

Oh on second thoughts maybe not someone might mistake my dancing for an epiletic fit brought on by the strobe light fest :shock:

Elspeth
x
Jasonsmith
Known user

Post by Jasonsmith »

Why not splash out an extra fiver for a box seat like what I have? I guess you can get up to pretty much what you want to (as long as you don't frighten the horses)
Jasonsmith
Known user

Post by Jasonsmith »

Why not splash out an extra fiver for a box seat like what I have? I guess you can get up to pretty much what you want to (as long as you don't frighten the horses)
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

BzaInSpace wrote:

If Jason does a little dance will that be against the law too?
:
:lol: How I wish that would happen...

Post by Guest »

BzaInSpace wrote: Who the hell are you? THE POLICE???
no m8, the promoter and Licensee !!! Look forward to seeing ya !

over and out
Brove
Known user

Post by Brove »

has this gig sold out yet?
Elspeth
Known user

Post by Elspeth »

dunno ring them up - box office should still be open number left before ...

good luck

Elspeth :)

Post by Guest »

cheers, i've got my ticket, my mate wants to go but hasn't got a ticket yet & just wondered if it had sold out.

Post by Guest »

Tickets still available today (13 May). Just got mine on-line.
Elspeth
Known user

Post by Elspeth »

I'm so excited too - I jumped up and down today with the thought !
:P
come and say hello if you see me, I always have blonde platts in my hair (see photo of me and Jason on the quartzcity web-site) - I'm not a nerd honest, (always sound like one on here)

but hope if you come and speak to me that you aren't too !

Elspeth

YESSSSSSS ENGLAND just scored again ! COME ON .
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

I'm banking on France drawing with Switerland and England beating Croatia so we win the group and play on a different day....ok, unlikely I know.

I was warned this might happened by my more football savvy friends when I booked the tickets. Reckon i'll be in from the start but I'll have to wait and see....
sunny
Site Admin

Tix for sale

Post by sunny »

I have just found out me and my mates can't go to the gig, so I have three tickets for sale. I'll sell them at cost £16/each, plus postage. (The tickets are in row E)

If anyone's interested let me know a.s.a.p so that I can get them to you in time.

Sunny

Post by Guest »

just got 4 tickets from probe£1.50 each
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

really? £1.50! :shock:
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

just got this timing information for those caught between Spritualized and a European cup quarter final

Doors 7.00
The Stands 7.55
Interval 8.35
Spritualized 9.05
Close 11.05

So I think I will forgo the Stands to catch the first half. I wish they'd delay the Spiritualized start time until 10.00...
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

it is a massive quandry isn't it. I think my first choice will be the Philarmonic pub which is literally across the road. I imagine they will have screens, but it isn't normally that kind of football watching pub. 50 yards further down the hill on hardman street is a Firkin pub - although this will be jammed.

At least the set looks as if it will be two hours long, so if the footy is too tense to leave only the first 1/2 hour should be missed. Of course you're right - extra time and penalties will ruin all that. To alleviate the pain of missing a bit of spiritualized I'm already working on my girlfriend to come up to the wicker man festival in July...
david

Post by david »

i'm an optimist so have it in my head that i'll be able to get from the philharmonic back to ours without overhearing the result and then cocoon myself till they show it all over again on ITV at 1am or thereabouts
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

really looking forward to the show now. Got home from work early got an old live show on the stereo and relaxing :wink:

Its going to be a bit mental with the match on as well, although just spoke to the phil and they're considering putting the show back to 9.30. I'll call back later and if I hear anything I'll try to post it.
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

its 9.30
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

We watched at a bar called 3345 until about the 80 minute, hoping that somehow we'd survive at 1-0. A loud shout of 'Tw*t' when we were outside told me that we hadn't.

Got a taxi up to the phil and the game was screened on to a wall in there. We saw the goal that definately was a goal and that should have been that.

The band came on, sometime later someone shouted that england were out. We went home and watched the whole of extra time and penalties hoping without any hope. I even knew Beckham was going to miss after soemthing the taxi driver said.

I've decided I'm not a fan of non live football. Somehow its even more painfull and depressing.

Spiritualized were ok, but they played a bit too deep, and lacked any midfield bite.
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

what was the setlist?
candy-cane-girlforgotpass

Post by candy-cane-girlforgotpass »

Electricty
Shine a light
walking with jesus
she kissed me
lord let it rain on me
oh baby
cheapster
never going back
let it flow
come together
broken heart
think im in love
run
take your time
smiles

Thanks to the the dude who took me backstage i now have a signed set list ;)

The band enjoyed the night and we did too!

And the new album is apparently "a masterpiece" it just aint recorded yet :D
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

Did they say when its going to be recorded? or what it sounds like?
jb
Known user

Post by jb »

This is almost exactly the same set that got played on the UK tour about 6 months ago. Doesn't JP get bored of dragging the same set all over the place..or is he that lazy?
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

I hope they do something different for Royal Festival Hall.
jb
Known user

Post by jb »

They might open with 'All of My Tears' instead of 'Electricity'. That would be a shock to the system!

Post by Guest »

JP's timing was brilliant last night... the band started on Broken Heart just as all those who'd been out to watch the football trooped back into the hall!

What did others think of the venue? I didn't think it was well suited to a "rock" gig. And when they chucked that guy for dancing...!
Geoff
Known user

Post by Geoff »

I thought the venue last night was appalling, it was like stepping back into the 1950's. I imagine Ken Dodd would have gone down a storm in there. The acoustics were non too clever as well.
I was nearly thrown out for smoking (a cigarette!) and I can't believe the dancer was thrown out. Has the world gone mad?!
I made the decision to jack the football in after the disallowed goal and made it just in time - one of my better choices.
Quality gig as usual, any chance of them appearing on BBC3 tonight at Glastonbury, nah, probably not.
Anyone got any info on when the next album's out?
rocknroll
New user

Post by rocknroll »

it was a good gig, wasn't completely blown away tho. some special moments, but i agree about the set list being predictable. was expecting something unique to the gig. maybe rare songs or a choir/brass. i saw them at glasto98 with the horns&backing vocals and with this being a warm up, thought we might have saw a repeat. especially considering the 'posh' venue. does any one know why they chose the philli? liked the novelty of the venue,very grand. but when they were playing, it felt a little distant! :? let it flow, broken heart & cheapster were magic. my girlfriend isn't familiar with them but, she said she enjoyed it! :shock: missed the dancer! must have been behind us. the guy in rowB on the left hand side was very enthusiastic too! :D

Post by Guest »

glastonbury set to be broadcast live and complete on BBCi
candy-cane-girlforgotpass

Post by candy-cane-girlforgotpass »

Is anyone recording it?
the sons of tc lethbridge

to candy-cane-girlforgotpass: i was that dude!

Post by the sons of tc lethbridge »

to candy-cane-girlforgotpass
i was that dude!
did you stick around a long time? i saw you for a bit but i was on the buffet hahahha - how rock n roll? salad sandwiched and san pellegrino!
glad you got your set list signed though, you seemed well made up when we went through
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

jb wrote:This is almost exactly the same set that got played on the UK tour about 6 months ago. Doesn't JP get bored of dragging the same set all over the place..or is he that lazy?
.. and yet in interview he always trots out the line about the band never being the same on two nights, about how he can't see the point of bands who play the same stuff every time they play.
Sure, I've seen them more than once on the same tour and some nights are better than others, but I truly believe that Jason thinks the current line-up are akin to the free-form jazz greats. He thinks each night hits a peak of improvisation. It doesn't. And the white noise moments, may feel like improv, but they are pretty much all the same and not exactly challenging, artistically.

Having said that, I didn't see them at the Phil, nor at Glasto, so feel free to tell me where I got it wrong.
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

I think you got that quite spot on. The Phil show had nothing new to report, and was if anything not as good as the last Liverpool show in February. I was hoping for something a bit different, a extra musician or something, and change in the sound or the style - a new song even(!)

I suppose it was a warm up for Glastonbury - so you're not necessarily going to change the set list for a show when there's going to be a lot of people watching who don't regularly see spz, and therefore aren't bored silly with the setlist, but a bit of variety would have been nice... - Perhaps at the RFH??? Hope springs eternal. - Although I'm not sure what that actually means.
mrs spaceman
New user

Post by mrs spaceman »

[quote="I can't believe the dancer was thrown out. Has the world gone mad?!
I saw the dancing guy in a box at the end of the night!!! The set Was GREAT, but at times I felt like I was in a train station, too many people walking in and out!!!!
mrs spaceman x
Elspeth
Known user

Post by Elspeth »

well at last I've had a moment to shove my opinion, for what it's worth on here. I really enjoyed the gig - although as "Think I'm in love" started it nearly killed me not to get up and dance- as I was smack at the front in the middle I did get a bit of leg room to move mi feet around but it wasn't what my body needed to do.

I managed to get some photos (probably better than the bloke who insisted in standing right in front of the stage at the end) I try not to use flash as it's not how Spz arrange the lighting - btw what happened to the strobes ? missed my bit of being blinded - as ever if you want copies sending to you just e-mail me and I shall send them back as huge files for you to print out at your lesure, alternativly just hang on and they'll no doubt end up on the quartzcity web-site (shall post a message when they are) not as many as usual as I was scared of getting booted out.

Nice to meet you David and Shaun missed you Candy-Cane-Girl maybe at another gig eh !

HOWEVER I must add that The Stands were BRILLIANT well done lads,
great enthusiasm we bought their CD on the way home.

Elspeth x

elspeth.moore@ntlworld.com

Post by Guest »

"The Stands were brilliant"?!

I thought they were utterly derivative. They've spent too much time listening to their Byrds, Cream & Santana albums. They offered nothing new.

And the last track they played was AWFUL. It included a 3 minute drum solo, for god's sake...!
Elspeth
Known user

Post by Elspeth »

well ok the last offering was a little errrrr ummmmmm over the top, but I enjoyed the rest- agree about the Byrds, but hey I like them so what's wrong with a cool influence ? better than been influenced by Black Lace !
:wink:
candy-cane-girl
Known user

Post by candy-cane-girl »

Thank you very muchly!!

How wonderful you showed up on here, i have a lot to owe you, i think my b/f was more made up then me when they said we could go get him, and its ok about the salad bar, i had me vodka i was sorted!

we missed the stands, as we didnt set off till 8 ooo the shame!

Still considering we didnt get there till late, out seats were pretty good, my leg got sore through all the tapping i was doing i think i may have slapped me b/fs leg a bit too hard and some point too!

This year music wise has been my best one so far, ive seen some great acts and met som lovely ppl.

Of all the ppl i have seen:
The soledads
beta band
white stripes
spiritualized
david viner
von bondies
plus any others the white stripes and von bondies are the only ones i havent met, anyone wishing to tell me how i can id sit and listen :D

Get sharing those photso hunny! also if anyone sees the torrent of glastonbury up for a share gimme a buzz please ;)
a beautiful noise
Known user

Post by a beautiful noise »

david viner, i just bought his cd. quite a bit shambolic, but i do like most of his tracks. would luv to see him live, how was he???

xxxshonnxxx

Post by Guest »

Elspeth wrote:well ok the last offering was a little errrrr ummmmmm over the top
- that's a kind way to describe it!
Elspeth wrote:better than been influenced by Black Lace !
- how true that is!
candy-cane-girl
Known user

Post by candy-cane-girl »

David viner is brilliant, i wont hear a bad word said against him (i have a strange obsession with him).

Did you get his 1st or second album?