edinburgh 25-11-06-lossless flacs-download full bootleg here

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

weebobby
Known user

edinburgh 25-11-06-lossless flacs-download full bootleg here

Post by weebobby »

Last edited by weebobby on Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
dselevan
Known user

Post by dselevan »

Cool! DO you happen to have the show on mp3? Wow that would be great to hear along with the setlist.
The Kwisatz Haderach
Known user

Post by The Kwisatz Haderach »

you cheeky rascal! i was standing, i was well jealous when i saw you pull that one off. i stood at the stage for the last tune and spaceman exited, half of his songbook spilled out onstage, to which he was oblivious. i grabbed it, nobody challenged me and for about 2 minutes i contemplated taking it . i couldnt do it. i gave it to the horrifed sound engineer who ran backstage with it immiediatly! great gig, better than the flux shows. also met doggen who had a wee chat with me and mate, very sound guy!
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

It was the most selfish, inconsiderate and downright rude audience that i've ever been a member of. :evil:

Not just for the two bitches that talked through the entire show next to me pissed on cheap cider they had smuggled in, or the two cunts behind me who discussed their day and dinner for most of the show or two arseholes at the end of our row who were shouting things like "Starship" and "MC5"

I'm sorry, but i paid £17.50 for the privilege of hearing one of the best composers of modern times play songs that are beautiful, uplifting and simply some of the best music we'll ever hear in our lifetimes... not to listen to those two fucking cows fail miserably to sing along at the tops of their voices without having any idea of the lyrics!!!!!! I had to bite my tongue so many fucking times... i had to stop my sister from kicking her fucking head in!!! I shouldn't have bothered...

Its was a fantastic show, it was some of the greatest Spiritualized stuff i've ever heard/saw Jason present and for that reason alone it will remain one of the greatest shows i've ever been to, but I am extremely jealous of all those people who spoke of the other gigs they were at and how well the audience respected the setting and atmosphere that was appropriate to the show.

Ben (Crook), if you see Jason, tell him to never play Edinburgh again! Spiritualized is wasted on them fuckers!
Zenchan
Known user

Post by Zenchan »

I was down the front and no-one was talking in the audience down there. It was absolutely fantastic!
weebobby
Known user

Post by weebobby »

I can't take the credit for the setlist skullduggery, you can thank moggieb0y for that. More MP3's soon...
Last edited by weebobby on Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

I was sitting in the seats just to the left of the front, and like Zenchan said, the crowd were really quiet down there. Of course, we could hear the odd arsehole shouting from up the back, but it didn't really detract from the gig too much from where I was sat. It was a truly wonderful gig, and I was pleased to see such a large crowd there :D

I liked Jason's songbook, a crumpled A4 document with "The Book Of Sin" written on the front in large ominous letters :D
candy-cane-girl
Known user

Post by candy-cane-girl »

Cheeky!

Am grabbing the file now :) Glad (most) of you had a goodnight. from my experience of gigs in edinburgh, im afraid the chatting is the norm, which is such a shame. Still i dont think they should not return there, maybe hire some people to stand at the back and shush the loud crowd.
candy-cane-girl
Known user

Holy moly.

That sounds good, cant wait to hear what the rest turned out like.

I dont know if i missed the sing along at the start you lot seemed to of experienced, but i guess different venues have different ways of making you respond, the sage was very quiet i think the venue definetly had something to do with it. (and obviously the knobs shouting Jason), makes you wonder why they do it? Do they think he forgets his name? Still manages to send me goosebumpy.
pikeychinchilla
New user

Post by pikeychinchilla »

I was up on the balcony and thought a lot of the gig was ruined by drunken wankers talking through it, and then singing off-key at the more popular songs. And what was with the spontaneous cheering during some parts?

I hope that if this tour has been recorded for a live album and/or dvd, then it was with a more respectful audience.

Sorry for the rant, apart from that it was a brilliant show.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

:shock:

Just back from a pretty insane 48 hours with the Queen's Hall happening somewhere in the middle...
The show itself was unbelievable. The sound was really good, the tunes are sounding fantastic. "Baby i'm just a fool.."

Even the mad fucked up punter that was standing right next to me on the balcony throughout, shouting sweary madness and telling me he's "a drummer" right in the middle of songs couldn't spoil it. Like I care pal!
And then apologising to everyone, loudly, that he was being fucked up...then doing it again. At that point I wished I could do a Bruce Lee nerve pinch, no shit...

Laz you must have been nearby. Some crazy punters!

But fuck it, the atmosphere was incredible. 'Going Down slow' - wow!

Big shouts to Veiko, Jig, Ads and Orbital [and the posse] - hope you are feeling better mate.

Now its time to sleep - at last

:lol:
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

BzaInSpace wrote::shock:

Just back from a pretty insane 48 hours with the Queen's Hall happening somewhere in the middle...:
fucking hell, im just back from a similar trip.
it was good though, wasnt it?

i thought the crowd were excellent. i enjoyed the reception the various lifts in the music got. having only seen spz over in ireland i was happy, and surprised, at the welcome and love people had for jason.
and it was thoroughly deserved. if the rest of the tour was as good as last night the guy is on a hell of a run. it was really terrific. sometimes the sadness of the songs got lot in the sheer joy and happiness of what was going on, but its a minor complaint.

(and can someone put those files up on something that isnt megaupload?)
(oh, and the staff at the venue were some of the nicest people ever.)
Last edited by jack white on Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jezebel
New user

Post by Jezebel »

i has jasons bottle of water.
ash
Known user

Post by ash »

Jezebel wrote:i has jasons bottle of water.
Put it on ebay!!! :D
. . . heligoland . . .
29.11.07 mécanique ondulatoire, paris // 16.01.08 divan du monde, paris
klimy
New user

Post by klimy »

As has been stated the drunks did ruin the atmosphere on Saturday.
However putting that aside, I had a fucking fantastic night.
Forth row from the front on the right hand side.
Managed to get a little bit recorded on my camera, but I'm liking the sound of
Am working on more MP3'S now, these things take time though
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6kM0lSvhkfU
duophonic
New user

Post by duophonic »

Fantastic night, only really marred by the random shouting and the odd chatter from the irish guy behind me.

I sat there motionless for the majority of the gig, totally spellbound, i openly wept at some points :oops:

I've seen Jason in different guises but he still surprises me, i was slightly disappointed that he didn't incorporate 'medication' and possibly 'anyway that you want me' (which was my wedding song).

Why do people waste money on tickets when they talk all the way through? Its becoming a modern epidemic, does noone apart from a select few have an attention span longer than 3 seconds? :roll:
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

Laz69 wrote:It was the most selfish, inconsiderate and downright rude audience that i've ever been a member of. :evil:

Not just for the two bitches that talked through the entire show next to me pissed on cheap cider they had smuggled in, or the two cunts behind me who discussed their day and dinner for most of the show or two arseholes at the end of our row who were shouting things like "Starship" and "MC5"

I'm sorry, but i paid £17.50 for the privilege of hearing one of the best composers of modern times play songs that are beautiful, uplifting and simply some of the best music we'll ever hear in our lifetimes... not to listen to those two fucking cows fail miserably to sing along at the tops of their voices without having any idea of the lyrics!!!!!! I had to bite my tongue so many fucking times... i had to stop my sister from kicking her fucking head in!!! I shouldn't have bothered...

Its was a fantastic show, it was some of the greatest Spiritualized stuff i've ever heard/saw Jason present and for that reason alone it will remain one of the greatest shows i've ever been to, but I am extremely jealous of all those people who spoke of the other gigs they were at and how well the audience respected the setting and atmosphere that was appropriate to the show.

Ben (Crook), if you see Jason, tell him to never play Edinburgh again! Spiritualized is wasted on them fuckers!
I can see your point - compared to the Sage, where apart fom these teenage lasses who seemed forever to be going to the loo/bar, the audience behavied impeccably.

You were round the centre balcony area right? We were around the middle of the front row on the left hand side (despite my balcony standing ticket stopping me getting in downstairs!) and could hear those fuckwits who kept shouting stuff like MC5 etc really loudly - I was pretty shocked at that behaviour and I don't shock easily for stuff like that.

I saw Jason's book at the Sage (intact) and was fascinated by his musical scribblings that made little sense to me. Only Doggen seemed to have a setlist and I politely asked the sound tech whilst I was examining Doggen's mic'd up amp at the Sage if I could have his setlist, not wanting to be rude. I noticed it was a different bloke doing FOH in Edinbugh though. This bloke gave me a pretty blunt no!

Overall I still think The Sage is a better venue (probably memories of last year!) but the sound in Edinbugh seemed both better and a bit louder...luckily I missed the support bloke as he was loud enough at the Sage - is he any relation to Ben Crook who seems to do a lot of Spz pr...just wondering as that would explain his presence at an othewise quality tour. [/b]
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

i didnt hear them myself, but im sure the people shouting out for mc5 etc. didnt do it out of badness - that they felt they were only having a laugh. and in their own way showing appreciation of jason. (was it just after sitting on fire? i think i remember a few calls after it)

and again, i thought the crowd were fantastic. it's not often you get such warmth and appreciation of something so wonderful. people were having a good time, cant really be too upset - and its not like any of those yahoos that go shout "want some smack jason?".
dunno about the other gigs, but i thought that saturday would make a fantastic document (and will do if i ever get megaupload to work) as a live album (hint hint).
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

jack white wrote:i didnt hear them myself, but im sure the people shouting out for mc5 etc. didnt do it out of badness - that they felt they were only having a laugh. and in their own way showing appreciation of jason. (was it just after sitting on fire? i think i remember a few calls after it)

and again, i thought the crowd were fantastic. it's not often you get such warmth and appreciation of something so wonderful. people were having a good time, cant really be too upset - and its not like any of those yahoos that go shout "want some smack jason?".
dunno about the other gigs, but i thought that saturday would make a fantastic document (and will do if i ever get megaupload to work) as a live album (hint hint).
What struck me (and apologies if this sounds rather snobbish) was their loud and intrusive heckling was obviously well infomed as I'm sure I heard both the Stooges and MC5 mentioned as well as old SM3 tracks.

It was such a contrast to the Sage where the little noises fom a select group of people who seemed to need to use the loo/bar just after a song started were really noticable at that sort of gig, whereas usually it would have gone right over my head, like the apparent behaviour at last year's Sage gig, of some fellow Geordies also at the front but without the PA stack and J's amped-up marshall 4 x 10's cab plus 3 x monitors right next to my ears...and I thought folks were taking offence as I piled my plastic glasses up on the stage right above some typical OTT Sage warning sign not to put drinks on the stage, 'cause you really can't drink pints and dance without some fom of spillage ocurring!

Although I thought the sound was better by a slim margin in Edinburgh, J's enthusiasm as he said his thanks and clapped the musicians and crowd was much more apparent at the Sage, though also he retuned his acoustic near the end of the gig, really quickly, and it sounded like he really should have picked up his other acoustic as I was sure I occaisionally heard a slightly flat note from both the top E and B strings, though not the sort of tuning issue that spoilt anything.

Whilst the drug reference heckles were noticable by their absence, and much appreciated by their absence during the gig, I think it's pretty harmless to shout out some joke about 'if you've not hit the vein by now just smoke it' when he's half an hour late on stage. However as having a degree of experience in folks reactions to such comments, I could equally appeciate it if it really sounds very offensive to him, since being apparently appearing to be better known for you drug of choice rather than you fantastic body of work, with the promise of more still to come!

No wonder after producing the mastepiece LAGWAFIS he got pissed of with NME-type interviewers attibuting the whole work to his break-up with kate radley - no one has ever made a convincing case for attributing Monet's late paintings at the Givénchy garden to a supposed love of horticulture, it's something called art - far to many pro music writers seem determind to distill the essance of a well-crafted artistic work into a media-friendly 10 word soundbite
Last edited by mojo filters on Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Just got home from Edinburgh....what an amazing time, don't know where to start really. I guess, first of all, I'd like to give a bit shout out to Veiko (fucking legend), The Jig (and his trusty knowledge of ace pubs), Bzainspace (just listening to your comp now...liking it so far) and the madman who is known as Orbital who ended up breaking his ankle at the end of the night with some drunken shenanigans (has the codeine warn off yet?!!! :wink: )

Totally different from the Manchester gig....a great finale to the tour. I knew there was going to be a backlash with regards to the drunkeness and noise levels. Was talking about it with Bza on Sunday. To be honest I thought it made the gig even better. You could see that the gospel singers were feeding off the communual singing along and the clapping & cheering. Jason was really smiling towards the end...think he'd probably had enough of the polite applause at the other gigs. There was a total party atmosphere at the gig and I, for one, loved it. I mean, regardless of the fact this is an accoustic gig, Jason is in a rock and roll band - you just can't expect utter silence throughout a gig like this, you're not at the bloody opera. I just wish people would just stop coming on here moaning and ranting about this all the time (and Laz, to be honest, your post was bordering on the ridiculous).

Anyway, thanks for the hospitality from the scottish chaps I met...top, top guys. And Orbie, don't go climbing too many more drainpipes you idiot!!! :wink:

PS: Looking forward to hearing Veiko's words of wisdom when he gets on-line back in Estonia.
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Haha... was expecting a backlash! :lol: And to be fair i've kind of chilled out about it all since then. Was having quite the bad day on Saturday anyway which probably said a lot for my rant!
(and Laz, to be honest, your post was bordering on the ridiculous)
I wouldn't say it was ridiculous. i was merely venting my fustration at not being able to enjoy what i thought the gig would have been better for i.e. a more subdued audience.
I have no problems with the singalongs as they actually add to the feeling of great songs like Oh Happy Day (and the choir ladies were encouraging the clapping) but the problem i had was with the people who were talking about dinner and what they did last week, etc that obviously had no real interest in what was going on in front of them (the girls next to me appeared to be with a guy who obviously was there for the show... they just sat and chatted all the way through)

My moan about the heckles like "MC5" and "Starship" were hardly out of turn either. Yes, by all means show your appreciation for someone, but would it kill you to wait until the songs finished? If anyone had actually heard what the tour was consisting of then surely they would have some sort of idea what it was going to be like. I seriously doubt Jason would have planned to play something like Starship on the current tour even if it wasn't requested by the audience, so why shout out for it?? Do they think he's gonna whip out the full band and suprise us?

Anyways, it sounds like my expectations of the gig were somewhat different to what others had heard before on this tour and what they ultimately expected. Not be the first time fans have disagreed on show. Ultimately, its no big deal...

[/quote]
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

Ads wrote:I mean, regardless of the fact this is an accoustic gig, Jason is in a rock and roll band - you just can't expect utter silence throughout a gig like this, you're not at the bloody opera.
i agree whole-heartedly with you points about the crowd-interaction, but this "rock n roll" thing brings me to another point: just how loud the music was. i was surprised given the talk on here of all the quiet but the sound was not only terrificly crisp and clear, but i couldnt hear myself think at times.

shame about orbital. sounds mildly amusing though.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

jack white wrote:shame about orbital. sounds mildly amusing though.
It was kind of funny and worrying at the same time. He took it all very well though and, after being taken to A & E, came back out at 4am on crutches and in plaster to carry on drinking! His posse were absolutely brilliant too, really made the weekend a good laugh. Am starting to feel the effects of 3 nights heavy drinking now though.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Laz69 wrote:Not be the first time fans have disagreed on show. Ultimately, its no big deal...
Yeah, I guess you're right. I'd put it in my top 5 ever gigs though to be honest, but a lot of that had to do with the whole weekend's experiences. Would definately try to go back up to Scotland for the next tour.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Laz69 wrote: I have no problems with the singalongs as they actually add to the feeling of great songs like Oh Happy Day (and the choir ladies were encouraging the clapping) but the problem i had was with the people who were talking about dinner and what they did last week...

Spot on Laz. At one point these guys nearby were loudly discussing their favourite album...I think LGM was the winner, right in one of the quieter moments. You try and ignore that shit but c'mon, can you not wait till later on?

And seriously, I struggled to stay quiet when this crazy fried up fucker standing banging the railing right next to me, clapping along, [all totally out of time etc] shouting utter madness "THIS IS THE SHIT!" being one of many - it sounded like he was saying "This is shit" which was pissing a lot of people off. Security came along eventually, but they just asked him to calm down. Gotta give props to venue staff that nice I guess...

Annoying, but more so that out of the whole venue I was standing next to this monkey. But fuck it - he probably enjoyed it. If he remembers it though... :lol:

But it was an amazing gig. Can't speak for the other gigs which was a bit of controversy for some, but the whole band seemed really pleased with the reaction for the crowd. There was a lot of love there that night.
The whole night and day was an event in itself. Just sittting in a flat hours later after Orbie got out of hospital, playing tunes, guitars and having a great chat...russian beers, Veiko's liquers, other stuff and realizing it was 10 am :lol:
Ads wrote: His posse were absolutely brilliant too, really made the weekend a good laugh..
Fucking right! I met a stack of really cool people this weekend, it was a great pleasure. Hope everyone else made it home OK, especially Veiko.

And Orbital - you are rock n' roll my friend.

Bring on some electric gigs....

:wink:
Jasonsmith
Known user

Post by Jasonsmith »

I was in Brighton, London, Manchester and Edinburgh, and though they were all very good, I thought that Edinburgh (very closely followed by London) was the best musical performance/sound (though I was sat next to the mixing desk as opposed to the front row like in London and Manchester). As far as crowds go I'm afraid the whoops and shouts in Edinburgh did get on my nerves. I think half the problem might have been people thinking that their 'Whoo!' would be recorded for posterity on the official live recording. I can just imagine some idiot saying to his mates 'wait for it, right in the middle of this quiet bit...hear that? That's me that is...' London were the most respectful crowd, and Manchester seemed the most subdued.
I've a sneaking suspicion that the Manchester gig might have been recorded because just before the start a roadie came on plugged in a microphone, tested it, then laid it on the ground behind one of J's monitors. For selected mixing in of audience reaction?
It seemed that the string quartet was playing with a bit more experimentation in Manchester too, the almost feedback-soundalike effect in Amen was most impressive.
Jezebel
New user

Post by Jezebel »

Put it on ebay!!! :D[/quote]

hehe not a chance! tis mine!! :P
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

BzaInSpace wrote:
Laz69 wrote: I have no problems with the singalongs as they actually add to the feeling of great songs like Oh Happy Day (and the choir ladies were encouraging the clapping) but the problem i had was with the people who were talking about dinner and what they did last week...

Spot on Laz. At one point these guys nearby were loudly discussing their favourite album...I think LGM was the winner, right in one of the quieter moments. You try and ignore that shit but c'mon, can you not wait till later on?

And seriously, I struggled to stay quiet when this crazy fried up fucker standing banging the railing right next to me, clapping along, [all totally out of time etc] shouting utter madness "THIS IS THE SHIT!" being one of many - it sounded like he was saying "This is shit" which was pissing a lot of people off. Security came along eventually, but they just asked him to calm down. Gotta give props to venue staff that nice I guess...

Annoying, but more so that out of the whole venue I was standing next to this monkey. But fuck it - he probably enjoyed it. If he remembers it though... :lol:

But it was an amazing gig. Can't speak for the other gigs which was a bit of controversy for some, but the whole band seemed really pleased with the reaction for the crowd. There was a lot of love there that night.
The whole night and day was an event in itself. Just sittting in a flat hours later after Orbie got out of hospital, playing tunes, guitars and having a great chat...russian beers, Veiko's liquers, other stuff and realizing it was 10 am :lol:
Ads wrote: His posse were absolutely brilliant too, really made the weekend a good laugh..
Fucking right! I met a stack of really cool people this weekend, it was a great pleasure. Hope everyone else made it home OK, especially Veiko.

And Orbital - you are rock n' roll my friend.

Bring on some electric gigs....

:wink:
I generally agree with what's been said - what I noticed at the QH Edinbugh was that although their was the annoying shouting etc, the smaller noises (like folks going to/from the bar etc) made no difference really, whereas at the Sage (in retrospect) I'm convinced it was quieter, and I was sat much nearer the front, rather than being upstairs futher from the stage. Every time someone someone got up or took a step it was very noticable and could be heard over the music - I wonder if the 10 sided special acoustic propeties that it's famous for were a hinderance this time as I could hear chairs creaking when folks near me just shuffled silently in their seats just to avoid DVT, as you're bound to do during a gig. It could just be the type of seats or something, but it was really irritating when just about any movement in the whole of Hall 2 could be heard above the beautiful music coming fom the stage. Hence I think it's a unfair to criticise the folks themselves there - there was nothing remotely like the clapping/shouting/singing/banging etc apart from raptuous applause in the appropriate places. I guess if my theory's right then it must have worked the othe way too, in that the band could hear the audience appreciation louder - maybe that's why both Jason and Doggen looked so happy at the end, really giving their appreciation back to the audience in a way I've neve seen the spaceman do before!

What I did notice at both gigs was the way both the strings and choir, whilst looking like they were really enjoying the concert both when playing and just listening, they seemed to look a bit awkward/unsure each time they left the stage, rather than just following Jason and Doggen straight off once they'd finished clapping to the crowd. I guess it's of no importance as you couldn't fault their perfomancees, but it was noticable at each gig.

I'm certain that any loud talking during even the loudest parts would have disturbed the musicians at the Sage, probably to the point of J stopping the gig to tell them to shut the fuck up. Guess that's probably an issue all really intimate venues have to account for. I certainly had nothing to complain about when folks were squeezing past me with drinks etc in Edinbugh, whereas at the Sage some people who were most likely making an effort to tread softly sounded like they were stomping along in combat boots!

Got to agree with the compliments to the venue staff, very few places round my way where the bouncers don't bounce at the slightest provocation, but I saw how nice they were in asking the railing-banger to take others into consideration with his appalling percussive efforts!

Basically it was the atmospheres that made the differences - everyone was silently reverent at the Sage, even giving Loopy Crook polite applause and silence when he was playing. I guess I preferred the Edinbugh gig as there was more a sense of fun about it, plus I got to put some faces to familiar names, though sorry all the delays etc meant I didn't get to meet everyone.

All in all 2 experiences I doubt I'll ever forget, down to the last detail...well done Spaceman, a clever concept brilliantly executed :D

PS we got some slight cello feedback in The Sage during Amen and a couple of other tracks - I put it down to the fact they seemed to just be using mic's rather than pickups on all 4 strings, so getting the monitors loud enough to be heard but not feedback would have been a tricky balancing act, even with the best pro kit, in my experience of amplifying strings.
Hedspace
Known user

Post by Hedspace »

The gig was AMAZING, heckles and all and I was sitting 10 feet away from the drunken bunch.

thanks so much to Jason, Doggen and the musicians for a truly wonderful evening.

Sent
Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

BzaInSpace wrote: Just sittting in a flat hours later after Orbie got out of hospital, playing tunes, guitars and having a great chat...russian beers, Veiko's liquers, other stuff and realizing it was 10 am :lol:

And Orbital - you are rock n' roll my friend.....
I forget a lot of things lately but i won't ever forget Edinburgh. Just an incredible time with some incredible peolpe and it was a pleasure to meet everyone there....That night just went on and on and on.

Orbital......Get back on your feet soon mate. Look on the bright side, you've now broke a bone... :lol: You are certainly rock ' roll.
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

firstly, thanks Jig for picking up the great venues like Manchester and Edinburgh. good choices.
Ads, cheers for roaming along! i mean it.
until next tour Barry and Tommy.

concert in Manchester was good. better. just gorgeous.

i'm really happy that i saw two concerts. if i would have seen only one and lets say only Edinburgh then i would have been dissapointed too because of the audience reactions.
lots of drunks shouting out "jason" and "spaceman". i was thinking COME ON, can't you be more original.
and the dire sing alongs.......... not enough dots here. downhill it went.
in Manchester a lady shouted "welcome back Jason". nice one!
afterwards yet another lady shouted "say something, Jason" and lots of people cheering (little bit in doubt though) "yeah, something, Jason" and i think i heard Jase saying "cheers, lads". talk about a man in focus...

yes i can see that fans are divided into two armys: one side thinks that handclapping is obviously part of the show. others think that hands are only for applausing. both want to enjoy and take the most out of the concert. but why turn it into a bloody karaoke "fight"? if King Diamond will do acoustic tour will you sing along? not if you are the last soberhead on planet. well... lifes what you make it. so relative.

the ones that loved the Edinburgh show will remember it forever anyway.

Acoustic Mainline sure is not a opera event, but if i could not relax and dive into myself (like in Edinburgh) then i must say that the experience was wasted.
in Lowry i could feel the butterflies roaming inside me. that was the time when lyrics were important and lots of things came together.
thats where i came to thinking "if your personal life has holes, then this is the dictionary". i rate the Lowry gig very high, i'm doubtful that Edinburgh's show will be released as an live album.
if before the Edinbrugh gig a fan would have thought "I have a passion sweet Lord", would the fan have sang along to Walking with Jesus? sang along like in a german beer festival in Bayer?? hmmmm, not sure, not at all.
but if you start drinking early, add some pills to it, then one thing leads to another. but why on earth we have to forgive them? so, so relative.
i'm really in between thinking that was the crowd in Edinburgh really not respectful. i ain't accusing. i ain't declaring witchhunt.
but you can't bring your personal silencer. for example for the mad crowd like in Scotland.

Doggen was more quiet than in Edinburgh. why was that? i could hardly hear Doggen playing.
Doggen was on place in Manchester. sweet licks of mellowness. and the strings. oh, THE strings. vibrations from the heart of gold.
universal blending. it was only music, but somehow i believe that it was more than music.
my impression is that gospel singers were advised to stay more in the background after the Manchester. there they took it over form Jase more forcefully, started more powerfully, maybe Jase could not pace it along.
still the gospel singers were on drivers seat in Edinburgh, but they started more invisibly. (fingers crossed readers understand this)

crowd reactions were so huge that Jase did not even bothered to play Stop Your Crying until the end in Edinburgh, he left out some bars. thats compared to Manchester when he played the song until the full end.
but no, i ain't picking his nose. thats just what happened. on stage you propably could not feel yourself breathing cuz of the exploding reactions and applausing.

i liked Doggen missing notes in Manchester. sorry, but i can't recall the song. there was this one occasion when i spotted Doggen doing mistakes and guess what he made out of it - he played one line in a verse
in purpose like a free jazz pianist. messed it up even more and that made sense then.

right right, just checked out the bootleg of York Fibbers show on 3th of march 2004.
the presence of 3 guitars is massive, brain melting. you can't sing along to that. to an onslaught with huge force. "Things will never be the same" could easily be a trancerock by Motorhead.
so, John Coxon step out of the vacation and hit the strings, again.

eagerly waiting for a acoustic mainline live release.
i did not saw any cameras at the Edinburgh show, but saw a camera in Manchester. will we get a DVD too? that will be so nice.
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

Hey Veiko, thats a nice post man! really heartfelt and honest and totally agree about the shouting, singing etc. everyone expresses themselves in different ways and you cant really get angry about it. That said London was amazing purely for the fact you could have heard a pin drop. i guess if you have to take each gig as a seperate entitty. Edinburgh sounds like a celebration, London more of a sombre but no less emotional experience. the crowd gave Jase a Standing ovation and they meant it. Everyone in there was loving it. No normal media campout in the bar, Ive never seen anything like it!

And as for John Coxon, too right! bring back the wall of sound.
good dope/good fun
Known user

Post by good dope/good fun »

Just curious if this full concert download is tracked out by song or is just one continuous track.
Thanks either way.
good dope/good fun
Known user

Post by good dope/good fun »

To answer my own question.........
Yes.......it is all tracked out.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
One Asian Under A Groove
Known user

Post by One Asian Under A Groove »

The Edinburgh show moved me in a way I've never experienced at a concert, and I doubt I ever will again. The standing ovation at the end of Anything More - LAGWAFIS, and I'm not ashamed to say a few tears in my eyes, will always be one of my most cherished memories. I had no idea they would finish with O Happy Day as well, a perfect ending. I was 3rd row from the front, so I wasn't distracted by the idiots talking through, but I did love the enthusiasm of the crowd. I've listened to the St Mary's Church bootleg, and I'm amazed at how people could keep themselves together silently at different points! Not a criticism at all, but I was glad to be part of a celebratory atmosphere in Edinburgh.

And now to have it on mp3 is... well, I don't think mere thanks will cover just how grateful I am to the guy that recorded and shared this. But thanks all the same, it is hugely appreciated.
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

I didn't get to any of the 2nd half of the tour, but everywhere you read you find someone who found the whole experience quite emotional.

Just a note on the noisy crowd debate. I was at the St Mary's gig in Nottingham. You could have heard a fucking pin drop. Maybe it's because there was no bar.

Message to weebobby - thanks for that fantastic mp3 of the Edinburgh gig, along with setlist jpeg. That's real quality.
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

ash wrote:
Jezebel wrote:i has jasons bottle of water.
Put it on ebay!!! :D
no no, clone another jason from his dna!!
'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'
dselevan
Known user

Post by dselevan »

Thank you for the music.
Zenchan
Known user

Post by Zenchan »

A billion thanks for this :D
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

yes it's lovely, thank you!!
all i know about the hootin and hollerin is that it made me grin listening to it.
i might have felt different if i was at the show?
but it's nice to hear some raucus support, especially if this was the last show of the tour. (it was, wasn't it?)
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

to weebobby: THANKS!
fantastic. nice one on sharing.
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

many thanks for sharing
candy-cane-girl
Known user

Am downloading now :) Thanks a lot.
jason_godman
Known user

Post by jason_godman »

I've downloaded this (ta very much) but it won't start playing when I click on the tracks. Booooooo. It's doing my head in.
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

jason_godman wrote:I've downloaded this (ta very much) but it won't start playing when I click on the tracks. Booooooo. It's doing my head in.
have you unzipped? if you have xp at the left side of the screen it should say 'unzipp all files'. that should make it work.
mark
Known user

Post by mark »

This is fucking amazing. Sounds like a good time was had by all - fave heckle - 'whole lotta rosie'.
I know a few that went,and they said it amazing, see you at atp, jason and smog, yes please
jason_godman
Known user

Post by jason_godman »

bunnyben wrote:
jason_godman wrote:I've downloaded this (ta very much) but it won't start playing when I click on the tracks. Booooooo. It's doing my head in.
have you unzipped? if you have xp at the left side of the screen it should say 'unzipp all files'. that should make it work.
I tried that but that just seemed to turn them into non-audio files. I think I majorly screwed up somehow but I'll try again. Thanks for the advice anyway.
Melmoth
Known user

Post by Melmoth »

Absolutely great! I hadn't been so impressed in years....
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

jason_godman wrote:
bunnyben wrote:
I tried that but that just seemed to turn them into non-audio files. I think I majorly screwed up somehow but I'll try again. Thanks for the advice anyway.
Same thing happened to me regarding non-audio files. Some of the songs downloaded and upzipped fine while 6 others downloaded as an unknown file type. So, I deleted them and re-downloaded them from the mirror links on the blog site instead of the megaupload link. That worked out fine for all of the tracks, though I had to download them individually.
I think I feel it coming on
jason_godman
Known user

Post by jason_godman »

cool, I'll try that. Cheers
dselevan
Known user

Post by dselevan »

I remember now. I downloaded the file and it was in a format I've never heard of. I did a Google for the file type and found a program that turned them into wave files. From the wave files I had to use another program to turn them into 320kb/s .mp3 files. It was really easy if you just go to Google and do a search for the extension. It's some kind of file compression. I can re-upload the mp3 files but they are rather long, up to 10 or 15 megs a song. If you send me an envelope I'll burn you a CD also.
digital jesus
Known user

Post by digital jesus »

thanks for putting up that edinburgh set, great recording, totally appreciated.
dselevan
Known user

Post by dselevan »

Did anyone notice the new lyrics to Amen. "Made my children cry" I think and not, "made my mother cry." Also I think Soul on Fire changed a bit at the start...
dselevan
Known user

Post by dselevan »

Did anyone notice the new lyrics to Amen. "Made my children cry" I think and not, "made my mother cry." Also I think Soul on Fire changed a bit at the start...
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

the lyrics change on amen was the moment of the night for me.

cheers to weebobby also.
dselevan
Known user

Post by dselevan »

I really love this version of Soul on Fire. Did he always say, "There's a hurricane in my veins?" Pretty cool. There is one really cheesey line like, "Baby, never say never" but I'm hoping he changes that line before it comes out on an album. I guess it's excusable but kinda seemed a bit cliche for such a good song.
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

I really love this version of Soul on Fire. Pretty cool. There is one really cheesey line like, "There's a hurricane in my veins?" but I'm hoping he changes that line before it comes out on an album. I guess it's excusable but kinda seemed a bit cliche for such a good song.

heh.

but seriously, "hurricane in my veins" sounds like something richard ashcroft would come out with.

(sorry to compare the two... i know its a bit taboo or whatnot. i just thought it was kinda funny. the accidental comparison was funny, the lyric is serious point.)
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

jack white wrote:I really love this version of Soul on Fire. Pretty cool. There is one really cheesey line like, "There's a hurricane in my veins?" but I'm hoping he changes that line before it comes out on an album. I guess it's excusable but kinda seemed a bit cliche for such a good song.

heh.

but seriously, "hurricane in my veins" sounds like something richard ashcroft would come out with.

(sorry to compare the two... i know its a bit taboo or whatnot. i just thought it was kinda funny. the accidental comparison was funny, the lyric is serious point.)
you are like a hurricane
there's calm in your eyes
and i'm getting blown away

8)
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

that new neil young (& crazyhorse at the fillmore) album is outta sight. cowgirl in the sand on there is just about the greatest thing ever.
mark
Known user

Post by mark »

jack white wrote:that new neil young (& crazyhorse at the fillmore) album is outta sight. cowgirl in the sand on there is just about the greatest thing ever.

Damn straight 8)
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

I love the "Just call my name and I'll take you there, baby" endings to "So Hot (Wash [and or] Away All of My Tears[)]".

Such a nice touch...
dselevan
Known user

Post by dselevan »

Yeah you are right, I think his melodies are great but I'm not sure about the lyrics yet...Who cares anyway, great song..
jadams501
Known user

Post by jadams501 »

Did anyone else download the early Spiritualized show Tufty kindly posted? I was able to get everything except for "Run," which is unable on megaupload... can anyone post another link?
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

dselevan wrote:Yeah you are right, I think his melodies are great but I'm not sure about the lyrics yet...Who cares anyway, great song..

haha, yeah. At first, I thought it was a reference to the Jackson 5...
dselevan
Known user

Post by dselevan »

jadams501 wrote:Did anyone else download the early Spiritualized show Tufty kindly posted? I was able to get everything except for "Run," which is unable on megaupload... can anyone post another link?
sure I can upload Run
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V9XD1B2E
jadams501
Known user

Post by jadams501 »

Thanks a lot!