Wulfrun hall

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

estee
Known user

Wulfrun hall

Post by estee »

hi,

went to see spaceman at the wulfrun hall last night, what an amazing gig. i cant remember exactly the running order but it was pretty much the same as the glasgow show. best song of the night for me had to be i think im in love, after reading several posts about that song being included i was interested to see how it would work acoustically, and it did, f....amazing.

i was sat on the front row and couldnt hear anyone else speak apart from jason as he thanked the audience and the other band members in between songs, ive never seen him do that before. i also saw him smile twice at the gospel singers in between songs, the reason i mention this is that i dont think ive ever seen jason smile, have you ??

the night seemed a lot more relaxed than the gig i saw in salisbury in october last year but that was the first night of the tour. at last nights gig everyone seemed relaxed and enjoying themselves, all swaying in time with the music as they played/sang.

only downside for me was having to leave just before ( I assume) oh happy day, stoopid car park closed at 11pm so we had to shoot off quick.

this was the second time my girlfriend has seen the acoustic set and she loved it, she's still unsure on the album stuff but she promised she will come to the full on gigs with me if and when they happen.

i hate to ask, but does anyone know of an album release date ??
jesus son
Known user

Post by jesus son »

thought it was an absolute cracker last night

to see seating out at the wulfrun came as a bit of a shock as did the start time of 9.05, just made it in time for a beer then they were on

great sound from my position next to the sound board and not too much chatting which made a nice change

jason's voice sounded stronger than I've ever heard it and all the band and audience seemed to enjoy it in equal measure

stand out for me was feel so sad and broken heart

as an aside does anyone know what type of acoustic guitar Jason is using for the tour as it sounded fantastic?
ronn109
Known user

Post by ronn109 »

wow!!

Thats amazing!!

I was front row too, left hand side (looking at the stage) ailse seat and I also had to run to the car park, heard about 2 mins of oh happy day, and I was also at sailsbury.........

I concur with both posts above, it was awesome and "I think I'm in Love" was just astounding! Even though I am not quite sure about the gospel singers accents on the call / response sections of it.

J did look happy, even when the string broke it didnt seem to phase him.

It was just so good and so special and one of those nights when I didnt mind the 2 hour drive there or back home. I feel privelleged to have seen this show twice from so close up!

We need some boots of it or at even better an official release.

Cheers

Jonathan
estee
Known user

Post by estee »

I also had a 2 hour drive back to Bristol. My girlfriend offered to drive back but I said I would, then forgot and came back from the toilet with another pint, she turned to me and said "looks like im driving then" :lol:
ronn109
Known user

Post by ronn109 »

nice touch!

I was on my own so no option of that last night! :cry:
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

estee wrote:I came back from the toilet with another pint ...

:shock:
estee
Known user

Post by estee »

hehehe, a pint of lager
helm
Known user

Post by helm »

brilliant gig. the hilights for me were feel so sad and think i'm in love. the new songs are beginning to sound real good to me, although i preferred the longer end to funeral home.

why did you go to the bar? my girlfriend volunteered to get the beers in. i like to think of this as empowering, rather than misogynistic.
The Flight Lieutenant
Known user

Post by The Flight Lieutenant »

i was gonna go to this, but i was so tired after a week of working non-stop i couldn't gather the energy to catch the bus from walsall. and now i wish i managed somehow :( thats 2 gigs in 2 weeks i've missed coz of my exams :cry:
JimV
New user

Post by JimV »

Yes! That was amazing.

Did you all enjoy the support band?

The Lines
http://www.myspace.com/wearethelines

Fucking brilliant I thought
Spacehead
New user

Post by Spacehead »

Agree with everyone else on here that it was a very special gig. I too was one of the front-row brigade, and the whole setlist was performed to a crazily high standard that it was untrue.

As for J's voice, he was absolutely bang on with everything he sang throughout the evening. Throw in the mini-orchestra and the gospel singers and all-in-all it was a fantastic show.

In fact, I thought the whole night passed in a really civilised manner (bar the two folks who came and stood in the central aisle right at the front), and you could feel in the crowd the sense of appreciation towards Jason and everyone else up there on stage.

A recording of the show would be absolutely amazing if anyone was there taping. One of these performances on the acoustic tour needs to go to a commercial release, or even a limited edition run - both would be fine by m, I just hope it actually happens.
shanefish
New user

Post by shanefish »

Superb!

Saw the Manchester show last year and it was great to see some new tracks - Feel so Sad and I think I'm in love were amazing.

Went to James in Brum the night before and jumped around like an arsehole so it was perfect to just sit there and take in the music all in all two top gigs.

Just love the gospel singers and the sound was absolutely spot on.

Seen J smile several times at these shows he's clearly enjoying himself.