Glasto-BBC-Acoustic Mainlaines

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

davey
Known user

Glasto-BBC-Acoustic Mainlaines

Post by davey »

Aint at Glasto this year (fatherhood commitments)

Does anyone know if any of the BBC coverage (TV or radio) is gonna include Spz Acoustic Mainlines? The BBC site is good but doesn't give much away. I know Radcliffe is a big fan of the "Mighty Spiritualized" (his words, not mine) so I guess there's a chance.

....hoping!
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

I reckon it'll be on BBC3/4 rather than terrestial, seeing as its not one one of the big stages. I think between that and the 'red button' coverage you can see just about everything.

I'll certainly be getting the beers in for Jason and the crew!
davey
Known user

Post by davey »

Damn! I gotta get me one of those red buttons!!

They seem bloody useful.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Good for a bit of filth too.
ORBITAL
Known user
Location: Drinking Breaker at night, in the cold duchess light.

Post by ORBITAL »

angelsighs wrote:Good for a bit of filth too.

Ooooohhhh. You're mawkit
Work is the scourge of the drinking classes
puffpants
Known user

Post by puffpants »

staued up the majority of the night looking out for it and flicking channels - i'm right that it wasnt screen on bbc arent i?
olliemorr
Known user

Post by olliemorr »

puffpants wrote:staued up the majority of the night looking out for it and flicking channels - i'm right that it wasnt screen on bbc arent i?
I stayed up too. Nope, no sign of Spz. :(

What I cant understand is why the hell cant the BBC get some cameras in more of the other stages/tents around the festival rather than just showing the two main stages.
The same bands were on loop all night on digital.
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

Yeah, the whole thing was just stupid - seemed like the only person ever playing on the red button coverage was Amy bloody Whinehouse.

They go to the trouble of putting a whole new stage on with top artists, and the BBC completely ignores it in favour of Hot Chip and Jack Penate - shite.
olliemorr
Known user

Post by olliemorr »

Greeny wrote:Yeah, the whole thing was just stupid - seemed like the only person ever playing on the red button coverage was Amy bloody Whinehouse.
Aggghh....she's on interactive again now!!!
10ent
Known user

Post by 10ent »

The Super Furries were good as always - just wished they'd shown the full set.

Also caught The Hold Steady who were pretty excellent and were on The John Peel Stage.
puffpants
Known user

Post by puffpants »

how many times has amy winehouse been looped?!
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

Over the course of last night I was unable to avoid seeing Leicester's favourite chavs Kasabian 3 times, the Fratellis twice, and unbelievably Rufus Wainwright on both BBC4 and BBC2 at exactly the same time...plus a few other folks repeated who's names I can't remember.

I appreciate I wasn't forced to watch but was hopeful for some Spiritualized footage when Lauren Laverne made special mention of them, although it didn't sound like she was familiar with it being the Acoustic Mainlines format despite her apparent enthusiasm.
I'm like Evel Knievel, I get paid for the attempt. I didn't promise this shit would be good!
Dave Chappelle
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

mojo filters wrote:Over the course of last night I was unable to avoid seeing Leicester's favourite chavs Kasabian 3 times, the Fratellis twice, and unbelievably Rufus Wainwright on both BBC4 and BBC2 at exactly the same time...plus a few other folks repeated who's names I can't remember.

I appreciate I wasn't forced to watch but was hopeful for some Spiritualized footage when Lauren Laverne made special mention of them, although it didn't sound like she was familiar with it being the Acoustic Mainlines format despite her apparent enthusiasm.
I know it was shite wasn't it.. i was frantically flicking between all the BBC channels trying to see the barest mention of Spiritualized and all we get is Lauren Laverne getting it wrong by mentioning some 'psychedelic freakouts'.. and then either The Arctic Monkeys or Kasabian over and over and over again...
The Flight Lieutenant
Known user

Post by The Flight Lieutenant »

angelsighs wrote:
mojo filters wrote:Over the course of last night I was unable to avoid seeing Leicester's favourite chavs Kasabian 3 times, the Fratellis twice, and unbelievably Rufus Wainwright on both BBC4 and BBC2 at exactly the same time...plus a few other folks repeated who's names I can't remember.

I know it was shite wasn't it.. i was frantically flicking between all the BBC channels trying to see the barest mention of Spiritualized and all we get is Lauren Laverne getting it wrong by mentioning some 'psychedelic freakouts'.. and then either The Arctic Monkeys or Kasabian over and over and over again...
it annoyed me too. i like AM and kasabian, lots. but its glasto, i wanna see the smaller tents. i wanna see more of Arcade Fire and the like.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

So far the bits i've seen on non-digi has been

Killers
Kooks
Kasabian
fucking Kaiser Chiefs as well. Dear god. Whose next, Kula Shaker?

Wish i'd seen Amy. She's roughly a billion times better than the above put together. They can all go to hell :x

Does anyone know who the surprise headliner was apart from the acres of mud?
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

So far the bits i've seen on non-digi has been

Killers
Kooks
Kasabian
fucking Kaiser Chiefs as well. Dear god. Whose next, Kula Shaker?

Wish i'd seen Amy. She's roughly a billion times better than the above put together. They can all go to hell :x

Does anyone know who the surprise headliner was apart from the acres of mud?
O P 8
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

The only bits that seemed even half decent for me were Rufus Wainwright and Arcade Fire, but even they weren't brilliant.

Oh, and Bat For Lashes, who were also great at ATP.
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

Rufus' set was spoiled a bit by rubbish mixing, although he can do no wrong in my eyes.

We've Sky+'d Iggy and I'm looking forward to seeing the stage invasion for No Fun!

As for the Kaiser Chiefs, they've been bigged up by the likes of the NME and Guardian (surprise, surprise) but in the few minutes I could stand of them I noted from the overhead shot that they didn't get anything like the "massive" crowd being touted - it was very thin past the mixing desk, just over half what Shirley Bassey got I'd guess...!

Watching folks trudging wearily out of the site early yesterday afternoon did give me a moment of Schadenfreude, I must admit...
G*
Known user

Post by G* »

angelsighs wrote:The only bits that seemed even half decent for me were Rufus Wainwright and Arcade Fire, but even they weren't brilliant.

Oh, and Bat For Lashes, who were also great at ATP.
Yeah, I enjoyed Bat For Lashes. I bought the album on the strength of the performance and it was well worth it.

I'm incredibly annoyed with the BBC about their 'coverage'. Endless loops of the same bands on BBCi was pretty annoying, to say the least.
mark
Known user

Post by mark »

I was there, sound problems, late start etc, still a good show and the most pointless stage invasion ever, but now would like to see the electronic guitar to come out as previously mentioned
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Well I saw some clips of the Manic Street Preachers. In classic twisted fashion I watched for 10 minutes. It confirmed them as the worst band in the history of music, bar none.
moop
Known user

Post by moop »

the tv coverage is pretty shite isn't it? so many groups i'd love to watch back but it's all the kooks/killers/kaisers etc. what a joke!

bats for lashes were indeed amazing.. very early bjork/kate bush i thought.

things i went to see (or tried and failed in a few cases): pama international, reverend and the makers, the earlies, modest mouse, bright eyes, super furry animals, the hold steady, gus gus (who didn't turn up!), ADF soundsystem, the aliens, bjork, seasick steve, biffy clyro, holy fuck, hiromi's sonicbloom, patrick wolf, !!!, they came from the stars... (went to the green futures field but couldn't find them!) stooges, marley brothers, euros childs, pete doherty (the 'special guest' :?), micah p hinson (who was mysteriously absent :(), the manics, the who, gruff rhys.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Thought The Hold Steady weren't bad from the bit they showed on telly either.

When I saw Bat For Lashes at ATP they did a torch song version of Springsteens 'I'm On Fire' it was gorgeous.

But did anyone see Spiritualized??? This would have been a great chance to get a pro mixed recording of an Acoustic Mainlines gig, with visuals, but of course the BBC didn't give them a look in!!. I'm also curious to what sort of crowd the band may have got as from what i gather the park stage is way out on the side of the site.
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

mark wrote:I was there, sound problems, late start etc, still a good show and the most pointless stage invasion ever, but now would like to see the electronic guitar to come out as previously mentioned
Stage invasion? Tell us more...
untitled
New user

Post by untitled »

Greeny wrote:
mark wrote:I was there, sound problems, late start etc, still a good show and the most pointless stage invasion ever, but now would like to see the electronic guitar to come out as previously mentioned
Stage invasion? Tell us more...

One person attempted to get on stage but was dragged away by security. A while later another got on stage. He just stood there and was taken away by one of the guys behind the stage. Needless to say Jason was not impressed, I would assume the guy wanted to embrace Jason but ended up just standing there looking stupid.

All in all a great gig, although as mentioned it didn't start until about an hour after it was supposed to. Still played for just under two hours though! They drew one of the bigger crowds that the Park Stage achieved over the weekend.
Marshall
Known user

Post by Marshall »

untitled wrote:
One person attempted to get on stage but was dragged away by security. A while later another got on stage. He just stood there and was taken away by one of the guys behind the stage. Needless to say Jason was not impressed, I would assume the guy wanted to embrace Jason but ended up just standing there looking stupid. .
no it was the same guy each time and he made 3 attempts. he got shoved back into the crowd after each but was taken away for the last. He just seemed really out of it.
Marshall
Known user

Post by Marshall »

here's some pictures I took

Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

Cheers for the pics - looks like you were front row!

v v jealous....(but mud-free!)
Marshall
Known user

Post by Marshall »

Greeny wrote:Cheers for the pics - looks like you were front row!

v v jealous....(but mud-free!)
yeah, made sure I grabbed a spot at the barrier just as the aliens finished. Could forget about the mud for a while whilst they were on but I'd say the field they played in was the slipperiest of them all
jpbowman
Known user

Post by jpbowman »

Tell me about it being slippy, The Park was definately a struggle to get up to, was well worth it though! The Aliens + Spiritualized were both great, didnt see the stage invasion (or most of the gig) as was lying on the hay with my eyes closed :mrgreen:
http://www.thegoldentroubadours.co.uk/
Dreamlike acoustic band from Nottingham with shades of flamenco, soul, folk and blues.
Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

To all those who weren't there but wish you were, here's something short and sweet but you'll see why this gig was so bloody special.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_qZMTJKPSo

(p/s.......It got topped too over the weekend)
What more can the heart of a man desire?
ORBITAL
Known user

Post by ORBITAL »

Nice one Shaun. Rocco said it was one of the highlights of the festival for him.
Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

You're welcome. He enjoyed the cider too... :lol: :lol:

It was awesome, and so was the Spz gig.
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

The Jig wrote:You're welcome. He enjoyed the cider too... :lol: :lol:

It was awesome, and so was the Spz gig.
I really missed the cider...you can't get that via the red button on the BBC :cry:
I'm like Evel Knievel, I get paid for the attempt. I didn't promise this shit would be good!
Dave Chappelle
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

The Jig wrote:

Do tell!!!
Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

Greeny wrote:
The Jig wrote:
Do tell!!!
Three brothers on the Pyramid stage Sunday afternoon.

Finding out the price of the cider had been dropped on Sunday.
ORBITAL
Known user

Post by ORBITAL »

The Marleys or maybe with the weather The MarshMarleys
Jasonsmith
Known user

Post by Jasonsmith »

was the set list the same as Acoustic Mainlines v2.0 i.e. with Feel so sad and I think I'm in love?
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

The Jig wrote:To all those who weren't there but wish you were, here's something short and sweet but you'll see why this gig was so bloody special.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_qZMTJKPSo

Ah sweet man looks like a perfect setting for some Acoustic Mainlines, even if the flaming pillars remind me of something out of Doom or Quake or something!
So what time did Jason take to the stage in the end? I assumed a lot of people would have been over watching the main stage, or did J instead catch the post-headliner wandering about.
Edukator
Known user

Post by Edukator »

I was at Glasto but I decided once the timetable came up that I was going to watch Bjork instead of Spiritualized. Bjork hardly ever plays in Britain and when it comes to Spiritualized it has to be the full band, sound and lights for me or nothing at all. The thought of the acoustic gigs doesn't excite me particularly.

Boy did she not disappoint- best gig I've ever seen! In between every song I was thinking "could this get any better?" until the next song came in and confirmed that it could. A really special performance - check it out for yourselves on the bbc website
Come on now people, come on and slide with me
squirrel
Known user

Post by squirrel »

Bjork and Jason played at the same time? How the fuck does that happen? OUCH.

So nobody's posted a setlist yet?
estee
Known user

Post by estee »

The band were scheduled to be on at 11:40 so I had chance to watch the start of bjork. with all the mud and slurry everywhere (4 step forward and 3 steps backwards) I left bjork a little earlier to make sure i didn't miss the start of spiritualized, as i was walking away bjork started to sing venus as a boy which was beautiful.

the band took to the stage at 12ish, the set list was the same as the second phase of the acoustic mainlines tour but i cant remember if the order of play was different. I remembered the guy jumping on stage, dunno what he actually did but it made me think of morrissey fans who jump up to hug him. i told my mates about the guy jumping up on stage and they reckoned it was me, it wasn't.

best songs of the night have to be: cool waves, amen, sitting on fire and all of my tears i can feel the goosebumps rising again.
there seemed to be a couple technical problems as i remember a song being reattempted and jason putting his guitar down so he could speak to the sound guy at the side of the stage. the band finished at 2ish with oh happy day.

this was the highlight of the weekend for me, the park stage is a new addition to the glastonbury festival. it was a mini amphitheatre with huge pillars with flames on top either side of the stage. there was a beautiful mellow atmosphere in the crowd, some people were sat on bunches of straw around the back of the field and others standing or gently dancing.
dab66
New user

Post by dab66 »

A few more pics..

Plydon
New user

Post by Plydon »

I thought the setting of the park field was perfect with the on fire columns adding to the atmosphere. Spz didn't start til about 12:20 at which point things were getting a little chilly!. I made a recording of the gig...came out a little bit quiet...1 or 2 songs are slightly affected by mates talking too loudly! I'm currently listening to the gig as i type this...and i might need help with 1 or 2 of the titles. One has a lyric of "play the song and i shall sing along" Anyway i'll shortly post the setlist when i work it out!
Plydon
New user

Post by Plydon »

Set list for Glastonbury was exactly the same as for Shepherds Bush. I wasn't sure of the titles for the new songs but listening closely to the lyrics, confirms that the titles given appear in the songs.

01. Sitting on fire
02. Lord let it rain on me
03. True love will find you
04. Cool waves
05. Amen
06. Soul on fire
07. Walking with Jesus
08. Death take your fiddle
09. Going down slow
10. All of my tears
11. Feel so sad
12. Stop your crying
13. Anything more
14. Ladies & gentleman we are floating in space
15. Can't help falling in love
16. Broken heart
17. Baby I'm just a fool
18. Goodnight, goodnight
19. Think I'm in love
20. Lord can you hear me?
21. Oh happy day

Pat
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

That stage setup is beautiful.

I'm not particularly a fan of recycled set lists, but it is truly a brilliant set.
Suzyboo
New user

Post by Suzyboo »

Does anyone know if there is a bootleg of the Acoustic Mainlines show? I love it and would love to have a CD copy.
estee
Known user

Post by estee »

preferably the glastonbury gig ???
Plydon
New user

Post by Plydon »

My previous post of course should have had "can't help falling in love" as
a part of "ladies and gentlemen..."

I recorded the glastonbury show (103 mins) and would happily run off a few copies if anybody wants them (if you can put up with my occasional coughing & 1 or 2 loud neighbours!).I was afraid that the surrounding noise might ruin it, but i don't think it came out too bad.

[/quote]
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

Plydon wrote:My previous post of course should have had "can't help falling in love" as

I recorded the glastonbury show (103 mins) and would happily run off a few copies if anybody wants them (if you can put up with my occasional coughing & 1 or 2 loud neighbours!).I was afraid that the surrounding noise might ruin it, but i don't think it came out too bad.
[/quote]

PLEASE
PLEASE
PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE
rameses
Known user

Post by rameses »

Plydon wrote:My previous post of course should have had "can't help falling in love" as

[/quote]

oh yes, me too! :D
It's nice to be liked,
But it's better by far to get paid.
squire23
Known user

Post by squire23 »

Any chance you can seed it on Dime or some other tracker? If not I'm interested in a trade as well. Email me at squire23@gmail.com
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

Zomb is a good place to seed with open registration

http://zombtracker.the-zomb.com/index.php
squire23
Known user

Post by squire23 »

I have this boot now & will be seeding on Dime either tomorrow or the day after. Can anyone provide lineage info for the boot?
puffpants
Known user

Re: Glasto-BBC-Acoustic Mainlaines

Post by puffpants »

did this show materialise?

any chance of a megaupload link for those that dont have d-a-d accounts?

please?!
squire23
Known user

Post by squire23 »

This show is up now... sorry for the delay
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=165296
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Decent recording of the standard Acoustic Mainlines set. Lots of drunk sing-a-longs and chatting, though. Quite humorous.
LUFC_SPACEMAN
Known user

Re:

Post by LUFC_SPACEMAN »

BzaInSpace wrote:
Whose next, Kula Shaker?
i wish! ( a bit late i know, sorry)