Leeds '02 - Sigh. Why o why...

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

josephheaven
New user

Leeds '02 - Sigh. Why o why...

Post by josephheaven »

I was lucky enough to be driving the band to & from thier hotel and even had one of thier phone numbers! Wow I thought, how fantastic!
Unfortunately, being exhausted and a bit overwhelmed I never asked for work or guestlist/autograph type stuff and just chatted like I'd just met 'em in the pub like any normal type of dudes!!! Arse. I'm still kicking myself. They were a really sound bunch and it's YET ANOTHER opportunity to add to my LONG list of blown ones!

Perhaps I should write that list so I remind myself not to blow possible opportunities in the future!!!

Oh well. Call me a Prat, go on, you know you want to!!!
Met the chaps at Leeds '02. Lovely friendly geezers & a great band!
ModestMouse
New user

Post by ModestMouse »

I reckon it's cooler that ya just chatted than get their autographs. That's the difference between getting to know the people you admire and merely worshiping their image
Ian

Post by Ian »

Yeah, I agree. Hanging out and chatting is far cooler than getting autographs. It sounds like you had a superb time, so I'm not sure what you think you missed out on. A signature on a piece of paper? Surely not as good as the memory.

Love,

Ian
josephheaven
New user

Post by josephheaven »

Y'know, I think your right. I hope that's kinda what I thought at the time. It's really hard to know how to talk to some people though (I've met a few 'famous' types). Esecially when you really want to talk to them but don't want to look like another licky-brown-nose 'fan'. Guess thats what was so nice in this instance, I mean, they were so easy going and approachable (unlike the likes of Oasis and The Prodigy at other gigs, who are either totally surrounded by luvvies and security or are just plain scary-famous big-time-untouchable) that I had no reservations about chatting to them. As I said, a really sound bunch of dudes who seemed totally unfazed by thier fame and fortune! Still wish I'd begged 'em for a job though! :wink:
Met the chaps at Leeds '02. Lovely friendly geezers & a great band!