Spiritualized to play in Oslo, Norway on August 14

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

CinnamonBoy
Known user

Spiritualized to play in Oslo, Norway on August 14

Post by CinnamonBoy »

It was confirmed this weekend, on the official Oya festival website

http://www.oyafestivalen.com

that Spiritualized will play there this summer. This is the same festival they had to cancel 2 years ago only hours before they were to go on stage because of their drummer's illness. Great to have them back this year.
And if I am not mistaken, this is the first concert in Scandinavia after the release of Amazing Grace!

Now I'm off to the post-office to get my ticket...

Post by Guest »

Weeeeee :D
finally!! really looking forward!!!
Rockelise
New user

Post by Rockelise »

Allright!!!!!!!!!!
This is going to be great!!!!! 8)
Prins Paris
New user

Post by Prins Paris »

My God I would like to go, but apart from Spiritualized and Soundtrack of our lives, I can't see much else I know and like. Can you recomend any of the other bands?
CinnamonBoy
Known user

Post by CinnamonBoy »

On Saturday, when Spiritualized is playing, I would definitely recommend checking out the Lemonheads' reunion concert, Ralph Myerz and Euroboys.
Anyway, Spiritualized alone is worth the ticket price...trust me :wink:
Juzba
Known user

Post by Juzba »

Cinnamonboy: Any news about a possible gig in Sweden or merry ol' Finland? They've never been here (Finland), and I know for a fact they'd easily fill a venue with a capacity for 1000+ people.

Trying to save cash to still buy tix (plane and concert) for the RFH gig. Fucked if I miss that one.

Brukar ni fira midsommar där i Norge?
CinnamonBoy
Known user

Post by CinnamonBoy »

Juzba wrote:Cinnamonboy: Any news about a possible gig in Sweden or merry ol' Finland? They've never been here (Finland), and I know for a fact they'd easily fill a venue with a capacity for 1000+ people.
I haven't heard anything about gigs in Sweden or Finland I'm afraid...
My impression is that the gig at Oyafestivalen is only to make up for the cancellation two years ago. Otherwise they don't seem to have bothered much about the Nordic countries on this tour...I can't imagine why.
What a shame they haven't played in Finland. About time they did then, they obviously don't know what a great country they're missing. I spent two weeks driving around southern Finland some years ago, From Turku to Helsinki and all the way to the Russian border and back via Lahti and Tampere. I have some great memories from that trip!

Vår 'midtsommar afton' kalles 'Sankthans (St. Hans) aften', og den feires 23. juni. Det er IKKE en like stor happening som svensk og finsk 'midtsommar', men dersom det er fint vær så tenner vi store bål og drikker øl og eter korv :-)
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

COME ON, Juzba, get your bones together and come to RFH gig.
even i am going! :roll:

it's sad indeed that Spiritualized are not coming closer than Norway.
surely i can't dream that they will ever visit Estonia, though John Coxon has been here with Spring Heel Jack for 3 times, if my memory delivers it rightly. they have even written a track about it - Eesti.
nice nice.
Juzba
Known user

Post by Juzba »

Cinnamonboy: That's nice to hear. I was in the north of Norway bout' ten years ago with an RV and it was fantastic. Won't forget Hammerfest (the northermost city in the world, I think), which was beyond beautiful. Gotta check out Oslo sometime.

Låter bra! Hufvudsaken är ju att man dricker öl och äter korv :)
Att bada bastu och simma är en bonus kanske, men det går utan.
Ett par midsommar har jag firat här i stan också, och det går lika bra, så länge man har öl, korv o en bra grupp (porukka, som det kallas här)

Veiko: I know... It's a must. Actually just today I'm trying to get a job, so that I could work for July and get a loan from my father or brother. Have to see whether it works out.

Perkele, kun tekeisi mieli mennä... :?