iTunes Live?

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

dselevan
Known user

iTunes Live?

Post by dselevan »

What is it? I'm a big Nick Cave fan. Do we watch it live or buy it later?
purespace
Known user

Re: iTunes Live?

Post by purespace »

*edit* sorry tech diff
I think I feel it coming on
dselevan
Known user

Post by dselevan »

ok i did my research we can buy it from iTunes
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Does this mean it will be available on the US iTunes Store? I know that a lot of albums that I want are on the British iTunes Store and I cannot purchase them without setting up a different account and transferring funds into pounds.

Otherwise, sounds like it will be an amazing gig...with free (?) tickets to us fans.
JPB
Known user

Post by JPB »

This is great news. We'll finally get an 'official' release of Spz Accoustic Mainlines!
Alistair
Known user

Post by Alistair »

Can anyone help me with itunes - I'm new to downloading. I have an MP3/WMA player (not an ipod) - will I be able to get this gig off itunes and play it on my MP3/WMA player or do I need an ipod?

Sorry if that is an obvious question but I have looked at the itunes page and cannot get an easy answer.

Thanks.
JPB
Known user

Post by JPB »

Itunes uses a format called AAC and can only be used on Apple products. However if you download the gig to Itunes you can then rip this to a CD.
Alistair
Known user

Post by Alistair »

OK, thanks for the update. I didn't think I could get any files off itunes to play on my MP3 player but just wanted to confirm. Its useful to know you can burn straight to a CD though.

In terms of burning CDs whenever I burn a downloaded gig there are always annoying gaps between the songs. I tend to use Nero to burn and have removed the two second gaps between tracks but there is still a slight break remaining. Does anyone know of an easy way to over come this? I have access to Windows Media Player aswell if its easier to sort the problem by burning using that programme.

Thanks in advance for any advice offered.
yousef_mcr
Known user

Post by yousef_mcr »

Without wanting to re-ignite an old debate, I think this is one of the unfortunate drawbacks of using MP3s...

I think the only way around it would be to convert each track to a .wav file and then drop them into an audio editing program like Wavelab, crossfading them into each other to make one huge file. You could then use a program such as CDWav to split the tracks in the proper way, avoiding those annoying microsecond gaps.

I know some media players allow a 'gapless' playback option and some have a 'burn to cd' function - I wonder if both could be used together?
Alistair
Known user

Post by Alistair »

OK. I think I'll just put up with the gaps! Sounds complicated and I only have limited technology (and technology knowledge!) available. Thanks for the advice - I just wondered if there was an easy way round it but obviously not.

Thanks again.
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

Alistair, theres a setting in itunes for gaps between tracks when burning cd's. If you set that to zero when you burn your disc you'll fine. You'll find it in the advanced bit of preferences.
Alistair
Known user

Post by Alistair »

Thanks for that - I'll bear it in mind once the Acoustic Mainlines gig is available.
yousef_mcr
Known user

Post by yousef_mcr »

simonkeeping wrote:Alistair, theres a setting in itunes for gaps between tracks when burning cd's. If you set that to zero when you burn your disc you'll fine. You'll find it in the advanced bit of preferences.
I'm not too familiar with itunes, but I suspect that this will have the same result as choosing the zero second gap with Nero i.e. a micro gap is likely to remain.

However, I did find this webpage which shows you how to burn a gapless cd from MP3s using Nero:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f109/gapless-a ... ow-102739/

There's also quite a lot of info there about why those little pauses arise.
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

I'm not too familiar with itunes, but I suspect that this will have the same result as choosing the zero second gap with Nero i.e. a micro gap is likely to remain.

However, I did find this webpage which shows you how to burn a gapless cd from MP3s using Nero
yeah thats right. Im not 100% but I guess you have to download Itunes to buy stuff from the site? so all should be red and rosy.