Bootlegs

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

Terra Serranum
New user

Bootlegs

Post by Terra Serranum »

Hello all,

I forgot my old username, I've been coming here for years but never had much to say so always 'lurked' about. I'm curious, where is a good place to post/download mp3's?? I'm not very computer literate, never attempted to figure out the entire torrent thing. I've got a bunch of shows from DAT/CD trades from 7-10 years ago that I'd like to share. Don't have the time to do trades any longer, much easier to have a place where I can post what I have and just download what I don't.

Thanks - M
dselevan
Known user

Re: Bootlegs

Post by dselevan »

Hey there,
I was just about to, "check out" when I saw this. Funny how things work out.
Are you looking to convert these files to mp3 and than share them via an easy upload, or do you want to preserve their quality and use a Bittorent? There are people who can walk you through either process. If you want to convert to mp3 and do a quick upload, you can use iTunes and Megaupload.com.

If you have high quality recordings and would like to preserve CD quality, you can import your CD as .WAV files, put them into a .FLAC container, and share them on a Bit Torrent site like the Trader's Den, or Dime.

Personally, I like quick and easy. I convert to mp3 or mp4 (the video version of mp3) and than share via my iDisk, which is online storage from Apple. It's just a matter of drag and drop. Megaupload.com is free, but it will take a long time to upload your files.

If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me an e-mail..
Terra Serranum
New user

Post by Terra Serranum »

Yup, I'm looking for a place where I can upload my shows (converted to MP3, I don't worry too much about the "loss of quality" because, really, they're bootlegs, never gonna be an audiophiles dream no matter what) and hopefully download some I don't have. I've uploaded some SPZ on other forums before and they've gone unnoticed, just wondering where the best place to do it is.

Thanks - M
dselevan
Known user

Post by dselevan »

What do you think of this way of doing it:
http://web.mac.com/dselevan/Site/Spirit ... e_Day.html