Trying to identify gig on VCD

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

dselevan
Known user

Trying to identify gig on VCD

Post by dselevan »

Ok. So they are outdoors somewhere, looks kind of like Glasto. But I have Glasto 92, 93 on video and this isn't it. They go from Things'll Never Be the Same to Smiles. Than there are fireworks. It was broadcast on MTV. Kate and Mark were still in the band. Any ideas? It was night time, so not Glasto 92, and Glasto 93 ended with Take Your Time and than Smiles. Please help!
They Transmit
Known user

Re: Trying to identify gig on VCD

Post by They Transmit »

Sounds like Glastonbury to me, def remember the fireworks...
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-lights-Become-lights/225847625393
dselevan
Known user

Post by dselevan »

Ok. Well I have Glasto 92 on VHS and DVD. That was definitely during the day. The beginning of the tape appears to be Glasto 93 (for anyone who downloaded the TV performances .MOV file I was sharing for awhile). So this is the end of a gig, not Glasto 92, 93. Kate was in the band. This was before John Coxon. Did they play Glasto 94 at night?
They Transmit
Known user

Post by They Transmit »

If memory serves they came on and was kinda coming towards dusk/sundown and as their sent went on it got darker as the sun went down then fireworks at the end of the set.
dselevan
Known user

Post by dselevan »

you sure that wasnt 98? This was definitely earlier.
They Transmit
Known user

Post by They Transmit »

Was my first Glastonbury, so I'd have been in my early twenties putting it around early ninties
dselevan
Known user

Post by dselevan »

This will be my final offering as Spiritualized and MANAGEMENT is more interested in the copyright owner.
dselevan
Known user

Post by dselevan »

This video is here, you can tell me what show it is
http://web.mac.com/dselevan/Site/Spirit ... e_Day.html
yousef_mcr
Known user

Post by yousef_mcr »

dselevan wrote:This will be my final offering as Spiritualized and MANAGEMENT is more interested in the copyright owner.
Are you entirely self-absorbed?

Just remember that this is the same "Spiritualized and MANAGEMENT" that has seemingly turned a blind eye to all the many copyright infringements made when people on this board make, share and publicize recordings of the band's live shows and TV appearances. Just because you couldn't get what you wanted on this one occasion, don't potentially ruin the whole thing for everyone else with your crazed ramblings.
dselevan
Known user

Post by dselevan »

The, "Management" are the ones who pointed out how stupid I am for not understanding their copyright ownership. Sure I'm self absorbed. Anyway, I am streaming the VCD here:http://web.mac.com/dselevan/Site/Spirit ... e_Day.html
If anyone can identify the gig I would appreciate it. I'm referring to the one with fireworks.
I don't know who owns the copyright to this stuff, I'm sure it was broadcast on public TV in the UK. I am pretty stupid when it comes to copyright laws, but I've always thought that sharing live performances helped a band sell records. I'm not sure why this video would hurt them. I would obviously take this stuff off my website if the management asked me to, I don't want to go to jail or anything.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Most definitely 1993. I was there and apart from the tunes, the fireworks and white beams of light from the milkbar are instantly recognisable. See my post in music for more info. Oh yeah, and the footage of Ozric Tentacles before and after Spiritualized is very nice for the nano second it lasts. :D
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
dselevan
Known user

Post by dselevan »

Thanks Sunray! Very much appreciated. I guess that means I have Glasto 92,93,98,04. Cool!
spazed99
Known user

Post by spazed99 »

the band always have been, and still are, very happy for people to share files. just once we asked to see something which we thought might be valuable for the new site....
dselevan
Known user

Post by dselevan »

spazed99 - I get that. If it was explained in that way from the very beginning it would have been a different story. I had no idea there even was a new site until this morning, I totally thought people were joking when they referred to the new site. I thought this was an open source software package run by a couple of Jason's buddies, I never thought any of those videos would see the light of day. That's great that there is a new Spiritualized site coming.

I would suggest having an FTP site for sharing bootlegs. It would keep people coming back to your site over and over again. Just an idea, there is plenty of free FTP software out there.