Glastonbury 2004

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

Sad Oasis watcher

Glastonbury 2004

Post by Sad Oasis watcher »

Anyone know what the Spiritualized set list was for Friday nite at Glasto???

I was watching the Gallaghers instead, as I'm gonna wait for the RFH gig.
Stig22
New user

Post by Stig22 »

Yeah here it is :D

this little life
electricity
walkin' with jesus
lord let it rain
ballad of
oh baby
come together
think i'm in love
cheapster
take your time
smiles
Ian

Post by Ian »

Y'know, that's the second time I've seen that setlist posted, but it's not the same as the (supposedly live) TV coverage. I've not got the TV version with me right now, but it started with Electricity, didn't include This Little Life Of Mine or The Ballad Of Ritchie Lee, but did include She Kissed Me (And It Felt Like A Hit) and Broken Heart... so quite different.

Wonder if the first person to put the setlist up just made a mistake or two, or if the TV coverage was messed about with.

Love,

Ian
unkle_karl
Known user

Post by unkle_karl »

That setlist is def not right. The set started off with the standard Electricity-Shine A Light intro. This Little Life wasn't played, neither was Richie Lee. Rest of set seems quite accurate, although they also played Broken Heart (aspointed out elsewhere). For the record, although the set was disappointingly similar to the tour earlier in the year, the band still sounded good, and most importantly/surprisingly, the crowd absolutely loved it. The new tent was packed, and the reception they got was amazing, better than quite a few solo Spz gigs I've been to.
chrissybaby

Post by chrissybaby »

just come back from glasto....probably best band i saw all weekend!!! did they play most of the show on the bbc?
nathan_barley
New user

Post by nathan_barley »

I thought they started with electricity/shine a light and played both Broken heart and Cheapster later in the set.

Basically all the same as versions on the last tour, but still an amazing gig and very good response from the crowd.

best set of the whole festival without a doubt.
Leggy Mountbatten
Known user

Nathan Barley

Post by Leggy Mountbatten »

You win. That is the best login ever. You cunt.
nathan_barley
New user

Post by nathan_barley »

Cheers Leggy.

Did anyone record the BBC transmission, or does anyone have any bootllegs of the last tour?
Leggy Mountbatten
Known user

Sour Note Alert

Post by Leggy Mountbatten »

Go to Ebay. Search for 'Glastonbury Mud'.

Think about the state of humanity...

Think about all the countries in the world where people don't have water, food, childhood...

Cry.
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

bloody hell. I expected to see one odd ball sale but 51 items? Good grief.
HippyPaul

Glastonbury set list

Post by HippyPaul »

I was lucky enough to watch the set from the wings of the stage and this was the setlist that the band had taped to the amps
Electricity
Shine a light
Walking with Jesus
She kissed me
Lord let it rain on me
Oh baby
Cheapster
Come together
Broken heart
Think I'm in love
Take your time
Smiles

I've seen Spiritualized many times but to see the power of this band from the stage was truly amazing
In my mind it was a awesome performance
P.Hep

Post by P.Hep »

They were the band of the weekend without doubt....
It was such a powerful experience that I swear I was close to tears during "Lord let it rain"

If anyone did record the televised performance I will pay good money for a copy!
thanks
spliffboy
Known user

Post by spliffboy »

P.Hep wrote:They were the band of the weekend without doubt....
It was such a powerful experience that I swear I was close to tears during "Lord let it rain"

If anyone did record the televised performance I will pay good money for a copy!
thanks
I'm also very keen for a copy of this.........video/dvd/cd/whatever medium you have it on!
I'll trade/pay/kill for it.............whatever it takes!!!!

Post by Guest »

did anyone manage to get hold of a copy of the bbc broadcast?
spliffboy
Known user

Post by spliffboy »

Anonymous wrote:did anyone manage to get hold of a copy of the bbc broadcast?
I'm still waiting for someone/anyone to reply to me (hint hint)

Lord, can you here me when i call!
LMAO
spliffboy
Known user

Post by spliffboy »

I should be getting a copy of Glasto 04 at some point soon...........I have at least one other person to pass it on to but there wil be only so many copies I can feasibly knock up..............anyone who would like to get involved in a chain, PM me.

I'm off on my hols Saturday morning so you'll have to be fast........and I probably won't get round to burning anytihing until early August.
spliffboy
Known user

Post by spliffboy »

To all who have pm'ed re: glasto 04:

I'm off on hols and don't have time to reply to you all individually..............I'll get in contact early August and start sorting out the chain.
please bear in mind that I'm not going to copy laods of DVDs..(I can't, I don't have a burner).......I'll do a few and pass them on to people who are willing to keep a chain going.

Take it easy and I'll see you all at RFH!

Bye x
helm
Known user

Post by helm »

hello

just got back. apparently i haven't logged on to this website since the 5th of june. nice.

yeah, spiritualized were great at the festival- saw john peel at the start to the side of the stage. danced like a loon. slept well that night!

anyone else going to see them this weekend?
dollyrocker

yep, got tix for sunday..

Post by dollyrocker »

can't wait! will be hanging on for 'shine a light'..

Post by Guest »

The Glastonbury show has been posted on alt.binaries.mpeg.videos on Usenet. (Be warned - it's well over 1Gigabyte!!!).

Obviously, to get ahold of it you'll need to use a Usenet browser. Easynews.com, which has a one month trial period option, is a good one.

That said, now it's on Usenet, it should probably pop up on Sharing The Groove sooner or later.
chrissybaby
New user

Post by chrissybaby »

arghhhhh!!!! I cant access newsgroups but am thinking about subscribing... what do i need to subscribe to to see the Usenet videos...?
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

hey chrissybaby,

i think i'm in love...
got the RAR files off usenet, checking out the MPEG...

2 quickie screenshots:
SPZ1
SPZ2

dk
chrissybaby
New user

Post by chrissybaby »

YES!!!! keep going dave keep going!!!!
is there any chance you could post em back to alt.binaries.mpeg.videos i subscribed to newsgroups but they have gone and the guy who originally posted em said he has no plans to repost :oops:
or maybe bit torrent???
i just gotta see this :shock:
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

i burned to DVD+RW and checked it out before work this AM.
Toast 6 required the burn to be in PAL format, fortunately my player can handle that.

The video quality is excellent.
The audio quality... well, i don't want to complain, but it sounds like a washed-out 128 kbps MP3. listening thru a stereo would probably make it sound worse. The high end is clipped and "watery" for lack of a better term.

I'm still glad to have it, considering the cost (free), but it's a shame the sound isn't as good as i'd hoped.

Once STG is back up, i can probably set up a torrent.

dk
chrissybaby
New user

Post by chrissybaby »

hi dave great news about the vid!!! im sure we can live with the sound... hopefully stg will be back up later today, if you set a torrent up i can keep this seeded until everyone that wants it gets it...
thanks for all your help....
Chuck Bugle

Post by Chuck Bugle »

davedecay wrote: The video quality is excellent.
The audio quality... well, i don't want to complain, but it sounds like a washed-out 128 kbps MP3. listening thru a stereo would probably make it sound worse. The high end is clipped and "watery" for lack of a better term.
Hi Dave,

If it was recorded from British Cable TV or digital freeview, then I wouldn't expect the sound to be any better than what you have decscribed. Our digital services over here , including DAB radio, have very poor sound quality and I believe that in most cases it is around 128kbps.

Even so, I am downloading the set off giganews.com and I'm massively excited. I was there at the Spz gig at Glasto and it screwed me up completely.

I couldn't even see properly, I had a very interesting amble back to the tent. But that could be equally due to the 15 mins of strobe lighting at the end as my own state. I was completely off my tits.

:shock: