London Electric Mainlines

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

simonkeeping
Known user

London Electric Mainlines

Post by simonkeeping »

Got my tickets. Waiting for Cambridge box office to open. Im excited like a 5 year old at Christmas. Whos going?
angelsighs
Known user

Re: London Electric Mainlines

Post by angelsighs »

cambridge box office doesnt seem to be opening so I got mine from seetickets.

anyone know what this dot to dot festival is? any good?
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

We'll be there at Koko...probably still in recovery mode after the Explosions in the Sky ATP festival the previous weekend, but I'm sure a bolt of Spiritualized Electric into our Mainlines will perk us up....
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

i'm jealous. saw Explosions in the sky in Brighton the other week and it was awesome. Love ATP as a festival too.

Anyway roll on Spiritualized ELECTRIC Mainlines!!
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

angelsighs wrote:i'm jealous. saw Explosions in the sky in Brighton the other week and it was awesome.
Really? Saw them a month ago and it was nothing to write home about, not in the same league as Mogwai or Mono by a long way.
Anyway, enjoy the gigs.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

sunray wrote:
angelsighs wrote:i'm jealous. saw Explosions in the sky in Brighton the other week and it was awesome.
Really? Saw them a month ago and it was nothing to write home about, not in the same league as Mogwai or Mono by a long way.
Anyway, enjoy the gigs.
yep really. They didn't even play any of my favourite songs but it was still phenomenal. I saw Mogwai last year which didn't really compare but maybe your talking about more vintage Mogwai gigs.

I see Mono are playing the ATP too.. Are they as loud live as I imagine?
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Yep, Mono are as loud as you'd expect and not to be missed if you ever get the chance. Last saw Mogwai 2 years ago and it was one of the greatest gigs i ever saw them play,mindblowing! Of course the fact that i was peaking on acid just as they came on probably helped! :lol:
Phased Out
Known user

Post by Phased Out »

can't remember the last time i saw Mogwai give a great performance. its been almost as long as its been since their las good album

EITS just go over my head too, heard it all before and done much better.
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

angelsighs wrote:cambridge box office doesnt seem to be opening so I got mine from seetickets.

its all busy or busted. is that the only other place that sells tickets for the junction?
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

Mono are pretty near the top of our must-see list for ATP!

I don't mind EITS, but the "heard it all before" thing is valid. More excited by the likes of Animal Collective, Iron & Wine, Dinosaur Jr, The National, Battles and a few of the other less well known acts that they're bringing over. I had half a mind that Spiritualized might be there too, given the coincidence with when they're touring, but that looks pretty unlikely now.

But at the end of the day ATP for us is just about bowling around high on Exmoor Gold and whatever drugs we can lay our hands on, and having a ton of fun - plus the music of course!
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

simonkeeping wrote:
angelsighs wrote:cambridge box office doesnt seem to be opening so I got mine from seetickets.

its all busy or busted. is that the only other place that sells tickets for the junction?
I think so- their website specifically mentions them when I looked at 'how to buy tickets'. Is it not working?
Greeny wrote:Mono are pretty near the top of our must-see list for ATP!

I don't mind EITS, but the "heard it all before" thing is valid. More excited by the likes of Animal Collective, Iron & Wine, Dinosaur Jr, The National, Battles
I can sort of see your point about EITS- they certainly embody all the cliches of the genre, which makes them either its zenith or nadir depending on your point of view. I for one just love them. Too many gorgeous moments in their songs to be discounted I think.

Don't forget Trail of Dead, aren't they playing?

Anyway, enjoy the drugs. And Mono!
Phased Out
Known user

Post by Phased Out »

so what's the cheapest anyones found the Lonon tix for yet ?

what with booking fleeces and postage costs
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Greeny wrote:
I don't mind EITS, but the "heard it all before" thing is valid. More excited by the likes of Animal Collective, Iron & Wine, Dinosaur Jr, The National, Battles and a few of the other less well known acts that they're bringing over. I had half a mind that Spiritualized might be there too, given the coincidence with when they're touring, but that looks pretty unlikely now.
Most of these bands plus what seems like half of ATP are all playing Dublin in May en route, very expensive times! I saw AC, Battles and The National last year, steer clear of the National as they were one of the most boring gigs i was at in a long time. AC and Battles are well worth a look though.
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

sunray wrote:
Greeny wrote:
Most of these bands plus what seems like half of ATP are all playing Dublin in May en route, very expensive times! I saw AC, Battles and The National last year, steer clear of the National as they were one of the most boring gigs i was at in a long time. AC and Battles are well worth a look though.
Cheers for the heads-up on The National mate! With three main stages there's bound to be something else interesting on at the same time...
G*
Known user

Post by G* »

Heads up for anyone who's booked tickets for Koko via Livenation and opted for the Box Office collection: went up to Koko on my way home tonight and they reckon that they will only have the tickets ready for collection on the night itself. Begs the question what exactly you're getting for paying the f*cking taxes and what have you but there you are. That aside I can't wait.