Wickerman in Scotland

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

miskra
New user

Wickerman in Scotland

Post by miskra »

Anyone going to the Wickerman Festival?
buggane
Known user

Post by buggane »

Yup, can't wait not sure about any of the other bands, but Spiritualized Open Air is always a great show, very excited !!! :shock:
buggane
Known user

Post by buggane »

Just got back from the Wickerman Festival, thanks a million to Spiritualized for a crackin' set, worth travelling all that way just for an hour of pure pleasure, thanks for the man who jumped on me and surfed my large belly half way through 'Things will never be the same' as it 'brought me back down to earth !', festival as a whole was great fun, great to see Spiritualized playing on a stage built from wood !, they seemed to take a bit of a knocking on the Wickerman website but that was mostly from dance fans and what the fk do they know !, travelled around Dumfries and Galloway after the festival visiting sites from the film and generally having a great time, really friendly place and beautifull beyond belief (especially Glen Trool), thanks to Spiritualized for giving us a reason to visit the area, can't wait for the next time we can make it over to see them.

PS If the fans from Glasgow 'Brendan and Caroline' who we bumped into a lot over the weekend are reading hope you got home OK, drop us a line to say hello, was nice meeting you :D

http://www.ballagroove.com
Britt Ekland
New user

Pics

Post by Britt Ekland »

Some pics of the Wickerman Gig here:
http://www.thewickermanfestival.co.uk/spz.html

Post by Guest »

buggane wrote: they seemed to take a bit of a knocking on the Wickerman website but that was mostly from dance fans and what the fk do they know
I am a 33 year old musician and fan of many genres of music including dance. I saw the Spiritualized set at the Wickerman festival.
Guess what....it sucked...bad.
They were one of the most dull bands I could possibly think of to close the main stage at a festival and I would bet my last pound on them not being invited back to play next year. I realize that they have hardcore fans who appreciated their set, but at a festival you have to do more than just appeal to your own fans.

Oh and btw buggane comments like your quote above only serve to show exactly how little YOU know you ignorant arse
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

Anonymous wrote:I am a 33 year old musician and fan of many genres of music including dance. I saw the Spiritualized set at the Wickerman festival.
Guess what....it sucked...bad.

They were one of the most dull bands I could possibly think of to close the main stage at a festival and I would bet my last pound on them not being invited back to play next year.
Oh and btw buggane comments like your quote above only serve to show exactly how little YOU know you ignorant arse
getting nasty, again. guess what, fuck right back to the hole where you fucked out.

you even didn't bother to scratch out WHAT made you bitter.

and personaly i think, because your kind of braindeads we will take over the handling of wickerfest and do spacerock for hippies for 25 hours per day. just to mock you.
never ever i thought to mock somebody, but angry persons who just want to fume out their emotions can screw their rage. :mrgreen:
gavinduvet
New user

Post by gavinduvet »

attended the wickerman festival.

it was beautiful folks. since 1991 at the art college, belfast, i have attended spiritualized shows and the wickerman performance was something special. as special as the garage, glasgow in jan.

don't care what others think.

i met brendan and caroline on a bus in edinburgh last week. brendan is the brother of one of my mate's mates. quality folk.

addios
buggane
Known user

Post by buggane »

Guest - Just for the record, I'm not really sure why I wrote the comment about dance fans, think I was just a bit pissed off after having come back from the festival and having massively enjoyed Spiritualized (again) to see them taking such a slagging off as I thought they were wonderfull, I love a lot of dance music myself and had a great time over the weekend listening to some of the music in the Tip tent, I don't want to slag off anybodies taste in music so apologies, when all said and done one of the biggest dance acts ever contributed to one of the best Spiritualized tracks ever (Chemicals remix of 'Think I'm in love'). No offence meant :?
roger plywood
Known user

Post by roger plywood »

ah, fuck him buggane, what are you apologising for?

you've got to worry when people try to qualify what they say by starting with "i'm a 33 year old musician". so that means what exactly? we'll take your opinions as fact?

didn't even have the balls to leave a name.
duophonic
New user

Post by duophonic »

Just to add my tuppence worth in, i've seen spiritualized numerous times over the past ten yrs.

Took a special interest in the wickerman festival as i hadn't seen any of the tours relating to their 'amazing grace' release.

Me and the hubbie drove down and stood front row (wickerman fest. was the only place i've been able to do that), and i have to say (apart from the fanny screaming in my husband's ear repeatedly that they were shite), the music and the atmosphere were excellent, it cemented the vibe further when a group that had came down from glasgow soley for the ska/n.soul aspect of the weekend, asked me endless questions about the band and raved about how good they were, it made my night that someone had 'discovered' the band.

As for the 'anon' person who posted comments, i hope it was the guy standing and shouting at my hubbie, as after the night was over a few genuine music fans (enjoying the gig for what it was, great live music), spent the rest of the night, happily kicking the shit out of him, as i made my way back to my car.

Great night was had by all :D
buggane
Known user

Post by buggane »

Apparently Border TV (for you lucky people out that get it :D ) are showing highlights from this years Wickerman festival tonight at 11pm (best check time), would imagine there is a very good chance that they'll show some of Spiritualized :D :D :D (and probably a few people from this forum falling about in various states of unhingedness !)
andi
New user

Post by andi »

Does anyone know when the band is coming back to the States again for some shows?