Black Angels Leeds Brudenell

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

sonic124
Known user

Black Angels Leeds Brudenell

Post by sonic124 »

Well i made the choice of missing my first spz tour since i caught the fever in 95 and i gotta say the Balck Angels were amazing massive cavernous reverb that made your head feel like it was gonna split in two played for over 70 mins and there was just no let up not even pissed that they didnt play some of my faves they were that good lashings of wah wah fuzz and tremolo always help!
angelsighs
Known user

Re: Black Angels Leeds Brudenell

Post by angelsighs »

I also saw the Black Angels the other day, in Birmingham, it was good but not as awesome as I expected. This wasn't the bands fault- the PA was shit (it also reduced the effect of Sian Alice Group's set too, they were far better supporting Spz in Cambridge). It couldn't cope with the onslaught of the bands sound and everything turned to mush (and not in a good way).
I did like the new song where the guitarist moves to the drums halfway through. And the final song (which i presume closes the new album) was beyond epic.
squoggy
Known user

Re: Black Angels Roadhouse Manchester

Post by squoggy »

Top night..why don't they play 'A call to arms?...seen them before but they never play it..best track from 1st CD.

Good turnout considering there was some insignificant football match on where the wrong team in Manchester played.

Night was ruined by Red shit running around Manchester kicking off because they sneaked the Champions league on penalties. ..
Fuzzhead
Known user

Re: Black Angels Roadhouse Manchester

Post by Fuzzhead »

squoggy wrote: Night was ruined by Red shit running around Manchester kicking off because they sneaked the Champions league on penalties. ..
Get it right up ya!

MUFC - Champions of Europe.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

wasn't it like the lesser of 2 evils. I know the long history of Man U hating but Chelsea are just as hatable arent they?
Like the NY Yankees over here. Buying Championships. Terry missing his penalty was priceless. On the other end so was Ronaldo.

Black Angels/Warlocks gig in Detroit end of June. cant wait.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
spaceman13
Known user

Post by spaceman13 »

[quote="spzretent"]
Like the NY Yankees over here. Buying Championships.

Or like your hometown Tigers tried to do this year and so far has backfired. :wink:
*technically I guess a some of the deals where via trade, but still had to stick up for my squad.

The mix of old bastards and youngsters is not quite working out for us either.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

well trades are completely different than free agency which was my point.
I realize there are no trades in thhe Premiership.
the Yankees ruined baseball.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)