Neil Young at Hop Farm

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

Shinesalight
Known user

Neil Young at Hop Farm

Post by Shinesalight »

The legend was on absolute top form at yesterdays gig. Fucking rocked the place and managed to cheer everyone up after much of the day had been spent sheltering from the shit weather. First 4 songs were such a tour-de-force...Love & Only Love, Into the Blue, Everybody Knows this is Nowhere & I've been Waiting For You. Fucking brilliant. Despite not playing Like a Hurricance, Down By The River or anything from Zuma, On the Beach or Tonight's the Night it was an amazing set. The new stuff sounded brilliant and even though he only came back on for a one song encore, it was a superb version of the Beatles A Day in the Life.

As for the other bands on the bill. Didn't catch Everest who opened; Laura Marling was pretty average; avoided the Guillemotts out of principal but also to shelter from the rain in the bar; Rufus Wainwright was simply hideous, a really poor inclusion to the line-up to be honest (summed up perfectly when I bumped into my uncle and asked him if he was having a good time and he replied - "I will be when this whining c**t gets off stage"!!); My Morning Jacket were excellent and felt like the first band to get the crowd going, helped along with the first glimpse of the sun of the day; Supergrass were ok, played the hits and a few new ones, again the crowd seemed to enjoy them; Primal Scream were their usual up and down selves, too many new songs for my liking, though they did play cracking versions of Rocks and Movin' on Up. They were really put to shame by the great man though.

Great day out depsite the rain. Anyone else on here go?
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
jack white
Known user

Re: Neil Young at Hop Farm

Post by jack white »

saw him last week. was pretty much the perfect neil concert. at times he was amazing, others he was... fucking neil young being a bollocks (26 minutes of No Hidden Path).

but yea, words was fucking incredible. and oh lonesome me... and all the good songs he played were at that moment the best versions ever. but then he does something annoying. but that's neil. he ripped malahide castle a new one though with his scorching solo's. and his singing was fucking brilliant too - can still see his face screwing up and devouring itself when he's reaching into his gut during powderfinger. and my my was SO FUCKING HEAVY. ah, it was bloody great.

but fucking 26minutes of no hidden path. jesus christ. bloody contrary fucker. love him. dying to see him again!
gonna burn brightly
for a while
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

I saw Neil this past weekend at the Rock Werchter fesival and can only agree with the above. It was amazing, the highlight of the weekend by a country mile. We got:

1. Love And Only Love
2. Hey Hey, My My
3. Everybody knows This Is Nowhere
4. Spirit Road
5. When You Dance, I Can Really Love
6. Fuckin' Up
7. All Along The Watchtower
8. Oh, Lonesome Me
9. Mother Earth
10. The Needle And The Damage Done
11. Unknown Legend
12. Heart Of Gold
13. Old Man
14. Get Back To The Country
15. Words
16. No Hidden Path
---
17. A Day In The Life

The highlights for me were Unknown Legend (beautiful) and A Day In The Life, which was just insane. I was actually gobsmacked with how good he did that song. And I got Words, one of my fave neil tunes!!
rameses
Known user

Post by rameses »

Unfortunately I missed out on this - does anyone know if there are any recordings of it?
It's nice to be liked,
But it's better by far to get paid.