9:30 club

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

g5chris
New user

9:30 club

Post by g5chris »

what a great show!!! Come Together was the highlight for me. Oh except for win the Dirt Bags threw the drums into the audience and played their final song. F ing amazing
supershonn
Known user

Re: 9:30 club

Post by supershonn »

haha dirtbags, close dirtbombs.

anything else you can tell us about the show, any more details??

thanks if you can.

me.
GermCab
New user

Post by GermCab »

Going just by memory, I can only say a few things about the set list. They opened with "You Lie You Cheat," closed with "Come Together," and played at least the following:

Walking With Jesus
Shine a Light
Electricity
Sweet Talk
Death, Take Your Fiddle
Soul on Fire
g5chris
New user

Post by g5chris »

Dirt bags dirt bombs the same thing. Ko Melina was the shiznit
g5chris
New user

Post by g5chris »

Jason stood stage right in jeans and white tee shirt with sunglasses on facing the guitar/harmonica player Keyboards rear left, bass, drums (drummer chewed gum the whole time), 2 back up "gospel singers" stood on a platform with milk crates partially holding up their monitors. Jason broke a guitar string on the finale and there was no encore. The show ended around 1:00 AM. I've seen them every time they have been in D.C. since they opened for Siouxsie and the Banshees at GW University and although I would have enjoyed a longer set it was a very good show. Check out NPR.org to hear the show in its entirety.
gottafire
Known user

Post by gottafire »

Just incase you didn't check the other thread here are the flacs for the show:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RUTUS6ZV

Hope you enjoy them
http://spiritualizedelectricmainline.blogspot.com/

The place for live Spiritualized®!!

Now with added Tufty power!!!
prefixmag
New user

Post by prefixmag »

Here's a photo gallery that we posted of the show:

http://www.prefixmag.com/photos/spiritu ... -930-club/
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

There's also a nice interview + pics at http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... d=92754720

The interview talks about musical feelings and how he get's his "sound", but nothing you haven't heard before. A slightly smarter interview (as in not saying "hey, so you were sick, right?") ...
supershonn
Known user

Post by supershonn »

g5chris wrote:Jason stood stage right in jeans and white tee shirt with sunglasses on facing the guitar/harmonica player Keyboards rear left, bass, drums (drummer chewed gum the whole time), 2 back up "gospel singers" stood on a platform with milk crates partially holding up their monitors. Jason broke a guitar string on the finale and there was no encore. The show ended around 1:00 AM. I've seen them every time they have been in D.C. since they opened for Siouxsie and the Banshees at GW University and although I would have enjoyed a longer set it was a very good show. Check out NPR.org to hear the show in its entirety.

thanks!!

listened to the show on NPR, sounds like a good nite, be they can always play longer.

me.
t0kdag0n
Known user

Post by t0kdag0n »

I'm just getting around to the NPR webcast of the Spritiualized 9:30 gig. At at one point during "Shine A Light", I was drifting off to the music and thought I was listening to an old boot. It was a pleasant surprise when I realized it was this current band. They can really draw up some power and kick! Maybe I'm a little slow on the draw here but before hearing this band tear into "Electricity" I never realized how heavy the Stooges influence is. :twisted:
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Just got to say thanks and praise for Gottafire posting up the boot of this show - that's probably the best Spiritualized bootleg i've ever heard! (although the Pitchfork version of 'Cheapster' is even better than this one...)

Check out the fantastic improvised guitar at the end of 'Oh Baby' , and the well heavy end of 'Take Me To The Other Side' that goes on and on...what a show! As mentioned elsewhere, 'Walkin With Jesus' is THE version. And 'Shine A Light' is perfect.

I say, get a official live album of this line-up out there now! For my money, this stuff way surpasses the Royal Albert Show album. 8)

BRING IT!
O P 8
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

marcvolta
Known user

Post by marcvolta »

That show was amazing!!!
it was my first SPZ show seeing the full/electric band

i waited outside for about an hour and a half, because i wanted to meet J.
i know lame right!?!?!
but he came out and said " well i guess i could come out and say hi so you guys can go and get some sleep!"
then he sat next to me on the curb, and signed some stuff, and then complimented me on my Roky Erickson shirt (the one with the Pyramid on it) and he said he would have to get one now...
i also met Kev. and the bass player(cant remember his name), they were really cool, and were happy/surprised when i said i was also going to the Brooklyn, NY show the following night as well....

what a nice dude J. is. Just really genuine, and i really felt like i wasnt bugging him and he was happy to be doing what he was doing (playing shows, and meeting fans)

that night was one of the highlights of my life!!
i still think about it all the time
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

For some reason I can't play this in I-Tunes. Is that because they're Flacs? What can I do to get round this?
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

Mac or PC?

For Mac DL xACT

For PC DL http://www.softplatz.com/freeware/flac-to-mp3/

B,

M
Design.