Cleveland 8/1 and Buffalo 8/2 shows...

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

bcastle21
Known user

Cleveland 8/1 and Buffalo 8/2 shows...

Post by bcastle21 »

Wow.

This band is really on the top of it's game at the moment. I think this lineup translates so superbly into the live setting. Pretty much the same setlist as the Washington show boot I heard but there were a few highlights in both these shows.

Lay Back in the Sun....just simply amazing with the drones, guitars, and choir.

Take me to the Other Side...it seems like they are stretching this longer than ever before and improvising a bit more on top of it...it is a complete monster now. Especially in the Buffalo show this song made me feel like i was holding on tight to a rocket as it was leaving the ground, hoping I wouldnt slip off and fall. Amazing.

In Cleveland, Doggen sat down with us at this restaurant we were eating at before hand and chatted with us for a bit...totally down to earth friendly guy. Later, when I saw him watching the Dirtbombs, I bought him a beer. After the show when they were walking off stage, he looks over to me and gives me the "tipping back a beer" sign with a thumbs up. Such a cool moment.

Lord Can you hear me as an encore to both shows was out of this world. In Buffalo, we even got I think I'm in Love, complete with a bubble machine blowing bubbles all over the stage and into the crowd....weird moment for sure.

Jason seems much more intense than he has been in the past when I've seen him.

The tracks from A&E really come to life in the live setting...especially Sweet Talk and Death Take your Fiddle.

Oh yeah, and the choir is awesome.

I actually live in Houston, Texas and was home for a few weeks in the northeast Ohio area and was lucky enough to catch em twice. Now I find out they are playing in Houston at the end of September...can't wait to see what's in store this time...

No matter what you think of the new album...DO NOT MISS them on this tour. It will be well worth your time.
spzretent
Site Admin

Re: Cleveland 8/1 and Buffalo 8/2 shows...

Post by spzretent »

Bummed I missed Cleveland. I was meant to be there but a family emergency put a halt to that.
Waiting for Detroit. As patiently as I can.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
redcloud
Known user

Re: Cleveland 8/1 and Buffalo 8/2 shows...

Post by redcloud »

spzretent wrote: Waiting for Detroit. As patiently as I can.
Likewise Portland!