support for next leg of US tour?

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

bcastle21
Known user

support for next leg of US tour?

Post by bcastle21 »

Any idea who is supporting them now that the Dirtbombs have gone their separate ways? I hope whoever it is is even close to how great the Dirtbombs were. Curious to know who I will be seeing in Houston.

Spaced?
porkchop
Known user

Re: support for next leg of US tour?

Post by porkchop »

Are they not opening for Nick Cave in Houston? They are in LA.
bcastle21
Known user

Post by bcastle21 »

it says nothing on the ticketmaster site or here about it...
supershonn
Known user

Post by supershonn »

i say abeautifulnoise should!

:D
gottafire
Known user

Post by gottafire »

Seconded! Would you dare play sound of confusion though? :lol:
http://spiritualizedelectricmainline.blogspot.com/

The place for live Spiritualized®!!

Now with added Tufty power!!!
supershonn
Known user

Post by supershonn »

haha, hmmmm. actually every month or so we change SP3 cover songs. just one per set. lately we have been doing a great acoustic version of "Amen".

we will have a live DVD coming out in the new year, hopefully one of the covers will make it on it.

i'm still holding out that they will play another gig in San Diego, to go see Jase will cost me $75.00

ohh but for that price i also get to see a Sublime tribute band and probably Jack Johnson.

MANAGEMENT********if you ever read this**********please contact me, i have a great legendary venue the spaceman can play at. PLEASE!!
Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

supershonn wrote:

MANAGEMENT********if you ever read this**********please contact me, i have a great legendary venue the spaceman can play at. PLEASE!!
Your back yard don't count :lol:
What more can the heart of a man desire?
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

supershonn wrote:

Is this in San Diego? Which venue? Che Cafe!!!
supershonn
Known user

Post by supershonn »

well i was hoping for the Casbah, we are on good terms with the owner Tim. i think they could play an amazing gig there.

but wouldn't it be great to see them at Che!!!!!! ha!!!!! that would be brilliant.

thanks.
myegi
Known user

Post by myegi »

There is quite a nice gap between the LA and San Diego dates... perhaps they have to wait to announce something so more Street Scene tickets sell?? I vote Casbah, and preferably before the 19th (when I have to disappear behind the Iron Curtain again)! It's not like they are gonna play Leno...
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Casbah would be good, but I think it would just be too small for them - although I don't doubt how awesome that would be. They might play 4th and B again (barf). On second thought, judging from the 4th and B crowd, Casbah might not be a bad idea.

Anyhoo.....I have connections to all venues on the UC San Diego campus (only slightly with the Che Cafe, since they are technically "independent" from the rest of the campus). I used to run the student office that booked all the shows (minus Che) on the campus. Still having considerable weight in booking matters, if for some wondrous reason they should need a show in a venue the size of any on the UCSD campus, I can and will be of service.