brixton gig 98/ 99 ?

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

mark
Known user

brixton gig 98/ 99 ?

Post by mark »

Did anyone go to the Primal Scream allnighter, about 99, and SPZ came on about 2,maybe 3 ( cannot remember for obvious reasons ), but anyway, there was only about 50/60 at the front, and people were literaly falling over, as everyone was so mashed. Now that was worth the ticket price, i'm hoping next sundays is at £25.
Fuzzhead
Known user

Post by Fuzzhead »

That sounds glorious...
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

That must have been during the vanishing point tour, I read abit about it alittle while ago. Was abit worried i missed Spiritualized coz i went to the all nighter in 2000

Post by Guest »

I went to that show. It was actually on Valentine's Day '98 as I was going to school in London. I actually started out that day at Loch Ness and made my way down in time for the show. I was passing in and out of consciousness as Spiritualized were playing. I remember Alabama 3 opened up and two giant hypodermic needles dancing behind them on stage. I caught the last night bus home and walked down Camden Road at six in the morning as the sun was rising and there was nothing but trash everywhere on the street. It felt like the end to the perfect night out.
Alex English
Known user

Post by Alex English »

Whoops, that was me.
u_nderscore
Known user

Post by u_nderscore »

haha, yeah i was there, one of the 50/60 left down at the front for spiritualized - you are so right mark. it was right around the release of shields' arkestra mix of 'if they move kill em' and it was magic. spiritualized were intense to say the least - strobe madness in excess. didn't know they were going to be on until we walked in there on the night - a surprise treat. asian dub foundation were on in the other room and i swear ive never heard bass so loud. it was dangerous - shook your whole body - wicked but you literally couldnt stay to watch them - it hurt, i shit you not! :D

what a gig though. i first heard alabama 3 that night and my, was i glad of that.
8)