Houston

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

bcastle21
Known user

Houston

Post by bcastle21 »

Just walked in my apt. Ears ringing. Head spinning.

Thanks guys...first the power comes back on then I witness greatness...a damn good week.

Was great to hear Ladies and Gentlemen, Life is a Problem, and Think I'm in Love on top of what has been already a stellar setlist that I recalled from earlier this summer.

And Take me to the Other Side keeps getting better everytime I hear it...I swear they are adding more sound effects or distortion or something to it...it's a full blown monster.

... friends in the UK, this is not a tour to pass up.
jackhitts
New user

Re: Houston

Post by jackhitts »

I think my ears are still ringing now, as I sit here in my living room trying to watch college football with no sound. I like the ringing ears. I'm pretty sure that's the first perfect show I've seen.

One question though: what was the last song before the encore? Was that "Take Me To The Other Side"? I know I recognized it but for some reason I couldn't think of what song it was...
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

It probably was.

Glad to hear other people enjoying the new shows as much as I am!
Listen2me
New user

Post by Listen2me »

I got the setlist from last night...what a show.

Amazing Grace / You Lie you cheat
Shine a light
cheapster
soul on fire
sweet talk
walkin' with jesus
oh baby
rated x
lay back
death take your fiddle
life is a problem
ladies & gentlemen
think i'm in love
come together
take me to the other side
bcastle21
Known user

Post by bcastle21 »

and of course Lord Can You Hear Me

...when Doggen breaks it down near the end and the choir starts shouting...damn.
purespace
Known user

Houston

Post by purespace »

I'm back from Houston and after some rest, I have to give a big shout out to the Houston crowd. Jesus you were all so INTO it! From the hair raising Amazing Grace opener to the finale, the whole crowd just whooped it up dancing, singing along, shouting, swooning, and giving right back to the band. Houston, you fucking rocked!!!

After seeing this show and the one in Detroit, my prior feelings about the Detroit show remain that it was mostly bombastic with the bass so loud and high in the mix that Doggen's guitar and the key boards (most of the time) were barely audible to me in the often times overpowering and muddy mix. The audience recording floating around sounds better than what I heard at St. Andrews. I do love it loud and the bass beat the hell out of me, but not to the point of compromising the overall sound.

Houston was just right, loud and powerful and tender in all the right spots; I could actually hear Doggen's guitar work and the keyboards this time. In Detroit they were lost.

And then we get LAGWAFIS, Think I'm in Love (stunning!) and Life Is A Problem. I flew back to Michigan spent and satisfied 8).
I think I feel it coming on
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

Does this mean the staple, seminal and epic Take Your Time is no longer the penultimate song on the current live setlist (bar encores)? :cry:
I'm like Evel Knievel, I get paid for the attempt. I didn't promise this shit would be good!
Dave Chappelle
dselevan2
Known user

Post by dselevan2 »

Mojo I was thinking the same thing.
It's all about Lay Back in the Sun 2008.
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

Lay Back In the Sun is just brilliant on this tour, and as much as I love Take Your Time, LBITS had me grinning like a mad bastard once again :lol:
I think I feel it coming on
bcastle21
Known user

Post by bcastle21 »

any chance of a recording of this show surfacing any time soon?
Listen2me
New user

Post by Listen2me »

bcastle21 wrote:any chance of a recording of this show surfacing any time soon?

That would be sooo awesome
dselevan2
Known user

Post by dselevan2 »

Yeah, Lay Back in the Sun 2008 is something you can dance around to. Great bass/drums for jumping around to. It makes you want to throw your fist in the air when Spaceman yells, "GOOD DOPE GOOD FUN! GOOD DOPE GOOD FUN!"
Maybe playing with Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds helped Jason get some of his intensity back? This aint sittin' in a stool Spiritualized anymore.